Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vigilantes (IC Thread)  (Read 4336 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Vigilantes (IC Thread)
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:29 am »

Los Angeles, 2012. Zeta and Juárez Cartel activities in the city have reached a peak in the last few years. If these two giants weren't enough to deal with, separate mafias are forming within the wealthier parts of town. Not to forget the ancient battle between the Crips and the Bloods. The Italian Mafia, the Mexican Mafia, The Crips, the Bloods, Los Zetas, and the Juárez Cartel all fight over control of the drug business in this small area. You are a citizen with no family and no name. Tired of the violence and suffering that you've seen, you decide to take a stand against it.

The game will simulate gang wars city-wide, with different groups holding territories. Each group's power will be determined by the amount of territories that they hold. Each group will have a different set of goals, different skills and weaponry, and will treat the populous differently. The goal, most of the time, would be to put the police in control of the area. From the start of the game, however, the police will hold no real control over the city. Your best option is to fight crime whenever possible in whatever way you see fit.

I will determine when things happen, and the story will generally revolve around the players. Districts will be fought over when I see fit, and players will walk in on operations when I see fit. A district's stability is determined by the amount of success that criminal operations have in the area, so the more operations you disrupt, the higher the stability for the district. Once a district hits +3 stability, the police take over and the criminals are forced out of the district unless they attempt to take it again.

Spoiler: Syndicates (click to show/hide)

Code: (Application) [Select]
Name:
Employment:
Grudge against a specific group?:
Starting Location:
Skills: (10 points to spend, each point gives an extra 1/3 chance to get a +1)
 -Pistols:
 -Rifles:
 -Melee:
 -Athletics
 -Technology:
 -Charisma:
 -Driving:
 -Stealth/Security:

Players:
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PewdsRocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scotsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: swordsmith04 (click to show/hide)

Reserve Players:
Yoink
Varee
kj1225

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:23:58 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Vigilantes (IC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:50 am »

Los Angeles News: January 1st, 2014

Daughter of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Natalia Villaraigosa kidnapped
Altadena left in shock after gang related firefight leaves twelve dead
Gang-related shooting in Downey ends in the death of three 'Crip' gang members and two police officers
Burglaries in La Verne at an all-time high
Corpse of 21 year-old Bruno Dames found in Glendora Cemetery
Gang-related shootout in Santa Monica leaves two wounded

Alright guys, you're all just sitting in your houses right now. Feel free to post your first turns.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:53:34 am by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:21 am »

Find out who the families of the 12 dead are and the size of each family if possible as well as address.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:38 am »

Look up the burglaries in La Verne. Search for a suspect, and a pattern for the targets.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:28:05 am »

Quote from: News
Gang-related shooting in Downey ends in the death of three 'Crip' gang members and two police officers

This was not what Robert had expected when he turned on the news that morning. Shouldn't he have heard about this before the local news station?
Attempt to call my brother and find out what's going on.
While the phone is ringing, try to find more info on the Downey deaths on the news.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:02:33 pm by swordsmith04 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:24 am »

Investigate the shooting in Downey.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 12:26:49 pm »

Investigate the father's history. Does he have any shady dealings? Any news articles about corrupt staffers, etc? Check out conspiracy theory websites too. There might be a diamond in the rough.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »

Look into the Downey shooting. It's closest to my current location.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

Learn more about the shootout in Santa Monica.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

Leave my door open with the lights off and wait for somebody to try to rob my house.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:23 pm »

Find out who the families of the 12 dead are and the size of each family if possible as well as address.
[5] You read the newspaper further and find the names of the deceased. Most are still unidentified, but one of them is listed as 'A.J Barker'. You actually know a Brandon Barker; just a few blocks away.

Look up the burglaries in La Verne. Search for a suspect, and a pattern for the targets.
You go around each of the crime scenes, thinking of any specific pattern for the robberies or any possible suspects. You realize that the houses burgled are only those that are assumed not to be owned by anyone related to either the Crips or the Bloods, and that the owners of the houses are predominantly white. As you are walking to one of the crime scenes, you hear a crash in the backyard of a house, the sound of glass breaking.

Quote from: News

This was not what Robert had expected when he turned on the news that morning. Shouldn't he have heard about this before the local news station?
Attempt to call my brother and find out what's going on.
While the phone is ringing, try to find more info on the Downey deaths on the news.

You call your brother immediately after hearing of the shooting, and continue to watch the news. Allegedly a firefight had broken out because of an arranged meeting between the Crips and the Bloods. Police assume that the meeting was a prisoner transfer. Evidently the deal had gone awry, and the Crips were surrounded by their enemies. Before the two Crips could even draw their weapons, they were lit up by Bloods from front, behind, and across the street. The Crip prisoner was also executed in the middle of the street. A nearby police patrol car arrived at the scene as the Bloods were pulling away, and officers James Leafie and Ryan Steinman were gunned down inside their patrol car. By the time the report ends, you've called your brother three times without a response.

Investigate the shooting in Downey.
You watch the news report on the Downey shooting. Allegedly a firefight had broken out because of an arranged meeting between the Crips and the Bloods. Police assume that the meeting was a prisoner transfer. Evidently the deal had gone awry, and the Crips were surrounded by their enemies. Before the two Crips could even draw their weapons, they were lit up by Bloods from front, behind, and across the street. The Crip prisoner was also executed in the middle of the street. A nearby police patrol car arrived at the scene as the Bloods were pulling away, and officers James Leafie and Ryan Steinman were gunned down inside their patrol car.

Investigate the father's history. Does he have any shady dealings? Any news articles about corrupt staffers, etc? Check out conspiracy theory websites too. There might be a diamond in the rough.
You use the computers at a nearby library to investigate the mayor's history. Apparently he was involved in a scandal when it was found out that his daughter had gotten involved with the Italian Mafia. He was nearly replaced as mayor, and he more or less kept his daughter shut out until the kidnapping.

Look into the Downey shooting. It's closest to my current location.
You watch the news report on the Downey shooting. Allegedly a firefight had broken out because of an arranged meeting between the Crips and the Bloods. Police assume that the meeting was a prisoner transfer. Evidently the deal had gone awry, and the Crips were surrounded by their enemies. Before the two Crips could even draw their weapons, they were lit up by Bloods from front, behind, and across the street. The Crip prisoner was also executed in the middle of the street. A nearby police patrol car arrived at the scene as the Bloods were pulling away, and officers James Leafie and Ryan Steinman were gunned down inside their patrol car. By the time the report ends, you've called your brother three times without a response.

Learn more about the shootout in Santa Monica.
According to the news report, two men with relations to Los Zetas were standing outside of a warehouse when either one or two unidentified assailants approached them, drew a weapon, and fired one shot into each of their chests. The assailants fled the scene soon after, and nearby citizens called emergency services soon after.

Leave my door open with the lights off and wait for somebody to try to rob my house.
[3] You wait for hours in the dark in your kitchen, baseball bat at the ready, but nothing comes. After hours of waiting, you hear the sound of shouting next door, followed by a gunshot!

Spoiler: Syndicates (click to show/hide)

Code: (Application) [Select]
Name:
Employment:
Grudge against a specific group?:
Starting Location:
Skills: (10 points to spend, each point gives an extra 1/3 chance to get a +1)
 -Pistols:
 -Rifles:
 -Melee:
 -Athletics
 -Technology:
 -Charisma:
 -Driving:
 -Stealth/Security:

Players:
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My Name is Immaterial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PewdsRocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scotsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: swordsmith04 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:33:15 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »

Go to the bank to take out a loan for several thousand at least.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:08:54 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:58 pm »

Go investigate. If it's a gang member, stab him in the back.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »

Go up and swing my baseball bat at the closest person
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

Glance around, looking for security cameras. If none, try to access Natalia's email. Use social media websites to help guess the password.
Either way, use said social media to determine who she was spending New Year's with.
Pages: [1] 2 3