Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88112 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:39 am »

Who wants to be my dance partner??

Reverie, what's your favorite color??

Wolf, who are your friends??

Jiokuy, are you going to eat me??

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 11:50:47 am »

Pick meee! I want to dance with you, Toony! ♥

So!
Nightless (day action woohoo [send_first_to_NQT_Protocol])
Masks and Colors.
Revamped list of powers.

Mm~ masks.

Reverie: So first thing's first.
Long time no see! Also hugs
How's your outlook for Mafia going in the current days? :o Anything changed from before?
Also why Reverie? I like Flandre! :P Also I didn't know it was Touhou referenced.
Not that I even know what Touhou is, other than something something awesome battle girls and awesome music and all...

TolyK: Hi. You. \o/
I'll ask you one thing. Also hugs.
What's your stance on lurking, activity-per-person in this game, and its association with allignment?

4maskWolf: Heyo there :D
Only one thing on my mind about you Also also hugs
What is your personal opinion regarding your own playstyle in Mafia? Do you think, based on previous events, that self-deprecation in any form is helpful to the self?

Toaster: Hello kuya! ^ ^
Hmm...Also hugs!
Nightless game. Color-tags. Any opinion on the color-scheme mechanic or is it just me that (may have probably :x) has the idea that the addition of color-bound-to-person/mask details have deeper connotations?

NQT: I'm glad to see someone else pronouncing Doge in its rightful way :D
I wonder how Italy/Venice is faring...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 12:04:18 pm »

The Doge himself stands at the head of the hall.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Swine, welcome to my humble abode," he begins in the bright light of ten thousand candles in the fifty crystal chandeliers. "Dance like you mean it, and should anyone be a less than courteous dancer, then we will unmask them!"

Spoiler: Important flavor note (click to show/hide)

Tiruin:
Toaster: Hello kuya! ^ ^
Hmm...Also hugs!
Nightless game. Color-tags. Any opinion on the color-scheme mechanic or is it just me that (may have probably :x) has the idea that the addition of color-bound-to-person/mask details have deeper connotations?

Hmm... oh, hello!

I've always wanted to play/host a nightless game here to see how it played out.  The mask mechanic IMO favors scum for several reasons.  One, they know three masks off the bat.  Two, they can kill indiscriminately and not worry, while it's hard for town to target scummy people with negative actions (or positive actions at good.)  Three, bussing is going to be chaotic here, since people don't know if they've been bussed.

And by deeper connotations, do you mean you expect anyone with a red mask to be scum, or it somehow tied to their powers?  I'd say no, on the grounds that you can most likely thank random.org for your mask color.

What do you expect the nightless mechanic to do here?

Scripten:  I haven't seen you play.  Do you prefer to find scum through clever role usage or insightful arguments?

4mask:  Do you prefer town or scum?  What lessons from Jack's BYOR will you apply here?

Flabort:  Do you think there will be many hammers?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

Well, this is it. May the odds be ever in your favour. Honestly though, who goes to dances without a date, anyway? >.>

Deathsword: Can you dance?

Silthuri: Do you think that vigilantes will be a danger to town with the mask system in play?

Flabort: What do you think of charitable roles, such as Santa or Gift?

Scripten: Do you think you'd have more fun as town or scum in this game?

Tiruin:
Reverie: So first thing's first.
Long time no see! Also hugs
How's your outlook for Mafia going in the current days? :o Anything changed from before?
Also why Reverie? I like Flandre! :P Also I didn't know it was Touhou referenced.
Not that I even know what Touhou is, other than something something awesome battle girls and awesome music and all...
Mafia = stress, like always. I don't bend very well under stress, so I guess it's a bit of fortitude training for me :p
As for my name, I changed it because I got tired of being a Touhou reference, basically.

What is your opinion on nightless play?

Toonyman:
Pastel red, not quite pink. How about yours?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 12:21:48 pm »

As for my name, I changed it because I got tired of being a Touhou reference, basically.

You could have changed it to Flanders to be an entirely different reference for a change.  Or Flandres to mix it up!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:33 pm »

Scripten:  I haven't seen you play.  Do you prefer to find scum through clever role usage or insightful arguments?

Considering almost every game I've played has been a fairly simple setup, definitely through insightful arguments. I've used roles to my advantage before, but only to complement my vanilla scumhunting.

Scripten: Do you think you'd have more fun as town or scum in this game?

Playing scum certainly seems to be more interesting on the outset, due to the masks and subsequent confusion/chaos. To be honest, I think that more powers lean toward town play, so playing a townie is liable to be more fun. I was a little conservative with my first choices, but as the game goes on, I might experiment with more interesting ones.

Deathsword: You're the only player here with whom I've actually played a game so far. I've never played a masquerade game before. Do you think that it is important for everyone to know what mask goes with what player in these games?

Anyone (Or everyone): In a setup with defined roles, rolefishing is a fairly scum-sided action. Does this style of game change that dynamic?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:15 pm »

Toonyman:
Pastel red, not quite pink. How about yours?
Funny! Mine too!

Anyone (Or everyone): In a setup with defined roles, rolefishing is a fairly scum-sided action. Does this style of game change that dynamic?
Probably not, no.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 12:39:34 pm »

Scripten:  Fair enough.  Good to see a newer player who likes the day game.

My first thought was yes, rolefishing is always scummy.  But on second thought, I'm not so sure.  Let's say I have some useful information to claim.  I can claim it without fear of being targeted for saying such!  Scum won't be able to say "Oh, Toaster claimed an informational role!  Let's shoot him!" because they can't directly target me without doing some peeking around first.

That said, informational roles are limited because they give you information about a mask, not a player.  So what useful is there to claim?  That we'll just have to see.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »

PFP, questions when I get home

Deathsword: You're the only player here with whom I've actually played a game so far. I've never played a masquerade game before. Do you think that it is important for everyone to know what mask goes with what player in these games?

This is my first game with this masque mechanic (I think it's the first time in the forum, someone correct me on this if needed). But yeah, finding who's behind each mask will probably be important for both town and scum.

As for the rolefishing, I think Toaster got it right. It'll certainly be unusual.

Deathsword: Can you dance?
Yup
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:27 pm »

Alrighty, let's do this!

Tiruin: No hugs for me?!

Varee: In the BYOR you faked cluelessness to prove you were town. Do you think this will make any new genuine mistakes you make look scummy?

More real questions will come as I think them up. I don't usually ask the questions in RVS... but after the BYOR, I'm changing my tactics a bit.

Reverie:
Silthuri: Do you think that vigilantes will be a danger to town with the mask system in play?
Unless I've got it wrong, I think they will. Since actions are based on mask color rather than the actual people, it'd be hard to target the people you think are scummy if you don't know their mask color. In any case, they'd be more dangerous to town than normal.

Scripten:
I honestly don't know.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:54 pm »

Flabort:  Do you think there will be many hammers?
Possibly. I'd rather avoid them, as they stifle conversation, but this being a nightless game where a hammer resets power usages, they may come into play far more than usual.

Flabort: What do you think of charitable roles, such as Santa or Gift?
I think that they can be powerful if used right. If the scum has Santa, for example, it would spell horror for the town. I can't imagine town players would pick Santa or Gift though, because the odds of giving scum an ability are too high.

Hard to say. Certain powers are, of course, more scum-sided than others, so I'd say that deciding which of those powers are more scummy and hunting specifically for those powers may help you narrow down the list of scum, but is by no means completely accurate. So I'd say that rolehunting is far less scum-sided than usual, though it is not town sided.

Silthuri Does your masque color match your description of your masque? I think the GM typo'd in mine.

ToonyMan Can you wait for the mask list to be posted? Are you impatient to find out which colors there are?

TolyK Why are other players already being asked multiple questions when only Tiruin has asked you one? Do you think being asked questions has an effect on your play? Do you think asking questions has an affect on other people's play?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:52 pm »

Doesn't change that dynamic much, except possibly after around the third day (where we already have enough evidence on one mask and would like to find out who to lynch for what that mask did).

TolyK Why are other players already being asked multiple questions when only Tiruin has asked you one? Do you think being asked questions has an effect on your play? Do you think asking questions has an affect on other people's play?
1) Probably because people are using a (pseudo-)random system, and I got the short end of the stick in this respect. :P
2) Yes, it obviously does. I like answering questions and having conversations with people, but I tend to get bogged down with a lot of questions addressed to me later in the game.
3) Obviously, otherwise people wouldn't ask questions in the first place. Or do you mean the action/role side of the game?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 11:29:24 pm »

The dudus in me didn't post this yesterday.
TolyK: Hi. You. \o/
I'll ask you one thing. Also hugs.
What's your stance on lurking, activity-per-person in this game, and its association with allignment?
I see my reputation precedes me.
Eh.
Lurking is not limited to trolls.
*ahem*
Lurking is not limited to anti-town factions, unless done deliberately.

Toony, haven't seen your play in a while, at least I don't recall. How would you describe your style?

That's the only question I'll ask for now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 01:33:51 am »

So a few thing about myself first, i kinda have a totally opposite time zone compare to US so i might be posting at weird time. Also it mean my action will happen at weird time which might be a give away ......

Varee: In the BYOR you faked cluelessness to prove you were town. Do you think this will make any new genuine mistakes you make look scummy?

I cannot answer that question as it is my intention to do that. It is the others who decided to interpret my actions as scummy or not.

Scripten:
I did not that and still do not think that role fishing is scummy, i see it as one way to find out more information and conflict with in a person as it is one thing that you can either avoid answer or lying. I feel like it is a legit type of question.

Now for some questions.

Wolf : Last time i randomly vote in D1 and you said it is scummy, So between randomly vote and abstaining which one do you think is a better play?

Everyone in general : In the three primary tone (RGB), by gut feeling which one do you feel is the most scummy?
For me I would say red as typical video game use red as the color for enemy.

Also in a masquerade do you vote mask color or vote name?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 01:51:31 am »

Varee:
Also in a masquerade do you vote mask color or vote name?
Only our abilities target masks; for votes we use names.

Everyone in general : In the three primary tone (RGB), by gut feeling which one do you feel is the most scummy?
For me I would say red as typical video game use red as the color for enemy.
Do you intend to colour profile and give it weight in your decisions?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 64