Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC  (Read 8522 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:45:59 pm »

---------

The registration was a constant symbol of the corporation in the poorer part of the city, situated just on the edge of the slums it towered over all of it's surroundings. Security guards stood outside as the crowd began to build, it was the day of registration into the duel tournament and the people gathered for the event of the year. The speaker attached to the front of the building crackled into life.
”All entrants, please form an orderly line in front of the building. Any improper behaviour and you will be denied entry to the tournament.” With that message the doors swung open revealing the shining interior of the Coerelia building.

There were several registration points inside, all with a stack forms piled high on the desk and each with a secretary behind them. They looked onwards with varying degrees of interest as the crowd began to flock into the building. The warning was repeated one last time before the speaker once again fell into silence.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:01:37 pm »

Sol had been in the line before the door opened, and was currently filling out the last few forms, his starry duel disk mounted on his arm, and his deck sitting in its pouch at his hip. With a grin he finished the paperwork and headed deeper inside.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:23:21 pm »

Nathan moved through the crowd towards the forms casually, easily avoiding contact with any of the others trying to get to the forms and managed to make it to the forms quick enough to be one of the first, despite having been a fair distance back in the crowd when the doors first opened.  He finished the papers at a pace that he timed with his predicted movement of how the crowd would flow.  He handed the papers over and headed in the direction of the room where they would announce whom the accepted entrants would be, checking over his disk, which looked similar to the standard, though toned as dark silver and deep royal blue, as he went.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:40:18 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:02:42 pm »

Sol yawns, leaning against a wall and checking through his deck one more time. It was looking a lot better than it had a few weeks ago, and he was itching for a test drive.... He turned to look over the room, wondering if he couldn't make a bit of spare cash...

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:49 pm »

Belle bounced lightly on her heels, running through some hands with her deck while she waited in line. This would be fun! At least, once she got through the line...
Tsuyoku naritai.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:59:56 am »

Marin glanced about, starry-eyed, at the crowds around her, like someone from the very dredges of society who had never even come close to a building this glittering or this clean.  As she reached the front of the line, she received one of the forms.  Filling it out in a slightly rougher hand than her usual norm, she carefully lettered in the name Dina Argo.  She didn't think they knew her real name or face, but there was no sense taking chances.  She wouldn't be able to hide her face, not with the way the corp went about things, but her name...that was trivially easy to fake.  She made one last check of the form as well as her possessions; the deck was carefully locked into the appropriate slot of the duel disc, and as she ran her fingers over it, it responded to her commands as though it were new, in spite of its outward appearance as a frankenstein disc, rebuilt and repaired from other abandoned discs.  Her own clothes also had been carefully chosen to suit that image, giving off the air of the lowest sort of drudge, and it seemed that she blended in well.  Submitting the form, she followed the other finished duelists as they too went into the building. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:47:56 pm »

Jacob shuffled through the line, a bored loom on his face. He knew he should have shown up earlier, but the temptation to sleep in was too strong. By the time he had arrived, the line was already fairly long. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally made it to the front and hurriedly filled out his paperwork. His handwriting was so rushed as to be almost illegible, but  he submitted his form and headed off towards where the other duelists seemed to be headed. He glanced at his duel disk as he walked, making sure his deck was secure in it. The duel disk wasn't ostentatious, but it had been painted black and had the kanji for Bushido written on it in white above the deck slot.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:27:04 am »

The paperwork for each of the contestants was looked over carefully, for most people the sectaries just nodded and sent them away to the next room. As Marin approached though the girl who looked over her paperwork paused for a second, she studied the woman's face trying to place where exactly she had seen her before. Eventually though the secretary simply sighed and gave her the same instructions as everyone else.

The room that they had been ushered into was gigantic, a great ballroom which at the very front had a stage. Above the stage the symbol of the corporation was emblazoned there, the motto 'For The People' carved proudly beneath it. The room was significantly less cramped than the entrance hall and actually had room to freely move about in. Looking over the crowd Sol saw plenty of people who he could challenge, the guards that were stationed at the doors though might have something to say about it if he started dueling inside this place.

As the last of the applicants finally came into the room another speaker came into life, "Please wait here for the vice-president to give his announcement, feel free to talk amongst yourselves while you wait"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 11:52:20 am »

Belle continued bouncing on her heels, glancing around the room and then sighing, a pouting frown creasing her face. "Aww, I thought I'd be done after the line... Come oooon, when will the duels start?" She compulsively shuffled her deck, getting increasingly impatient with the wait.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »

"Whenever they finish whatever process they are using to determine who will enter," Nathan answered the question he had heard spoken.  He glanced at the source out of the corner of his eye and saw a young girl.  "How old are you?"
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 12:31:06 pm »

Sol approaches Marin, a bit slowly. When he's within arm's reach of her, he speaks. "Excuse me miss.... But have we met before? You look.... REALLY familiar...."

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 02:25:05 pm »

Belle's glower softened slightly, and she glanced up at Nathan. "I'm 10 years old. Who're you?" She was definitely still pouting a bit, and her hands were a skilled blur as she shuffled and reshuffled her cards.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 02:36:42 pm »

Jacob took a moment to glance over the others in the room, sizing up the competition. He might try to talk to some of them in a bit, but for now his head was still a bit foggy from waking up.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 04:54:44 pm »

Belle's glower softened slightly, and she glanced up at Nathan. "I'm 10 years old. Who're you?" She was definitely still pouting a bit, and her hands were a skilled blur as she shuffled and reshuffled her cards.

Upon the kid asking of his name, Nathan thought, 'Likely would be dangerous to use my actual name. Might as well use the name I signed up with.'  He answered, "My name is John.  John Franklin."

'May want to stop by Vincent's sometime soon.' Nathan thought to himself.  'I've been using this one for quite awhile.  A changeover is due.'

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 09:22:42 pm »

Sol approaches Marin, a bit slowly. When he's within arm's reach of her, he speaks. "Excuse me miss.... But have we met before? You look.... REALLY familiar...."

Marin looked at Sol, her head tilted slightly to one side as though trying to think, but mentally, she was pretty sure she'd already placed him.  Goggles was what she had called him; she didn't know his actual name, but that distinctive headgear was pretty apparent.  She'd seen him once or twice in the lower slums, running errands for some legit business or another, some noble's brat with stars in his eyes and his head in the clouds.  "I dunno.  I've never been up this close to the main city before," she said with a ditzy expression and a slightly puzzled tone.  "I'm Dina, but y'can call me Dee."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9