Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88054 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #375 on: July 31, 2014, 09:57:18 am »

*Tiruin waves her arms around.

GMT +8 here. Also, Forum Mafia--your posts stay at times where anyone can read and get back to em.

I almost cited you as someone in a non-US time zone who hunts just fine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 31, 2014, 09:59:11 am »

*Tiruin waves her arms around.

GMT +8 here. Also, Forum Mafia--your posts stay at times where anyone can read and get back to em.

I almost cited you as someone in a non-US time zone who hunts just fine.
Except now its Rainy Season (TM) here ever since...June-ish. So yeah, spotty net all around for the past months. T_T
Raaaain.
Stoooorm.
Cold fronts x_x
And always on a time when I'm free ._.
Waterproofed laptop ftw

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 31, 2014, 10:23:07 am »

This could be controversial, but there might be a way we can get that lynch on Varee. It's a bit dirty, but it would both give a valuable flip and confirm 4maskwolf's graverob (should he be the one to get at it first).

NQT: Can a graverobber queue a player pending resurrection? To be specific, can the power be stolen before it fires?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 31, 2014, 10:32:51 am »

Reverie
NQT: Can a graverobber queue a player pending resurrection? To be specific, can the power be stolen before it fires?
That'd be neat and clever, but no, actions can only be queued to fire at the beginning of a day, and resurrecting happens between days.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:25 am »

There a differwnt between not wanting to cause a tie when there 1 hour left and bandwagoning

There also different between analysing post and asking question.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:31 am »

Everyone: Reads please.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:10 pm »

My reads aren't much different from the last time I posted them. However, Varee, you're saying to give you credit for a playstyle that, right now, you can't even play toward. You used your action for today already and you ended up with a skillset that is almost entirely focused on the day game that you're trying to weasel out of. I'm finding it more and more telling that you keep asking for us to excuse you, be it for incidental things like timezone or just a subjective playstyle.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 31, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »

Same with mine, except that Varee seems to try to be plating the newbie card again after figuring out the changeling thing.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 31, 2014, 01:41:39 pm »

Bearded Devil (Easy Summon) CR 5 (Lesser)
Barbed Devil (Moderate Summon)
Earth Elemental (Very Easy Summon)
Angels (Ok summons)
Uhhh, Ignore the first 4 lines there. I was using that notepad doc for Pathfinder stuff, and apparently forgot to clear it all the way.
Haha

Toonyman: Are you especially irritable this game? You seem pretty abrasive and even taunting in some of your posts.
I don't know, that's how I usually attack people. It's also fun goading people without votes since they can't lynch you.

Sure.

Scum

Varee - I disregarded Varee after focusing back on 4maskwolf, but with that over I wouldn't minding at least chipping off a health from the scum team. Sure he didn't put nonvoter, but as Jiokuy said, lover is serious poo poo
Silthuri - I'm thinking a possible partner with Varee, this stuff here is just ridiculous
Flabort - mainly their crazy suggestions, but they also tried pushing a lynch on Deathsword since they weren't here, a lazy lynch
TolyK - I agree that their "I was just testing you!!" thing on 4maskwolf is pretty weird and scummy

Middle Ground

Toaster - decent enough posts (was still defending 4maskwolf I might add) usually, started sidelining after I started a case on 4maskwolf, could be buddying Wolf as scum (meaning Wolf is town and he's just playing off of him)
Wolf - maybe probably town, I'm pretty certain my case on him was mainly settled, plus they role-claimed their "town" and "scum" builds. Could still see as scum, but I've exhausted anything to go at
Tiruin - seems okay besides their blatant defending of Varee
Reverie - not active enough
Persus13 - fresh off the train, nothing to read

Town

Jiokuy - I see active scum-hunting and cases I can agree with
Scripten - my most confident choice for town, could be scum, but I wouldn't lynch him unless there was something really incriminating or we were in late-game with everything pointing towards Scripten

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 31, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »

Varee: I guess I'm asking, with such an inability to target, why would you center your build around disabling a player. As town you have an 8/11 chance of denying town a power role. As scum you are guaranteed to hit town. I can understand how you might be willing to take that risk, but scum benefit from your build far more than you do.

Tiruin: What is stopping him from buying the kill after he uses changeling? But you are correct, he could not have bought a hidden kill yet. (He can't use it till D2 anyways though)

Did you take in the fact that Varee [CLAIMED TO BE THE ONE WHO TARGETED SCRIPTEN, WHICH IS A PRIMARY PIECE OF EVIDENCE IN ALL THIS COMPLICATED MESS?]

What did Varee claiming to hit Scripten mean to you?
Varee has proven skillful at underplaying his knowledge in previous games. At this moment it is my only defining meta-read on him. His actions have likely (assuming this isn't one big farce) harmed town significantly. It matches my perception of his playstyle for him to plan this out this way, as a personal test of skill or to solidify a later claim?

I'm currently assuming he was afraid Scripten would claim, and a Power Cop would implicate him. His claim seemed hasty, but he claimed revive almost immediately. And it has proven a very effective lynch deterrent. If we don't have a vigilante, this is going to be a difficult. I'm not particularly fond of wasting 2 lynches on one scum though :I, especially if he hasn't spent the points yet, and decides to buy another revive.

NQT: Kills have a 24 hour buffer, if a day is hammered in under 24 hours are they prevented?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 31, 2014, 02:23:33 pm »

Toaster: Don't think I've forgotten your bullshit chainsaw on my behalf.

unvote, because why not.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 31, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »

Reverie, Scripten, TolyK Persus has the excuse of not having read the thread yet, but you three should be voting, or trying to vote. Where are your votes? Do all three of you also have non-voter?

Sure, I'll do two lists.
Least scum at top, most scum at bottom.

Toaster It's hard to find anything wrong with him. Is this the famous unreadability others keep citing?

Tiruin Nothing outstanding comes to mind.

4maskwolf Lacking town's weapon, but see his plan.

Jiokuy I'm interested in this hammer in <24 hours idea. If everyone votes no-lynch as fast as possible and prevents the kill, it could prove worthwhile to information roles.

Persus Let's give him time to read.

Silthuri Seems to not be entirely focused this game.

Reverie Who? I don't recall seeing this person very often in this game.

Scripten I could still see his claim of what he got changeling'd with as an elaborate fake claim. However, Varee's claim gives his some weight.

Toonyman Taunting, rude. Brevity.

Varee What he did with changeling, shutting down another player entirely, does not get him any browny points.

TolyK "Hey, what if you get lynched day 1?" "what your reaction would be" post #265.... basically, I don't understand him or his motives at all.

Most town at top, least town at bottom.

4maskwolf claim and plan makes sense. I didn't need it to be full claimed, but full claiming seems to have put everyone else at ease.

Scripten The great victim. ALMOST a confirmed Towny, but not actually confirmed.

Toonyman Despite his bad traits, he's doing quite a bit of scum hunting, and has a way with few words.

Varee Claimed having done the changeling on Scripten, so either really stupid scum or just jerk town.

Jiokuy Jiokuy's posts seem distant from eachother, but I'm not one to talk. He manages to fit large amounts of content into each post.

Tiruin Seems to be neglecting and misinterpreting certain elements of the game, iirc. Such as how blatant works.

Silthuri Nothing comes to the forefront right now.

Toaster Lacking town's weapon, but decent enough posts.

Persus Let's give him time to read.

Reverie Pretty absent. I don't even remember his/her main case, if he/she had one.

TolyK Where is the sense? Where is the decent posting? Where is the vote, the scum hunting, the towny-ness?

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 31, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »

Wait, you're trying to lynch me because you don't understand my methods/me? It's like xenophobia, I guess...

I am not currently voting, no. I do not currently suspect anyone enough to lynch them, which is my usual reason for not voting d1 and that is, to my mind, a reasonable one.

The reason I retracted from continuing to press 4wolf is because three was nothing left to press - I have him a bunch of bs to gauge his reaction, his reaction was multiinterpretable (and thus told me nothing).
I wonder why I didn't get as much reaction on my talk with Tiruin. There was much the similar principle at town, except that I'm more convinced that she's town. My opinion of 4mask was unchanged following that questioning.

I've just realized I haven't done an all-in-one reads list, but that will be saved for another post, because Pfp.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2014, 04:32:29 pm »

Jiokuy
NQT: Kills have a 24 hour buffer, if a day is hammered in under 24 hours are they prevented?
Hmm, on Day 1 hammers weren't enabled for the first 24 hours, but afterwards I should think it'd be OK. You need a lot of cohesion to hammer. On the one hand, it hurts scum because they could be denied a kill, but it also empowers double-voting/vote stealing scum aiming for quick hammers. I'm going to say, if people are co-ordinated enough to get away with a hammer in the first 24 hours of a day, then they probably earned the results.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 31, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »

After perusing through the thread again, my thoughts are honestly pretty scattered. I don't have many outstanding reads (especially for scumminess), and this has turned into the messy D1 I've come to expect from mafia. That isn't to say that I won't try to pull my thoughts together into something cohesive, so I'll share my strongest reads. Prepare yourself for middling enlightenment (~u_u)~

Varee. I've detailed before that I believe his team may have pushed him into claiming responsibility as a town gesture, but I don't buy it. The best way I can think of getting rid of him at this point depends on whether a vig is present that happens to know his mask colour, but I'm on the fence about wasting a lynch on a target that won't flip immediately. And another to know for sure.

Scripten's claimed role indicated neither anything scummy, or a synergy with any would-be scum teammates, so I am inclined to believe that he is town. Varee's role confirmation for Scripten can be believed insofar that being forthcoming was his best chance for survival.

4maskwolf has revealed his role and intentions, and nothing about it stands out as scummy to me. Sharing his plans cements my read, as deviating would spell his doom later, in the unlikely case that he was scum.

Tiruin is active, and has long colourful posts. Claiming a mask colour so early would either indicate shenanigans or a bold invitation to be targeted, which feels like town-play. I'm not sure which.

Toonyman has lots of snipey posts, and a taunting attitude that doesn't sit well with me. I'd like to see his reads.

Tolyk is slight scum for me. The biggest thing that jumps out to me about him is his reaction test, and negatively. Has light content.

Toaster is hard to pinpoint, but he seems town to me. This is typical Toaster though, so I'll want to keep an eye on him anyway.

Persus: Nothing at the moment, obviously.

Jiokuy seems reasonable with what he has posted so far, nothing jumps out at me.

Flabort has okay levels of content, has been pretty rolefish-y, and the random vote thing was strange. All in all, I'm not sure what to think of him yet.

Silthuri: You've been quiet almost all game - you've tossed in a few votes and not much else. What are your reads?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64