Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 6: Slow awakening}  (Read 16064 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 5: Back to Moving}
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2014, 10:46:07 pm »

After having spoken to the prisoners at length and having returned to her fellows at the front, Nora goes and follows the car driver's words and goes up to him to do the deed. She also asks one of the 'prisoners' their opinion of the war.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 6: Slow awakening}
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »

Turn 6: Slow awakening

Take that .30 cal off the jeep, and gather the ammo belt. Once the .30 cal is off the jeep bring it back, give it and the ammo to Heinkel.
Take the machine gun from the jeep and set it up hidden on high ground overlooking the clearing the jeep is in. Try to find a way to comfortably fire it without a tripod.
Grab a Colt M1911 Pistol and 2 .45 Magazines.
Cooperate with whatever the plan was, and keep being a sensor array as before.
>Stand around, keeping eyes and ears open for signs of the enemy.
Be ready to follow orders (unless they're from Nora) and/or just follow the more experienced folks onwards.
Nora goes and follows the car driver's words and goes up to him to do the deed. She also asks one of the 'prisoners' their opinion of the war.

Reiner manages to easily but carefully detach the machine gun from its mounted position due to his tools and knowledge and gives it to Heinkel, who is just arriving as he finishes the job. He looks around and sees the only high ground available nearby are mounds of earth and small hills. (2) After some thinking, his mind is still blank as to what could replace the tripod or alleviate its absence. Wolfgang, on his part, takes his share from the weapons relieved from the prisoners, taking a Colt 1911 pistol and re-loading the .45 ACP seven-bullet box magazine into it before taking a spare just in case.

Thomas and Nora follow the driver's orders and head back to the armored car, getting inside only to take the anti-vehicle mines and some wire. The female panzergrenadier takes the moment to ask one of the tied prisoners his opinion on the war. (4) "Shit." Well, she gets an answer to satisfy her eccentric urges before catching up with Thomas as they return to the Jeep, where Reiner awaits.

Commander Hans gets to the conclusion (6) that the enemies are definitely warming up. The sound of large engines moving equally large vehicles, the traces of smoke he can see raising above the canopy... The noise heard from the forest path is indeed from half-tracks, but they don't seem to be going down the gash in the woods.They seem to be just circling around the camp, either carrying or dragging something with them, or just maneuvering out of the way of soldiers and other war machinery. His acute observations are disturbed once again by the radio operator, who this time tells him the crew of the nearby armored car is asking what exactly your Puma's driver is doing out and about and if any of your soldiers aren't going to scout ahead. Schultz is probably half-asleep by now, what of the lack of excitement. It is said war is composed mostly of time spent performing boring activities before a few minutes of bullets flying and probable death.

The sound of engines is even more obvious to those close to the clearing now. It is still rather hard to the soldiers close by to discern whether they are moving close to the path's entrance on their side or if they are heading towards the panzergrenadiers' direction.

(6) Nothing special seems to happen, except for the fact the sound of a - very likely accidentally discharged - rifle's report coming far into the other side of the trees.

Spoils:
- Colt M1911 pistol x2, .45 ACP magazines x1;
- M1 Garand rifle x1, clips x4;
- M1 Carbines x2, 15-round magazines x6.

Spoiler: Vehicle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:48:26 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:52 am »

"So the Allies will notice soon that their scouting party hasn't returned--either a few minutes from now or via radio contact, we only have a short span of time until their intel returns." Nora said amongst the other soldiers. "Given our role as reconnaissance, I believe we've found our enemy. What does Command say?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2014, 04:43:35 am »

"Well, I think we've nearly done our job here, team. Get things done quick, then let's fall back."

Hope we don't get into any trouble before Reiner's done whatever the plan was, then I guess we retreat back when everyone's ready.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:03 pm »

"I can't use this gun without any support. I'm probably better off with my rifle anyway."
Get in a good position with my rifle on the high ground.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2014, 08:37:31 am »

((Where are we exactly?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2014, 10:07:53 am »

Get the hell back to the Puma while the others set up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2014, 10:19:02 am »

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2014, 10:20:28 am »

Get the hell back to the Puma while the others set up.
You really shouldn't ask for something then run away as it is delivered.
I agree, but people want me back in the car apparently so they can place the AT mines, its not like they need me to direct them in how to setup a mine :v
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:07:03 am by adwarf »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2014, 11:10:54 am »

"Well, I think we've nearly done our job here, team. Get things done quick, then let's fall back."

Hope we don't get into any trouble before Reiner's done whatever the plan was, then I guess we retreat back when everyone's ready.
Follow suit while watching everyone's back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2014, 11:17:23 am »

"Since our notice is reconnaissance, how's about someone drive their jeep and move a-ways nearer to the Allied camp, disembark along the rough trail and underbrush and scout from the flank?

"Doesn't that seem doable?"
Nora asked Thomas as she practiced what she was going to say once she returned to the rest.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2014, 12:59:18 pm »

>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2014, 01:33:35 pm »

((I've been waiting on em :P))

Get my mortar ready but scan the area and/or the horizon for any details worth mention in this current day-time.

Direction of that rifle-shot to us, compared to where we bet the Allies are?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

PTW, this looks radical.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]