Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Leaping Puma: Panzergrenadiere Trials {Turn 6: Slow awakening}  (Read 16066 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm perfectly happy with changing my name if the GM would prefer. Or if it'd make me more likely to get in.
Only reason I ended up with the same name was because I posted my sheet before seeing Tiruin's edit. :P
I don't know very much at all about the weaponry on offer, apart from really obvious ones like the MP40 and the Mauser, but I googled the STG 44 and it looked cool so I went with that. Hope that's alright.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Very interested, will post a sheet when I get home from school (in about 2.5 hours).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, this sounds interesting.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Yoink: I'm pretty much fine with the same-name shtick as long as not everyone ends up being a Fuchs. Coincidences do happen, after all. In case all the sheets I choose end up being Fuchs (not that likely), I'll tell you so someone can change their name. It won't hurt anyone's chances of being picked. By the way, Scavenger was supposed to be a non-upgradeable Ability. If you feel it fits the character better I could add another degree of looting to it, such as quickly being able to strip equipment of its damaged parts to grab only the good stuff.

Link added to the equipment section to help with picking gear. I'll also add a couple of Tellermines to the inventory of both Pumas for strategic purposes.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Siegmund Siskel

Description: A rather tall, dark-haired individual with green eyes. Garbed in an older feldbluse and stahlhelm, and newer trousers

Extras: Siegmund a pre-war volunteer of the Wehrmacht, having enlisted in 1938. Fighting first in Poland, then France and Greece afterwards before being assigned to the eastern front for an extended period of time before being transferred to the Italian front. Recently cycled in onto the western front as the unit he was assigned to had taken large losses and was merged into other formations.

Having been participant to most of the Wehrmacht's successful campaigns and a participant in two of it's extended operations, Sigmund has a rather colourful amount of experience with a variety of forces arrayed against the Reich, from the British, to the soviets, to the Americans. He has picked up a rather startling number of phrases in both Russian and English, usually enough to communicate basically with soldiers from the other side (Though the Russian he has picked up consists mostly of curses and swears.)

Abilities: Grenadier III, Freeshooter III
Inventory: StG 44, Pistole 640(b), uniform (Feldbluse, jackboots and steel helmet), 3x M24 Stielhandgranate (grenades), Splitterring (fragmentation sleeve for grenades), Kampfmesser 42 (combat knife), infantry gear.
Veteran: Yes
Luck Point: 1/1

Vote: Rookie
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Alright, I lost my nades and MG44.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Sheet should be fixed now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Name: Heinrich van Oberwald
Description: A Nazi party member who prefers the company of machines to people, and is very skilled at repairing things.
Extras: Fought in the Eastern front in WW2 and got a small medal during his time for calling in an air strike on Russian forces attacking his own position and stopping a Soviet attack.
Abilities: Mechanic III
Minesweeper I
Inventory: Walther P38 Pistol, uniform plus ear muffs, wrench, screwdriver, random bits of wire, photograph of wife and young daughter.
Veteran: Yes
Vote: Veteran
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:23:23 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Name: Heinkel Kaufmann
Description: A wrinkled old man, with grey hair and a gray moustache. He was strong and tall in his youth, but age has given him a hunched back and poor eyesight. He wears thick glasses And carries a worn picture of his family in his pocket.
Extras: He has always been a farmer, growing potatoes and taking care of his family. His son died in ww1, his sons wife died in childbirth, then his wife died of malnutrition during the depression, his two grandsons died at normandy, and his farm was burned down by russian invaders. Now with nothing left to live for he joined the army hoping to take a bullet that would otherwise be headed for a younger man with his whole life ahead.
Abilities:
Grenadier I
Freeshooter III
Scavenger I
Medic I
Inventory: Kar98, C96, uniform (Feldbluse, jackboots and steel helmet), 3x M24 Stielhandgranate (grenades), Splitterring (fragmentation sleeve for grenades), Kampfmesser 42 (combat knife), infantry gear, glasses.
Veteran: yes
Luck point: 1/1
Vote: Veteran
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:18:50 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Like Yoink, I can change my char's name if necesarry.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll probably begin going through the applications tomorrow depending on how many applications are around and how things go in my workplace. Before any decisions (aside from Tiruin's already-secured spot), I'll wait for a forumite I know to submit their application since they had already displayed interest when I mentioned the idea beforehand.

As far as good news go, I remembered German optics at the time were considered rather efficient. Good for the gunner.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:27:56 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After checking most applications, here's what I think: A few people who chose veteran characters could detail their past or application a little more. In case you want to omit their past to reveal it during the game that's fine, but I believe there are may be other ways to convey their veterancy, such as trinkets and small details. A couple of applications seem fairly good despite their succinctness. The amount of Support Veterans was within expectations, what with having the most spots and having the most options of all as far as abilities went.

On the role of the radio operator/secondary driver: they were apparently also the main weapon's loader in case of combat. That may be inconsequential since the only person who displayed interest in that spot was Persus13, but his character seems to be Waffen SS material and I'd rather avoid the implications of that.

Anyone has any questions, by the way?
>Yes?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

After checking most applications, here's what I think: A few people who chose veteran characters could detail their past or application a little more. In case you want to omit their past to reveal it during the game that's fine, but I believe there are may be other ways to convey their veterancy, such as trinkets and small details. A couple of applications seem fairly good despite their succinctness. The amount of Support Veterans was within expectations, what with having the most spots and having the most options of all as far as abilities went.

On the role of the radio operator/secondary driver: they were apparently also the main weapon's loader in case of combat. That may be inconsequential since the only person who displayed interest in that spot was Persus13, but his character seems to be Waffen SS material and I'd rather avoid the implications of that.

If you want me to tone down the character, let me know. I was a little nervous about submitting a diehard Nazi, since I don't like them but would like to see them portrayed accurately.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I changed my redundant second level of Scavenger for Freeshooter.
Persus's character sounds like a fun guy! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

blazing glory

Right then I'll put some modifications onto my sheet.

Name: Karl Dietrich.

Description:Somewhat tall,aged around 40-ish,has a very tired look about him,probably from surviving as long as he has in the war,his hair seems to be going gray early,is a pessimist.

Extras: Has been fighting for 2 years,mostly survived as long as he did from pure luck before getting enough combat experience,had a wife that died of illness,you ain't his friend until you've followed him into the Jaws of death and came back out,has been shot 4 times,he doesn't really tell you much about himself.

Abilities:Daredevil II,Mechanic II.

Inventory: C96 Mauser,Pocket knife,locket with a picture of a women in it.

Veteran: Yes.

Vote: Rookie.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:24:23 am by blazing glory »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9