Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Black Waters IC Thread - A tiny town called Graston  (Read 3494 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Black Waters IC Thread - A tiny town called Graston
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:49:32 pm »

OOC Thread

You all find yourself in Graston, a small port town consisting of several dozen shacks, a saloon called the Wishbone, and an old army shipyard that's been somewhat restored since the town was founded. You would've been long gone from this place if you had your way, but the boatman you hired as a guide turned and ran when it sounded like the going was gonna get tough with croaker raids, and tolls being in abundance in this area. You've been here for a day now, at first you thought the people were outright hostile to outsiders but after a day in the saloon you've learned its stress and fear that makes them this way, the region has been plagued with seemingly endless croaker raids recently and even here the people can't feel any safety.

Your group is currently sitting in a booth at the back of the Wishbone saloon, the drapes are open and you sit with two bottles of whisky and shot glasses enough for everyone set on the table listening to the bustle of the town, and thinking on your next move. In your short time here you've found the town has a few places on interest with the most immediately important ones being the general store called Francis' General Goods, the 'Three Cogs' shipyard, and the town hall called Hullden Hall after the Mayor and protector of the town. Of course its less him, and more the towers equipped with tank cannons, and heavy machine guns that protect the town however they got that gear you doubt you'd want to ask. The answer probably wouldn't be a good one ...

So far your search for a guide has failed, you've asked around the saloon a little but mainly kept your inquiries to the docks where a few visiting traders, fisherman, and miners have set up to stay in the relative safety of the town for a time. One thing is or sure, its about time you found a guide if you want to get to anywhere of import ...

Welcome to the IC thread of the Deadlands: HoE campaign Black Waters, if you are not a player please keep any posts in this thread to at most posts to watch and any comments or interest should be expressed in the OOC thread. To players I also ask that you keep OOC chatter to a minimum in this thread, and take it to the OOC thread instead to make it easier to read through and handle without having to sort through a bunch of irrelevant stuff (to the story at least). Also remember to check the list below to see who the players are.

Active Players:
Lucas "Longshot Luke" Blaine, IcyTea31
Kagus Ducklin, GUNINANRUNIN
Ezekiel 'Dead Eye Zeke' Goodman, Remalle
Julien Colvis Toussaint, GlyphGryph
Klasha, GiglameshDespair
Alexander Rovias, Wrex

((Those of you who have submitted sheets, and are not on this list there are likely a few things I want to go over with you first before putting you in.))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:12:27 pm by adwarf »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Waters IC Thread - A tiny town called Graston
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:56 am »

So... err... do we start, then? (Might be worth cross-linking the thread OPs and character sheets)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »

Julien leans back in the corner of the booth, one knee pulled up, splitting his cards and shuffling them before turning them over on the table, humming a bit, and clearing them off to do it again. Behind his dark sunglasses, his eyes are actually casting around the saloon, watching for opportunities and getting a read on the people nearby... and his companions.

His dark skin, swollen and rubbery from an unknown cause, makes it clear that the wastes have claimed him as their own, despite him not being a native of the region. The Rosary hanging around his neck, the pouches and rattle he wears at his side, and even the way he moves make it clear that he's no gunslinger or tradesman.

He stops for a moment to cough into a rag, catching flecks of blood in the rough and dirty cloth, before tucking it back into his belt.

"So, what's the plan, mes vieux? The atmosphere here is certainly right, if you catch my drift. If nothing else, I should probably give a look-see if anyone in town could use any fixin'."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:33:10 pm by GlyphGryph »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

The syker Klasha is slumped forward onto the table, feeling her eternal headache throb. The whiskey didn't help much, but it didn't hurt, either.

Damned if I know. Keep looking for a guide, I guess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »

"A guide? We found a guide. He led us here. And now he's gone. There is no other guide. And if there were, where would he take us? Perhaps Fate has brought us here to Graston for a reason. Perhaps Fate will guide us, once we've finished with what we've yet to find. I sense Legba's work here, caneton. I'll light a candle for him, but I don't think we're going anywhere just yet. Unless you've got some peanuts!" Julien chuckles to himself at this.

Julien slides his cards into their pack, and into his pocket.

"I'll drink with you lot a bit longer, but Loco's callin', and I'll see to him afore we leave. But I think, for now, we should stay, and see if I'm not the only one that can provide some succor to a people clearly in need."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:32:29 pm by GlyphGryph »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 04:53:44 pm »

Kagus is feeling quite sleepy after all those drinks he had. He pours himself another whiskey.

He remarks a bit too loudly. I'll have yeh knew ahm the finest seaman yeh'll fine aroun' this shitehole! He drinks. Gah! And thes is whiskey?! More like pisswater! He pushes the glass away from himself and swishes the swill around in his mouth. We're never gettin' outta here.. Pbbt.. He sputters and lets the whiskey run down his chin.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:55:26 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 08:11:21 pm »

ptw
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:34 pm »

A man walks into the bar, along with a scraggly gang of assorted thugs. He's tall and thin,to the point of being odd to the eye.  His garb is the same  as many wastelanders- a patchwork of whatever they could find, with the exception of a black tabard, with a white Maltese cross in the enter, proudly worn over it. His face is concealed by a standard infantry helmet, but it's in excellent condition. Meanwhile, his men file out behind him, some headed to the bar, others to the pool tables.

He makes his way over to the bartender, and lays down a small quantity of valuables

"I need information" crackles out through the visor. "And I am willing to pay for it"

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

The bartender is a comely woman with long blonde hair,a fair complexion, and a slender build though you do notice the grip of a shotgun pocking up over her shoulder that has a worn down look to it as if from overuse. The woman gives you, and our gang a quick look over before replying with a rather soothing voice,

"And I'm willing to give it to you, if I know it and you got enough to pay me for it that is, but I'm going to go ahead and tell you that you better make sure there's no trouble here 'cause Hulldun's like a crate of dynamite with a five second fuse. Names Alison Marsk, I own this rather mediocre establishment, what can I do for you?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:25 pm »

Ezekiel "Dead Eye Zeke" Goodman slouches in the corner, Stetson hat pulled low over his face, his oversized rifle leaning on the wall just beside him.  He silently leans forward and pours himself a shot of whiskey, seemingly uninterested in the discussion his allies are having around him and the arrival of the new gang.  The flint-eyed man is a walking anachronism, a relic of the late 19th century cast forward in time by powers that, until recently, he firmly believed did not exist.  Searching for answers and a way back to his own time, the mercenary sniper found himself joining the group on the way to the Maze.  He looks up at Kagus Ducklin's outburst and finally speaks, a low growling edge to his voice.
"Can it, sailor," he says, an unidentifiable Southern twang just barely detectable in his speech.  "Don't like your tone.  Rest of the saloon won't neither, you yellin' like that."

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 09:27:40 pm »

"You won't need to worry about that, Ma'am. We're not here to cause problems. Actually, we're looking to solve them. You're town looks well defended enough, but I need information on towns that could use some help. We are no saints, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better group of sinners anywhere " he remarks warmly. The effect is somewhat blunted by the growling, digitized tones caused by the helmet.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:43 pm »

Julien looks at his companions, considering briefly which of them to ask questions of, whether they know anything about this man with the tabard, and then sighs.

"... Klysha, since everyone else here... Do you have any idea who this man is? What group does a tabard with that cross represent?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:07:36 pm by GlyphGryph »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:47 pm »

"He's a templar, isn't he? They don't normally show themselves off like that. Like dressing up like a mutie or summin' and if you treat them mean you get left to die."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49:36 pm »

"I'll admit, I haven't heard much about the Templars. Mathieu, keep your hands away from that shot glass, I swear. He sounds like a right gason kanson, even if he's not exactly the best lookin' fellow, but I'm one to speak there!"

Julien coughs a bit.

"Hey there, kanson!" he says, loud enough to be heard, and waving at the leader of the posse. "What's your name? I'm kindly inclined to those looking for places to help myself, and I might be able to give you some information, when you're done with the barkeep, though I can't promise it will be as useful as hers."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 11:10:22 pm »

"Templar, huh?  One o' them crusader knights?" Zeke inquires with some interest, still lacking knowledge of the modern world around him.  "Don't look like much've a crusader knight to me."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4