Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 100035 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2014, 09:56:55 am »

Turn 20

Update Music. (Rune's kind of titan-like...)

Noticing More Action on the ground floor, Rune waited until they had almost reached his feet, before flinging himself into the air, curling up into a ball, and doing a cannonball into the square. The robots should get annihilated by the shockwave, and that should leave me free to do my next bit of business. Destroy the power plant. Mindless destruction? No, planned mayhem!!!

If fire isn't working, the claws would do their work!

((That didn't go as well as I had hoped))

Mop realizes that the Swifferbots will not be able to fully disable the stubborn collosus without taking far too many losses.  It decides to at least try to disable its other ankle, hopefully causing it to be unable to take square aim at the power station in the future, or at least give it more pressing problems.

"CHAAAARGE!"

Mop orders the remaining combat models to open fire on the already damaged foot, hoping to sever  or (if that is unrealistic) at least further disable it.  While this is occurring, the cleanbots will converge on the colossus' other foot and place all remaining explosives on it before detonating them.  After that, all will retreat to the Swiffer Megamart.

Defend myself against anyone who'd dare to attack me.

Rune Initiative: [4 - 1(DEX)] = 3
US-2497 Initiative: [5] = 5 (This is for robots under his control, not necessarily him)
Sarvex Initiative: [1 + 1(DEX)] = 2
Flamefury Initiative: [1 + 1(DEX)] = 2
TIEBREAKER: (roll; 1-3 Flamefury, 4-6 Sarvex) 5.

The sentinel models begin to open fire on Rune's damaged leg. AIM: [5] = 5
All six start to hammer away at the leg with their blasters. DAMAGE: [5] = 5
The damage is pretty severe, and the leg's heavy armor is pierced somewhat by the barrage of fire. ENDURANCE: [1 + 3(STR)] = 4; CRIT FAIL
Despite his indomitable nature, Rune's foot is simply TOO damaged to perform his intended action. He
He falls to one arm, supporting himself with his unweaponized arm. He points his laser cannon at the sentinels. CHARGE: [4 + 1(Charging)] = 5
Laser is now Stage VI.
The remaining cleaning bots attempt to plant an explosive on his other foot. DODGE: [5 - 1(Disabled Leg) - 1(DEX)] = 3
Rune manages to avoid one or two of the tiny robots, and tries to crush one of them. UNARMED: [4 - 1(DEX)] = 3 VS DODGE: [4] = 4
It manages to dive out of the way as the foot comes down, planting an explosive on the foot. They flee, before detonating the three that they planted. EXPLOSION: [3] = 3
One turns out to have been a dud, while the others explode. ENDURANCE: [5 + 3(STR)] = 8
Rune doesn't notice it too much, but his foot is slightly damaged. -No more time to retreat-

Sarvex flies at Flamefury, trying to shred her it to pieces. UNARMED: [4 + 1(Unarmed) + 1(DEX)] = 6 VS DODGE: [2 + 1(DEX) + 1(Size)] = 4
One of Sarvex's claws manages to hit Flamefury. STRENGTH: [4 + 3(STR)] = 7
Flamefury receives a huge gash in her gut, which, if any deeper, could've cut her in half. She retaliates with a fireball. FIRE: [5 + 2(IQ) + 1(Fire)] = 8
She throws the ball of fire at Sarvex. AIM: [2 + 1(DEX) + 1(Size Difference)] = 4 VS DODGE: [3 + 1(DEX)] = 4
Sarvex manages to avoid the ball of concentrated fire...when it explodes. REFLEX: [3 + 1(DEX) + 1(Reflex)] = 5
You turn away from the blast; your tail's a bit singed, but you'll live. Flamefury ENDURANCE: [5 - 1(STR)] = 4
Flamefury is not yet fatigued from casting.

"In my experience mysterious things are mysterious. YO! WEIRD CLOUD THING! ARE YOU A LIVING THING?"

Start drifting while creating dense cloud

While Fumbles starts yelling at the cloud, Vot'el tries to become denser. CONCENTRATION: [4] = 4
Vot'el's body creates a pretty thick cloud while he drifts closer to the ground. Fumbles notices that the little yellow light moves with the cloud.

Start training in my mind a way to ignore the pain

You try to train your mind to ignore pain. LEARNING: [4] = 4
The pain really hurts, but if you ignore it, the pain hurts a bit less. Interesting.

I introduce myself to the droid.
"I am Erizen, my friend and I rebuilt you and I intend to do the same to other robotic entities, I plan to create a robotic society for all to live in, would you like to join me in this endeavour?"

(roll) The battle droid speaks in a strangely human-like voice, "My general directive in life is to fight, or to protect others from fights...I know not how I could aid you in your directive."

Search the computers for anything else on this "Gate", If I can't find anything else, ask Preator

(roll) Unable to find what you're looking for, you ask Praetor. He informs you that the Gate, which is opened using the Primary Computer that he is currently accessing, is the way to leave the Cube. There are three such Gates, and it is how you leave into the rest of the Aetherworld. They are normally closed.

Well this is bloody pointless... i'm going to find something fun instead
leave the gate and head towards a nearby building for loot

You head towards the closest building, which is a Swiffer megamart. You find a big pile of loot, and some aisles which have not been looted.
The big loot pile contains this (scroll down until you hit the turn, and read about Nunzillor. All the more important stuff).

To the magic shop!
(How much money did I loot from the purse, and is the dog still following me?)

You head to the magic shop with your 250 credits, the dog at your heel. Inside, you find (roll) a row of computers at the front of the room. A window, with a small area open at the front where someone could speak through, is behind the computers. Below each computer is somewhere to insert money and a place that stuff comes from (Think of like an ATM).

Start reading that book I got.

Ever since the discovery of what we call the Aether, there's been much speculation on its existence. Even its name inspires controversy, implying it exists as a heaven. This is where the similarities between the two end, however, as the many Aetherworlds found within the tumultous plane have all been described as swirling, chaotic rocks. Very few survive interacting with them, and only those trained in their exploration can gather anything interesting about them. One thing they all share is their lethality, but other than that they are extremely volatile places. In this book we will be exploring each of the Aetherworlds, how we've reacted to them, and how they're different from our world.

CHAPTER 1: What IS the Aether?
CHAPTER 2: Elysium
CHAPTER 3: Ragnaros
CHAPTER 4: Tiranos
CHAPTER 5: Tartarus
CHAPTER 6: Charybdis
CHAPTER 7: Ogygia
CHAPTER 8: Nalyxis
CHAPTER 9: Afterthought
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:08:04 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:48 am »

Aim My Lasercannon at the robots in charge. Send out electronic waves ordering them to call their robots back, or be destroyed. If they call back the robots, get to my feet, keeping my laser pointed at them at all times. Then take some steps back, towards the power plant. Continue charging. If the robots disobey and attack me or do not move back, vaporize the leaders, then move back towards the power plant.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 10, 2014, 10:18:18 am »

"Nice. I'm Fumbles. You mind if I suck you into a canister and take a small sample of your person? Doesn't really matter."
Have the vacbot suck him up while I design a device for tracking parts of the same object (or person) if I have a piece.

Nunzillor

« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2014, 10:47:49 am »

((How many explosives are left?))

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

:) looks like there is some spare cleaning supplies here  :)
Grab a rifle, 2 clips/20 rounds, cleaning supplies to make an explosive for the door
always trying to stop me... this time screw the door, i'll go through the wall next to it  :)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:21 pm »

((Did I get any penalty from being wounded?))

Cast Immolation, then hug Sarvex.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

"Nothing I didn't already know. Nonetheless, might as well start at Chapter 1, just in case this book has some info I missed during my research."
Read Chapter 1.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 10, 2014, 03:56:17 pm »

((Did I get any penalty from being wounded?))

Cast Immolation, then hug Sarvex.

Just from what I know of dragons in DF, they're pretty damn resistant to fire. You might just make Sarvex happy or energized.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »

Just from what I know of dragons in DF, they're pretty damn resistant to fire. You might just make Sarvex happy or energized.
Nope. I got a hit in, fire does seem to wrok.
Sarvex manages to avoid the ball of concentrated fire...when it explodes. You turn away from the blast; your tail's a bit singed, but you'll live.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 10, 2014, 04:44:36 pm »

So.... not DF dragons.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 10, 2014, 06:01:56 pm »

So.... not DF dragons.

Keep in mind he isn't a dragon. He's part dragon, but not enough to give him fire resistance.

((How many explosives are left?))

3...I think?

Nunzillor

« Reply #461 on: August 10, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

((That's... not a lot))

A siren begins to emanate from Mop, along with some orders.  "RETREAT!"

Regroup back at the Swiffer Megamart.  After waiting a few minutes for stragglers, US-2497 counts its remaining brethren in order to determine the number of martyrs created today.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:21:36 pm by Nunzillor »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2014, 07:42:33 pm »

Attmpt to speak to the froggy thingy
"H,,,e,,,l,,,p,,,, m,,,,e,,,,"
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2014, 07:45:01 pm »

Walk up to the window.
If nobody's there,
Hello? Is anyone there?
If somebody's there,
Hello, I saw from the sign that this is a magic shop. What kind of magic things do you sell?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2014, 09:45:34 pm »

Attmpt to speak to the froggy thingy
"H,,,e,,,l,,,p,,,, m,,,,e,,,,"

CONCENTRATION: [5] = 5

He forms letters in the air, spelling: HELP ME.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51