Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 54581 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 - Everyone lost their mind
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »

Ugh, request replacement.  Sorry for the (5th?) replacement, but I'm gonna have to bow out.

You notice that yet another person loses their mind. A guard says "Again? That's the fifth one this week. TheDarkStar, call the Mind Replacement Agency and see if they can fix this."

"Yes, sir."

Replacement request noted. Votecount coming eventually.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2
« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2014, 02:39:40 pm »

Am willing to replace in (again) since I didn't actually do anything.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2014, 02:40:50 pm »

Am willing to replace in (again) since I didn't actually do anything.

You have deadchat access, though. If no one else signs up to replace, I'll sign you up and change the deadchat link (nothing important has been said there anyway).

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »

Wow, calm down Scripten. People might get the idea that I'm right about you being scum.

That said, you have my apologies. You didn't start the Shamrock wagon, you simply jumped onto it when you saw that everyone else had left the SBC one and you needed an easy lynch. Oh, sorry. You moved it because you 'wanted to avoid a no lynch', right? Yeah, that's not scummy. Not at all. Funny how all your scum hunting has been against inactive people or ones who already have a vote on them.

Since you're such a big fan of proving things, perhaps you could point out where I said I defended Shamrock? Because I'm pretty sure I specifically said I didn't do that because I wasn't sure enough about him to. Strange that you'd try to misrepresent what someone said like that, right?

You want me to prove that you're trying to get other people to fight your battles for you? You're dropping votes and coming back to actually support them when you're good and ready. Can anyone tell me if scum would do this so as to avoid looking suspicious but still drawing fire on their targets? (That is what some people call a loaded question, designed to draw the answers towards a conclusion that supports your own. It is remarkably similar to the one you posed about SBC. How odd that is, considering we have your word that that wasn't a loaded question.)

As for your read, I've noticed that the justification you gave was 'skating under the radar' (huh, a vague answer that you could interpret in the way that best suits you later on. What an odd thing for a townie to do...) and not posting enough, neither of which have cropped up in your current arguments.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »

Deus Asmoth: As scum, what does Scripten gain by confirming the lynch on Comrade Shamrock?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »

Shamrock was one of the more aggressive scumhunters. He'd already been questioning Scripten and thought he was suspicious. Putting the vote on Shamrock also made it less likely that Scintillant and Crusader would change their minds about him again.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2014, 04:07:48 pm »

Confirming the lynch. Comrade Shamrock was already going to be lynched, so I'm disregarding your points as to why scum would want a townie dead. Are you really going to WIFOM that other players 'might have changed their minds' and that this is why a scum player would vote at the end of a day for a mislynch of a townie (which they know is going to be a mislynch!), Deus?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Night 1
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

The Mind Replacement Agency works furiously to ensure that everyone has a mind. Luckily for masked_krusader, there might be an extra one lying around somewhere.

If there is no replacement for masked_krusader by 2 AM UTC, he will be replaced by 4maskwolf.

Votes:

Scripten: Deus Asmoth
Deus Asmoth: NotQuiteThere, Scripten
Dorsidwarf:
masked_krusader: Cheeetar
NotQuiteThere:
Scintillant:
Cheeetar:

No Lynch:

Not voting: Dorsidwarf, masked_krusader (soon to be replaced), NotQuiteThere, Scintillant

Day 2 will end on Tuesday, 2AM UTC (a few days from now).

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2014, 04:39:38 pm »

Cheetar, you're already going into WIFOM territory by asking me to guess someone else's motives. You asked me why he did what he did, and I gave you my best guess. Masked had already unvoted Shamrock once before, and Scintillant seemed to be changing his mind every few minutes, so it does seem like them pulling out of the vote at the last minute would have seemed like a risk to me if I were scum.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

Deus Asmoth

Wow, calm down Scripten. People might get the idea that I'm right about you being scum.

I have no worries about being mislynched. I just absolutely hate the massive amounts of misrepping going on in this game.

That said, you have my apologies. You didn't start the Shamrock wagon, you simply jumped onto it when you saw that everyone else had left the SBC one and you needed an easy lynch. Oh, sorry. You moved it because you 'wanted to avoid a no lynch', right? Yeah, that's not scummy. Not at all. Funny how all your scum hunting has been against inactive people or ones who already have a vote on them.

Uh... yeah, it's not scummy. A no-lynch ONLY helps scum, especially on Day 1 when information is super limited. Btw, when I started scumhunting SBC, I was voting him for rolefishing and led that wagon. Funny how literally every point you're bringing up is a blatant lie, isn't it? Also, joining on a wagon isn't scummy, especially when you are directly interacting with players. Not everyone can get the first vote on a wagon.

I love how you're scumreading me both for being first on a wagon and for not being first on a wagon. What, exactly, would town-me have done differently in these situations?

Since you're such a big fan of proving things, perhaps you could point out where I said I defended Shamrock? Because I'm pretty sure I specifically said I didn't do that because I wasn't sure enough about him to. Strange that you'd try to misrepresent what someone said like that, right?

I put "defending" in quotes to emphasize that your defense of your supposed townread was weak, not that you had said it. Parsing error on my end. Apologies.

Either you were scumreading Shamrock enough to want him lynched or you had another, stronger scumread. If it was the first case, you didn't vote him and that's anti-town. End of story. If it's the second case, you weren't pushing your stronger scumread, and thus let someone you apparently thought was town get lynched to save your own hide. That's anti-town.

So, either you're a poor town player or you're scum. Consider my scumread on you a compliment.

You want me to prove that you're trying to get other people to fight your battles for you? You're dropping votes and coming back to actually support them when you're good and ready.

Except... no, I'm not. This is completely false and all it takes is a short read-through of my posts to see how incredibly wrong it is. I have always followed through by pursuing my targets and keeping a broad net. You can stop insulting my play now. It's getting REALLY old.

Can anyone tell me if scum would do this so as to avoid looking suspicious but still drawing fire on their targets? (That is what some people call a loaded question, designed to draw the answers towards a conclusion that supports your own. It is remarkably similar to the one you posed about SBC. How odd that is, considering we have your word that that wasn't a loaded question.)

Actually, this is a legitimate question and one that I can answer. Scum -do- passively initiate arguments and attempt to draw up suspicions on townies without implicating themselves. Doesn't apply in this case because I've been pushing each of the wagons I've been a part of and engaging with other players all game.

My question was not loaded. I made an accusation and told others to independently corroborate the information. Your case is weak and you should actually try scumhunting instead of pulling gak from your rear for a terrible OMGUS vote.

As for your read, I've noticed that the justification you gave was 'skating under the radar' (huh, a vague answer that you could interpret in the way that best suits you later on. What an odd thing for a townie to do...) and not posting enough, neither of which have cropped up in your current arguments.

It's almost as if the game state has changed and we have more information to go on or something.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2014, 04:45:07 pm »

Cheetar, you're already going into WIFOM territory by asking me to guess someone else's motives. You asked me why he did what he did, and I gave you my best guess. Masked had already unvoted Shamrock once before, and Scintillant seemed to be changing his mind every few minutes, so it does seem like them pulling out of the vote at the last minute would have seemed like a risk to me if I were scum.

You seem to be totally blind to the fact that the counter wagon (which I started, mind you) WAS ALSO ON TOWN. There was literally no risk for scum in that situation. The only risk, which I mitigated with my change in vote, was of a no-lynch if scum/newbtown or scum/scum changed their votes at the last minute. (The especially dangerous part of this is in the first case, the newbtown player is set up as a mislynch!)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2014, 04:47:58 pm »

Shamrock may have been an agressive scumhunter, but he was really, really bad at it. He kept forgetting past events, misinterpreting quotes, and making accusations that we're flat-out untrue.

Spoiler: Semi OOC? (click to show/hide)
I'm going to drop some reads here, air out my opinions Always good to air opinions. Keeps them fresh.

Scripten: Seems fairly competent, generally knows what he's doing. Oddly insistent about that one D1 question not being a leading question (IMO it was). Concentrated on DA. Votes policy and strategically, see: SBC lead, Comrade vote. Agressive.  Seems to be getting emotional in his latest posts w/ Deus - personal involvement? - : Slight town, acting oddly though.
Deus Asmoth: Defensive, and jumpy, seems worried about Scripten's focus on them. Needs to remember to scum hunt as well as defend himself. Seems somewhat focused on protecting self. Slight scum read.
Dorsidwarf: Handsome as ever.
Masked_Krusader[REPLACING]: Odd. Accuses people who question him. Accuses someone for using the RVS as intended. Declares other people to be using WIFOM against him, writes long ranty paragraph which is pure WIFOM. Scummy. Would be voting except they are replacing, and therefore are about as likely to defend themself as a chocolate alarm clock is to ring.
NQT: replaced in for RangerCado, who did hardly anything. Posted a big nice list of analysis. Seems to be focused on voting history as his scumhunting MO, as per usual. Voting DA for being timid, self-preservation focused. Slight town lean, but mostly not enough material to form a proper read.
Scintillininant:Acting odd. Led himself round by the nose after other people D1, voted NL immediately after executedumbo(me). Seems to have samey reasons. Feels off. Slight scum lean.
Cheeeetar: Needs to post more content. Hard to read. Isn't posting much advice, for a registered IC. Has questions on masked, but masked is replacing out. Null read (content-to-post ratio too low).

Ppe: Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. Typical.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »

Shamrock may have been an agressive scumhunter, but he was really, really bad at it. He kept forgetting past events, misinterpreting quotes, and making accusations that we're flat-out untrue.

Spoiler: Semi OOC? (click to show/hide)
I'm going to drop some reads here, air out my opinions Always good to air opinions. Keeps them fresh.

Scripten: Seems fairly competent, generally knows what he's doing. Oddly insistent about that one D1 question not being a leading question (IMO it was). Concentrated on DA. Votes policy and strategically, see: SBC lead, Comrade vote. Agressive.  Seems to be getting emotional in his latest posts w/ Deus - personal involvement? - : Slight town, acting oddly though.
Deus Asmoth: Defensive, and jumpy, seems worried about Scripten's focus on them. Needs to remember to scum hunt as well as defend himself. Seems somewhat very focused on protecting self. People paying more attention, getting jumper and jumper, accusations are becoming farcical, as if desperate. Slight moderate scum read. That, or town who never bothered to read up past BMs.
Dorsidwarf: Handsome as ever.
Masked_Krusader[REPLACING]: Odd. Accuses people who question him. Accuses someone for using the RVS as intended. Declares other people to be using WIFOM against him, writes long ranty paragraph which is pure WIFOM. Scummy. Would be voting except they are replacing, and therefore are about as likely to defend themself as a chocolate alarm clock is to ring.
NQT: replaced in for RangerCado, who did hardly anything. Posted a big nice list of analysis. Seems to be focused on voting history as his scumhunting MO, as per usual. Voting DA for being timid, self-preservation focused. Slight town lean, but mostly not enough material to form a proper read.
Scintillininant:Acting odd. Led himself round by the nose after other people D1, voted NL immediately after executedumbo(me). Seems to have samey reasons. Feels off. Slight scum lean.
Cheeeetar: Needs to post more content. Hard to read, haven't read much on him. Isn't posting much advice, for a registered IC. Has questions on masked, but masked is replacing out. Asked Deus to explain why someone did something, then FOSed them for WIFOM. ???? . Null read, slight scum lean. (very, very slight). (content-to-post ratio too low).

Ppe: Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. Typical.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2014, 05:00:52 pm »

It's cool to have one super-experienced non-IC player in the game, especially since NQT promotes nonstandard and interesting methods of playing the game, but adding 4mask into the slot? I know we need a replacement, but, well, he's already had a go at replacing in, and this "Beginner's" match is starting to look awfully pro.
Just my thoughts on the matter.

This is why I'm waiting a bit to see if anyone else signs up.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »

Post-post edit.
Above post has been updated for replies over last hour or so.

Additionally,
Deus Asmoth
Why are you getting jumpy and panicky all of a sudden? It's almost like you're freaking out and going bezerk because the attention of the other players is on you, you scummy scum scum, huh? Answers. ASAP. What makes you so worried that you're being investigated? Why should you not be lynched? What are you contributing to scumhunting in general? Stat.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30