Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61944 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check [Only War][Signups closed]
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2015, 07:05:14 pm »

I don't doubt some of the comrades will have to perform tank desant, but I think we'll have to do with a single Chimera unless the GM splits us in two squads.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2015, 07:05:32 pm »

I call medic.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2015, 07:10:31 pm »

He did say we could be 2 squads or 1 big squad. 2 seems like the best fit or some of us are gonna be left behind or lose our comrades because of space constraints.

Patrick: StormTrooper
Powder: Psyker
Aseaheru: Ratling
Gamerlord: Ministorum Priest
Caellath: Commissar
Hellhound: Commissar
Harbingerjm:
Comrade: Heavy Weapons
NAV: Medic
Hax:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:43:57 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2015, 12:22:06 am »

Rest of the squad rides on the Chimera, naturally. Sure, they're basically sitting ducks in colorful armor (plumage?), but it's war, you have to make some sacrifices.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2015, 01:25:54 am »

Editing appearance and background later. Did the mechanical stuff because I'm used to it already. Edit: Done.

@GM: Can commissars/stormtroopers take Schola Progenium as their homeworld? It gives them Low and High Gothic as well as match the specialty better for background purposes. The cost is 3pt, same as Feudal World.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:38:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2015, 02:02:49 am »

@GM: Can commissars/stormtroopers take Schola Progenium as their homeworld? It gives them Low and High Gothic as well as match the specialty better for background purposes. The cost is 3pt, same as Feudal World.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Yes, sure.

As for the transport thing, a Chimera has a capacity of 15, including 3 crew. Having two squads seems more prudent, unless somebody wants to hitch a ride on the armor.

Hax, Harb, any of you guys fancy being a sergeant? If not, the senior Commissar probably gets operational command.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:12 pm »

I've never seen a commissar with WP that low holy crap. Hope Digitals turns out better so he can cover the psyker.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2015, 01:00:44 pm »

hahaha
i'll avoid spouting Perils everywhere

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2015, 01:05:39 pm »

Appearance and background up barring some later minor additions/changes. Edited for Schola Progenium too, now he's weaker.

@Patrick: DH already had his sheet up a while before mine. "Covering the psyker" is not a matter of Willpower, it's in fact more about whether the player who is playing the psyker gets the Talents to avoid triggering Phenomena and Perils (Comrade Advances, Favoured by the Warp, Warp Lock and using the good ol' FP re-roll). I already talked to Powder and he's aware of the problems.

And on the weight part, you'll probably have to forgo reloads for the hot-shot lasgun. According to the rulebook and the errata, that ammo count of 30 comes at the expense of each battery weighing 10 Kg for some reason. Either the GM rules that's a bit of bullshit and allows them to weigh as much as a common pack or you'll have to carry 30 Kg of charge packs for 90 shots.
>Yes?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2015, 01:32:45 pm »

Better go back and look at his. But a full clip of ammo for a hotshot is still only 10% of the weight of the gun as far as I see in the rules book.
Caine's law.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2015, 02:03:04 pm »

But a full clip of ammo for a hotshot is still only 10% of the weight of the gun as far as I see in the rules book.

Not really. The hotshot uses a different system.
Quote from: Core Rulebook, pg.176
Hot-shot weapons use a 10 kg backpack power source rather than a standard plug-in pack, even for the smaller hellpistol.
Quote from: Living Errata, pg.37
Question: Does the Stormtrooper receive a backpack power source with his hot-shot lasgun?
Answer: Yes. As described in the entry for this item on page 176, the 10 kg backpack power supply comes with the weapon. This power supply provides it with the Clip value found in Table 6–9: Ranged Weapons, on page 174.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2015, 02:15:57 pm »

Right, Ive been looking at the vehicles, and the chimera has a crew of three and also holds 12 dudes with their gear.

Oddly enough, the same-sized recon variant has a crew of four and carries noone for 30KM out of combat, 5 in combat and 10 manuverability, while tit also has less weaponry, looses reliable and enclosed, and gains enhanced motive systems... It also looses the pintle mount... Who designed that thing?

Oh, what are we gonna mount on out chimera? Personally, I would say that we mount autocannon/heavy bolter/storm bolter...

We might also be able to get the option for the six lasguns on the sides...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:40 pm »

I say we mount as much bolters on it as we can, given the choice.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:39:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2015, 02:39:19 pm »

I agree with Autocannon/Heavy Bolter/Storm Bolter-- the range on the Autocannon would be very nice, plus... bolters. bbbbolters

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2015, 02:40:39 pm »

Autocannon for turret, hull-mounted heavy bolter and pintle-mounted storm bolter in my opinion. If we're expected to get into urban fighting or anything where the enemy is allowed far too much cover nearly all the time, we should get the hull-mounted heavy flamer instead. Not sure since we don't have the campaign's details.

Our heavy can man the turret's autocannon since he has the needed Solid Projectile training anyway.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67