Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61977 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check [Only War][Signups closed]
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2015, 03:02:27 pm »

Apologies if this is totally off-topic, but I just finished designing the insane unit. Its not as insane as the one I mentioned earlier today, but with a total of 14 points of unit drawbacks (inorder to pay for the possibly OP item of OP)... Well...

Oh, it also starts with 3d10 of insanity.

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2015, 03:10:23 pm »

Still like the Vniediken Paracommandos better, but the void troop thing is interesting. What's the point of a grav-chute, though?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »

The kit was origionally mostly drop-trooper gear, that I threw together into things with the extra 20 points of gear points. I kinda wish that when I rolled the custom trait thing/whatever the proper name is that I got a result with more drawbacks... Then I made it so that you cant ever get more suits, so unless you get really lucky in who you get as replacements... IF you get replacements.

-edit-

More clarification on the grav chute: The armor contains a set of very small thrusters to help reduce the effects of recoil, this, combined with some other things, can have the same effect as a grav chute.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:36:18 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2015, 04:31:43 pm »

The problem is that it can't work per normal rules since only one regimental drawback is allowed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2015, 04:33:42 pm »

Where's that stated? I recall breaking it quite a bit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2015, 04:35:32 pm »

Pg.44 of HotE: "When designing a regiment, Players and Game Masters may choose one of the following Regimental Drawbacks."

I think we also broke it during the original Vniedik regiment-building (the version I quoted was fixed) because we overlooked this detail... Or was it GM permission? I can't remember.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2015, 04:40:22 pm »

I don't know, but it's the sort of thing I would bend, if I were GM, so probably.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:14 pm »

What are we gonna do about squad organization for this? I've only ever played this pen and paper style before and we all defaulted to specific roles within the team and split into 2 sub squads.

We have 7 confirmed people and a few comrades already so we're gonna need to organize things a bit especially given the compartively high number of more support oriented characters we have.
The way my old group always did it was to split the squad into an assault unit and a support unit then pick somebody to lead each of the 2 units so we could co-ordinate everybody into the best positions for them in any given situation.
But I dunno if you guy's wanna do that or just stick in 1 big unit and then scatter whenever something comes up.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2015, 06:44:31 pm »

Well, one thing to keep in mind here is that we've all got one Chimera
(or I could change it up to a Sentinel if you want
but
Chimera)

For all of us, just one vehicle; given that we're recon and will likely be driving around in this vehicle rather frequently, it somewhat reduces our chances of splitting up.
AND, SPEAKING OF! We could REALLY use an operator for that thing, guys.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:47:25 pm by Powder Miner »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2015, 06:49:56 pm »

Well we have 3 more potential people and we're still short a medic as well.

But the Chimera will only get us nearish to the target, after that we have to move on foot to avoid detection. A big ass Chimera sticks out a bit and ain't overly quiet. The recon itself is likely to be done on foot and I'm willing to bet we end up carrying out assaults, ambushes, sabotage and so on as well for which we'll be on foot.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2015, 06:56:13 pm »

We /may/ be able to trade it in for the recon version...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2015, 06:57:27 pm »

How many can a Chimera actually carry?
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2015, 06:58:53 pm »

I think its a crew of 3-4 and 6 or so in the back.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2015, 07:00:04 pm »

How many can a Chimera actually carry?
Ten or twelve, I think. Might be as many as sixteen though, and it really depends on the model. For instance, the Kronus pattern, I believe it was, trades crew capacity for a rotating artillery cannon.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2015, 07:01:08 pm »

We're gonna need to split anyway then. Including comrades I'm pretty sure we reached that already probably passed it. So we need to be 2 squads to get 2 Chimera.

I'd expect the recon version to be at the lower end of capacity. Smaller being easier to hide and all.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67