Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435650 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2655 on: December 13, 2014, 10:14:51 pm »

So, remember how Yaos spent so much time training in the DBP? Why?
You get reset when you leave, so wouldn't all the training be for nothing/very little?
You get reset in power, but you keep all your memories. Thus, one can train in the DBP and gain skill permanently.
But muscle memory is a large part of training so it would be much less effective than just training normally.
It depends on what kind of training you're doing. If you're just training physical combat moves and such then yeah, it is less effective, but tactical and strategic manoeuvres can be easily trained there with no penalty. Moreover, just remembering how you did something helps a lot in building proper muscle memory, especially when the mind is very focused on the activity. (You have to remember that they feel real pain and actually do die, so the brain would be very focused at the time.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 13, 2014, 11:33:30 pm »

Yaos will return? It was inevitable.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2657 on: December 13, 2014, 11:55:39 pm »

Please resend/repost important price checks, questions, comments, concerns, &c. I'm a bit pressed for study time at least until Monday or so, after which the most worrying final will be out of the way. I'm really going to try finishing the books tonight, so expect to see them trickling in the next few hours.

Spoiler: Poll results (click to show/hide)
The leading option seems to be Intuition for both creation and upgrades, although I will likely rely on the fallback of Sqrt/Quad where uncertain as that option is the next non-intuition-based pair. I'm actually a bit moved that a lot of you trust my intuition enough to vote for intuition options in general, but maybe repeating this poll when things aren't nearly as uneventful may reveal a different preference. The poll's results will likely take effect immediately, but prices for cheap things will likely not change noticeably unless you try repeating the purchase a few dozen times or so.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 13, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »

$$$ Price check!

I am still tossing around some ideas for a new race. Someone has to create something, after all.
    The Bambola:

How much to make a race of spirit-ish creatures that can create a body for themselves out of metal that is indistinguishable from whatever race they turn it into? If they "die" in the body, they simply leave and can make a new one under normal circumstances.

How much for a race that has their soul stored in a special gland/amulet/ other object? Their body can be repaired, unless that object is broken, in which case they die. How much to add combat enchantment?

How much for a single entity that controls multiple "dolls" like those made in the first one, inhabiting them all at the same time?

One more I forgot about:

A symbiotic race that can act as body parts for other races? Ex if an Armu gets three of his arms chopped off in a fight, this race can become his three arms for him.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 14, 2014, 12:09:37 am »

I had a general musing directed to everyone. How important is having divine magic to mortal priests? Is having divine magic what makes you a priest?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 14, 2014, 12:11:36 am »

$$$Prive Check$$$
A full steel suit of steel plate armor for my Dragon enchanted to be stronger and more protective ( how much more $$$ to be very light so that it does not weigh him down too much.)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 14, 2014, 12:46:49 am »

$$$Prive Check$$$
A full steel suit of steel plate armor for my Dragon enchanted to be stronger and more protective ( how much more $$$ to be very light so that it does not weigh him down too much.)
You don't have to spend Essence for that. You can just enchant it with mana or get it enchanted by a proper Enchantment mage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2662 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:35 am »

Not if you want to guarantee it didn't fail because of some mortal's incompetence. :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 14, 2014, 01:07:46 am »

But on the other hand, you're a god, so you should easily be able to tell who's competent and who isn't (keep in mind that even competent Enchantment mages might be Void-influenced, so check for that as well). Since mortals have had their common sense upgraded, it's unlikely they'll try to pull one over on you and give you a crappy enchantment or simply refuse to serve you. It's unwise to anger a god, you see.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:21:40 am by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 14, 2014, 01:10:01 pm »

Sorry; business is a thing, apparently. It's annoying.

Plus I've been trying to work up the effort for a grand giant post and/or PM detailing everything I think I will make or plan in making for something like the next 12 turns.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2665 on: December 14, 2014, 02:05:57 pm »

I just noticed that by using duct tape for its nominal purpose (i.e. blocking annoying ducts), I can build up a temperature difference of 10°F (or 5°C) between my room and the commons room when some kid decides to turn on the central heating.

$$$Response
(All prices are restricted to the usage case requested. They may differ for other projects.)
Bambola: Around 5E base
Soul stored externally: +2E base
Combat enhancement: +3E asymptotic
Single entity controlling dolls like in first one: 6E for controlling a few
Spare parts race: 4E base

Full suit of steel plate armor +stronger +protective: 3E
+Lightness: +1-2E

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 14, 2014, 03:01:30 pm »

$$$
Price check on creating the Cherubim; short in stature, look somewhat child-like in comparison to Humans or most other humanoid races, but fantastic inventors/tinkers, good craftspeople, good engineers/architects(particularly good at protective construction. Whether that be fortifications or just tough stuff), great armorsmiths, affinity to Enchantment magic(not sure whether it would cost less to include in creation or add later). Natural affinity for working with and controlling the Sentinels.

Price check on creating what for now I will call the Chiracyx; amphibious semi-crab-like people, rather large, thickly built(as in they look almost spherical and have giant arms), don't look human, have a sort of scal-chitin-carapace covering them nigh perfectly, are almost truly omnivorous; metals and stone and the like goes to improving their armor shell, the quality of which and style of it(since they can change how it grows based on various stuff; this is preliminary, so I'm not detailing everything) partially determines their status. Good isn't something they're super-passionate about, but that's most.y because it's just a given to them; it's simply what you do. What everyone does. It would be ridiculous to do other stuff(mostly; they aren't perfect, obviously). Diet mostly consists of small crustaceans, shellfish, or fish, and plant matter, plus ore and other stuff to improve their shells. Not actually slow or dumb, they just take the time they feel necessary to think through their decisions, and so they appear slow, but it's more like 'deliberate'. Not the greatest manual dexterity or speed, but not actually bad either. Their shells molt occasionally(just bits and pieces; remember, it's also partially based on scales(though that's as much because that let's it cover everything with almost no weak points), and because of their strength, they can't be reconsumed(that's considered disgusting and akin to cannibalism anyway, though it's accepted that if there's no other way to keep your shell from falling apart...). Chiracyxian armor(as in, made from high-quality molted Chiracyx shell) is some of the best in the world, even if somewhat heavy.
Price check on giving Seraphim Cosmic affinity.
Price check on making the Cherubim and Chiracyx at the same time.
Price check in making them both at the same time on opposite worlds, so that they're sorta linked in the reincarnation thing, if souls even get bound to a single race.
Price check on making them and then/additionally propagating all my races to a total of 15 million, in the following proportions: 5 million Seraphim, 4 million Ophanim, 3 million Cherubim, 3 million Chiracyx.

Blargh. There. I did the first part of the massive post thing
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 14, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

$$$$
How much would it cost to create an enormous City destroying Titan made of kitchen appliances?
Just Curious ;D.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 14, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

By the way, what's the highest cost of a single item so far? My 120E in a secret price check probably ranks pretty high on that list. I somehow came up with something very much overpowered, but which didn't get a fiat red light, only a ridiculously high cost.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 14, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »

$$$$
How much would it cost to create an enormous City destroying Titan made of kitchen appliances?
Just Curious ;D.

Kyloth was 6E I think.

By the way, what's the highest cost of a single item so far? My 120E in a secret price check probably ranks pretty high on that list. I somehow came up with something very much overpowered, but which didn't get a fiat red light, only a ridiculously high cost.
What the hell were you trying to create? A race of archangel power level people?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:15:40 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 350