Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Goblin Clan! [IC Thread]  (Read 7601 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Clan! [IC Thread]
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:03:35 am »

OOC Thread

The last Dark Tower has fallen, and the scourge of goblinkind is on its last legs.  The Demon Olmslo has been struck down, and with him his minions scattered to the far ends of the earth.  This is a great day for the civilised races of the world, as all but a shadow of that darkness is now gone.

Regrettably, you are that shadow.  Forced into hiding, your very race or those you side with doomed to a campaign of extinction at the hands of dwarves, elves and men, you must struggle not merely to reclaim your lost glory, but to survive.  You have fled to a basic hideout to regroup and plan how to survive and prevail...

This tale follows the following characters:

Spoiler: Chli-Vi-Kae (Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:29:05 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Clan! [IC Thread]
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:03:55 am »

Clan Statistics

Spoiler: Clan Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Headquarters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chli-Vi-Kae (Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:29:42 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:04:26 am »

In the year 1521, the last dark fortress of Tormentclaimed fell to a united force of Dwarves, Humans and Elves.  With this and the fall of the demon Olmslo, it seemed goblin civilisation was finally at an end.  Of those who survived, a handful formed a clan of survivors, mostly slaves and sympathisers beneath the iron will of Sir - no, Chief Dragostov the Death Dealer.  Under his command the clan fled to the human lands, the Fields of Cleansing being their chosen site.

Scouring the Fields of Cleansing, the goblins found the remnants of an abandoned guardhouse, out on the wilder grasslands at the edge of human territory.  While the guardhouse was in terrible repair, it provided basic shelter for the slaves, and seemed to have been completely forgotten by the humans.  More than this, it held in its basement an armoury full of weapons wrapped in oilskins, preserving the spears and blades within against rust and damage.

You have raided some supplies and livestock along your way to this safe haven, but they will not last.  Your clan hungers, and they must be fed.  The lands surrounding you are plentiful; there are woods to hunt and farms to raid if need be, but this may yet draw attention to your deeds.  For now, nobody knows where you are or that you yet live.  This may not remain so for long.

You may take multiple actions per turn.  I will arbitrarily decide how many you can actually accomplish per turn.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:32:01 am by Iituem »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:35:23 am »

Dragostov happily surveys the weapons within his newly acquired armory. These would suit his clan well. Very well. But there were still things that they were lacking. Food was the big one, and the tools and supplies to repair and expand the hideout would also need to be acquired.

Aside from weapons, Dragostov's biggest asset was goblin power in the form of slaves. He would have to make the most of this.

"ANT!" He yells abruptly to summon Kae, "Your presence is required in the armory!" If she was out of earshot, one of the slaves would surely track her down and fetch her.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:24:45 am »

The rather large princess inwardly hissed at the insolence. But everything in time...antman-queens where very, very long lived...

She joined the digusting little green creature inside the ruined guardhouse. standing in the doorway towering above the goblin she silently stared down at him with her compound eyes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:41 am »

Dragostov looks up at Kae, uncaring, or more likely, unaware of her resentment. "I think this is as good a place as any to stop and take inventory. The way I see it, we have sufficient weapons, insufficient livestock, several skilled loyalists including yourself, and a small pack of slaves."

The goblin casually tests the point of a spear with his finger, and licks the blood from the tiny new wound before continuing. "The slaves are the wildcard here. They could be our most useful asset, but they could also serve as a drain on our limited food resources. You employ a uniquely... impersonal... method of assessing people and situations, so I am asking you to perform an audit of our slave population. Run them through whatever tests you wish, so long as you do not damage them beyond the Keaman's ability to repair, and find out who has the brawn to be trained as a fighter, who has the brain to be trained as a caster, and who among them is of little value and therefore first to be culled should food become a problem."

He offers the insect a smug grin. "You can do this, yes?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

Why would you reassign your drones? Haven't they been born into their caste? the Queens eyes shone with curiosity...well as much as compound eyes can express curiosity.
A preposterous concept and so inefficient. Assigning hivemembers post-birth to their desired jobs instead of modifying them in the womb...very odd.

If they are useless why do you not reabsorb them by feeding them to warrior caste larvas?

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:44:19 pm »

A building. And a rather small one at that. A cavern would have been much better, thought Jeeris. More spacious, perhaps even spacious enough for Jeeris to occupy a nice small corner to fill with potential future stuff he'd gather. Well, worrying about the living conditions wasn't going to help anyone, so Jeeris pushed these thoughts aside, for surely he could come up with something better to do.

Ah, yes! A brilliant idea crossed his mind. Maybe he could investigate the surroundings of their new home more closely. To do this, he most likely would need a permission from the Boss-man. So off to search the Boss-man went the little kobold, strolling around until finding him in the armory, rudely interrupting whatever the Chief was doing.

"Hey Boss! Now that we have stopped, I'd like to go on a little scouting trip to check our surroundings if possible and I thought that maybe you would like to know that I would like to go and I came here to ask for your permission. So, please can I?" He said, and gave Dragostov the most hope-filled pleading stare he could muster.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 02:39:43 pm »

Why would you reassign your drones? Haven't they been born into their caste? the Queens eyes shone with curiosity...well as much as compound eyes can express curiosity.
A preposterous concept and so inefficient. Assigning hivemembers post-birth to their desired jobs instead of modifying them in the womb...very odd.

If they are useless why do you not reabsorb them by feeding them to warrior caste larvas?

The Chief had poked around with enough Ant Colonies in his youth to understand what the creature was trying to express. "Goblins are all born with the potential to be Workers, Fighters, or Breeders," He explains "Roles are usually assigned and taught during adolescence, but can be reassigned as many times as needed. It is slow, but in situations like these where flexib-"

A building. And a rather small one at that. A cavern would have been much better, thought Jeeris. More spacious, perhaps even spacious enough for Jeeris to occupy a nice small corner to fill with potential future stuff he'd gather. Well, worrying about the living conditions wasn't going to help anyone, so Jeeris pushed these thoughts aside, for surely he could come up with something better to do.

Ah, yes! A brilliant idea crossed his mind. Maybe he could investigate the surroundings of their new home more closely. To do this, he most likely would need a permission from the Boss-man. So off to search the Boss-man went the little kobold, strolling around until finding him in the armory, rudely interrupting whatever the Chief was doing.

"Hey Boss! Now that we have stopped, I'd like to go on a little scouting trip to check our surroundings if possible and I thought that maybe you would like to know that I would like to go and I came here to ask for your permission. So, please can I?" He said, and gave Dragostov the most hope-filled pleading stare he could muster.

Dragostov turns, interrupted by the Kobold. "Umm... I was planning on going scouting myself. Perhaps find some game or alternate shelter, this may not be out long term home, but I do like the area. Take a weapon and shield, and wait upstairs. You can go with me after I attend to some business..."

Brushing the kobold off, he turns back to Kae, "I'm sorry, where were we again? Comparative social biology was it? Just know that we learn our skills as opposed to being born into them. I trust that you are clever enough to learn about Goblin learning while you audit the slaves, assuming you feel you are up for the task."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 03:09:06 pm »

Comparative Biology? How was she supposed to audit one of these incredibly digusting green beasts? An idea came to mind, she would just assign them to a logical Caste System. maybe these odd creatures could yet be salvaged...
Observe the Goblins closely, try to find out who might be possibly suited for what. Order them in a caste system, Warriors, Breeders and Workers. Castrate the Workers and Warriors, they are not supposed to breed. Turn the sick and weak ones into proviant for the warriors, they need proteins. Overfeed the breeders they need to be started producing GOblins at a rate of at least One Million Goblins a year. Be suprised when i inevitably learn that this is impossible. Lower the expectation to a only slightly ridiciulous number about roughly double of what they can normally reproduce...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 03:13:29 pm »

Tezcatlipoca had finally found a safe enough place to hide from the forces of good. It wasn't perfect, no Keas, or any type of bird people around. Just a pile of goblins, a few freaks, and a human. Apparently one of the goblins was a chief among the goblins or something. He would have to be watched, Goblins were a untrustworthy lot. But still, a majority here followed this chief, so he would have to as well if he wanted a reprieve from traveling. A bigger issue was the lack of food. They didn't enough have enough meat for everyone in the short term without slaughtering their livestock. Tezcatlipoca would have to solve this issue first if he was to stay in comfort, he knew that goblins would look after themselves first if they ran out of food.

Tez followed the voice of the goblin and followed it to the armory. Where he found the chief talking to two freaks.

"Chief Goblin man! I am hope to not distress you! So little in here to eat, let this one search for village of soft ones to take from? Perhaps even go with other Goblin mans, if any are skilled in taking? I will save you the eyes!"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

Tezcatlipoca had finally found a safe enough place to hide from the forces of good. It wasn't perfect, no Keas, or any type of bird people around. Just a pile of goblins, a few freaks, and a human. Apparently one of the goblins was a chief among the goblins or something. He would have to be watched, Goblins were a untrustworthy lot. But still, a majority here followed this chief, so he would have to as well if he wanted a reprieve from traveling. A bigger issue was the lack of food. They didn't enough have enough meat for everyone in the short term without slaughtering their livestock. Tezcatlipoca would have to solve this issue first if he was to stay in comfort, he knew that goblins would look after themselves first if they ran out of food.

Tez followed the voice of the goblin and followed it to the armory. Where he found the chief talking to two freaks.

"Chief Goblin man! I am hope to not distress you! So little in here to eat, let this one search for village of soft ones to take from? Perhaps even go with other Goblin mans, if any are skilled in taking? I will save you the eyes!"

"Search, find, and take note of the food and the soft ones friend," Dragostov agrees, "but do not take yet. It is my hope that we may find game in the woods. Taking game does not make the soft ones angry at us. It is my hope that we may have time to gather our strength before we must fight them."

He pauses in thought. "Also, while you are looking, keep an eye out for hammers, shovels, saws, and other gear for building with. When the time to take does come, those are things I wish to take as well."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 03:45:19 pm »

Tez give a double shrug at the strange orders of the goblin chief. Hunting? The food situation was bad, but not that bad yet! And who had heard of taking without taking? Bizarre. Still, Tez would try to follow the chiefs orders for now. He was after all the leader of this tribe at the moment.

Search for any nearby villages, if it's possible to sneak up on them and observe them, do so. Specially take note for building material. But don't take anything! Unless I can do it without anyone noticing me of course.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

The Boss-man not only approved of his request on scouting, but even decided to come along. Jeeris was overjoyed and hastily proceeded to follow the orders he had just received. He started by searching a weapon he was most familiar with, a dagger. Failing to find one in the armory he then looked for a weapon that resembled a dagger the most, the giant dagger, a weapon most people would call a sword. The sword was a bit too big for his size and after trying to take a swing, he came to the conclusion that the weapon was too clumsy to use with his skills. So Jeeris then tried one of the spears, it was a bit too long but this problem could simply be solved by cutting it shorter. Completely forgetting about the shield Jeeris impatiently runs outside to wait for the Chief.

Try to cut the spear into suitable size, then wait for the scouting mission with Dragostov to start. While scouting take special notes on different types of plants and their locations.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »

Alex would stare at the camp. He would quickly begin moving out of the camp. He was going out to look for animals or infidel humans. Undead soldiers don't need food, and won't be missed

Grab my staff of decay and go looking for sentiments or animals
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:35:36 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5