Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 444393 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1485 on: August 07, 2016, 06:05:53 am »

Tiruin, if you're really deadset on getting a human crew, try making a tiny colony. Just several small box with a light and door, then keep placing and removing the deed till you get human colonists, then do quests for them. Also do it on the moon for that sweet tier 10 rent.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 07, 2016, 06:23:08 am »

wut? Moons have higher rent than fiery worlds?
I've carved out my base in a magma sea, because it's the dwarfy thing to do, but also because I thought it would be highest rent there.

Does it matter on what tier of star the moon is located at?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 07, 2016, 06:31:57 am »

Doesn't really matter since moons are set at tier 10 so the ghost can fuck you up no matter you're armor tier, which is at tier 6 at the highest.

edit. This my source if you want to check it out.

edit2. Well everything else is the same as the last tier planet so this only affect weapons.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:36:58 am by majikero »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 07, 2016, 07:21:29 am »

It does look like it that moons around gentle stars will give you the spooked debuff, but the creature won't start pursuing you until you mine your first fuel on that moon (and the S.A.I.L. pops a warning message), while on moons around more dangerous stars, the ghost (and the message) pop up as soon as you've beamed down.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 07, 2016, 07:38:53 am »

The ghost chases you proportionally to the amount of erchius fuel you have in your inventory, including the stuff you beamed down with.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 07, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »

Oooh! That makes sense.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 07, 2016, 01:00:50 pm »

after dying and exploring the second star i found enough materials to upgrade most of my crafting stations. i have enough crew for the next upgrade but i dont have enough modules.

the second chamber of the ship was converted into an storage and a small farming plot. it has been able to keep most of the resources sorted out while i was building the extra crafting stations (refinery, archaeology, apothecary).

i should be moving onto tier 3 armor now. but my expeditions in search of titanium tend to end in casualties. too much monsters for me to handle. and having to keep in check of torches and rope for spelunking for the way back.

i also need silk. which is quite expensive on the outpost.

guess i'll see if i can complete the dreadwing mission with my best crewmates. got some interesting weapons right now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 07, 2016, 01:07:58 pm »

Does anyone happen to know if rope is craftable? I've had no luck finding it on my first FU character and I can't craft my first armor set without it :l
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1493 on: August 07, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »

Does anyone happen to know if rope is craftable? I've had no luck finding it on my first FU character and I can't craft my first armor set without it :l

It's craftable in your personal crafting menu (C). Took me ages to figure that out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 07, 2016, 01:12:49 pm »

It's craftable in your personal crafting menu (C). Took me ages to figure that out.
Thank you! Can't believe I missed it for so long :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 07, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »

Almost nothing is advertised. You have to push all the buttons everywhere.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 07, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »

Wow. Giant annoying bug that had me repeat to make a new character because I was CONFUSED BEYOND REASON.
It all started with me noticing that the OUtpost shops (emphasis on the ones that sell colony deeds) were not yet unlocked post-Erchius Mining Facility mission, so I wondered and checked the wiki; convinced that I was working on partially outdated-maybe information, I asked a friend for a few colony deeds (thanks namad7). Curiosity aside, I completed the next Hylotl mission (unspoken hours to find these annoying places, both Floran and Hylotl...). No dice. Several points arose in why I made a new character on this confusing escapade.

It was then that I noticed that despite finishing the Mining Facility--even getting a bloody Erchius boss FIGURINE from it, it kept saying 'revisit'. One point. Next is that quests go along what you accomplish at certain points. (Also internet searches didn't help me find my confusion) I presume and conclude that there is a flag at the 'giant drill' in the mining facility that completes the quest, however does NOT allow those store NPCs to activate in the outpost.
Big point: There is always a teleporter at the end of most missions.

I apparently did NOT notice the teleporter and manually quit. Although this set the mission as successful for quest-related purposes, meaning that the Captain then fixes up your ship and you can cruise the stars, it does not record your win--EVEN STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS RECORD YOUR WIN, but you always have to visit the end-mission teleporter.

Just ARGH this game. -_- Wasted time making a new bloody character for this only to notice my mistake upon doing it. All over again. Argh version 1.0.ugh and all its cut-offs. Still love the music but EURGH. It's like the release has changed, with a lot being pushed to metaknowledge and 'mod this for easier time'.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 07, 2016, 02:21:51 pm »

This kind of makes me miss the original clunky crafting system where your crafting menu was just the sum of all nearby crafting stations. I'd love an option to turn that on, or even more so to craft with items from nearby storage.

Big point: There is always a teleporter at the end of most missions.

I apparently did NOT notice the teleporter and manually quit. Although this set the mission as successful for quest-related purposes, meaning that the Captain then fixes up your ship and you can cruise the stars, it does not record your win--EVEN STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS RECORD YOUR WIN, but you always have to visit the end-mission teleporter.

That's. Wow. I thought the side-quests not consistently advancing their trackers was bad, but this just sounds painful. Anyone know if there's a sane way to submit bugs, or do you have to toss them on the CF forums?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 07, 2016, 02:27:15 pm »

Though FWIW the "revisit" option is intentional and remains even if everything is completed correctly. I think it exists so that you can go back and collect the cosmetic loot later if you so choose.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 07, 2016, 02:33:24 pm »

Not even just cosmetic loot.

Spoiler: Real spoiler? (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130