Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 66379 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1
« Reply #945 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:36 pm »

: "Is this...is this really all you have?"

"... Make a request for kind of tomes if not happy..."

Nanoha stumble up to Luca's Arcana, her right arm currently hanging useless.
:"I going to need a light tome. Probable a lightning."

Luca goes to the back and brings out a fairly large Lightning tome. She points to the most recent price label appended with 200 gold marked down. She stops and looks at the wounded arm a bit, but says nothing about the lack of post-battle medical care.

The more river-drenched of the two scavengers spoke up first:
:"Wellll, let's see. I wanna sell all these things I took from the bandits, I could probably use another sword, aaaand do you happen to stock any, well... clothes?"

"Clothes? Afraid not, unless you fancy metal underwear, or paper trousers from my sister. You'd need a tailor or at least a merchant dealing in a broad range of merchandise. Swords on the other hand! Take a look at what I've still got in stock. I've already got deals in the works to acquire new stuff but it won't be here for at least a week or two. Of course it'd help if we knew more about what you all wanted... "

Barcus's Smithy
Iron Sword230gp
Scimitar460gp
Iron Rapier260gp
Steel Rapier380gp
Iron Blade270gp
Iron Dagger180gp
Steel Lance430gp
Iron Javelin240gp
Wing Clipper460gp
Iron Pike310gp
Iron Club300gp
Hatchet   190gp
Training Bow180gp
Bowgun280gp

"Luca and I can take requests for the kinds of gear you'd rather have. We can make some of it with the material at hand, but otherwise we'll have to acquire it using our trading partners, and that might take a while. Right now I've enough iron on hand to make.. probably 4 or 5 weapons, depending on how much each uses. I could also see about repairing some of your worn gear, like that there poker you're using. This will come out of the same iron stock but not as much as forging a new weapon from scratch. I think Luca can do something similar with the tomes but they all require special inks or some such, so similar situation on that front." He shrugs "If you could talk the Baron into it, we could use investments to start expanding our contacts' reach as well as resources. Would make it much easier to provide you all with the gear you'll need for war."
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:36 pm »

Everything taken care of Charles decided to hunt down Harold. He'd needed to inquire about "Red" and to see it was possible to gather anymore volunteers for the upcoming battle. He found him cleaning up the deceased bandits.

"Harold, I need to speak with you. In private preferably."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 29, 2015, 06:51:23 pm »

"As you wish, Baron."

Addressing Trakri. "Sir Vendison, the work crews seem to have everything on hand and the graves have been dug for the most part. I do not know if you wanted to bury the leader yourself, but I'll leave that as your decision."

He salutes in farewell before following his lord.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 30, 2015, 12:56:56 am »

: "Yes, um. I would like an Ancient tome. Perhaps...there was a curse invented by a great shaman named Doma. Would you perhaps know how to get your hands on a tome charged with that particular spell...?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 30, 2015, 05:50:51 am »

Nanoha hand over the 200 gold with her good arm.

:"Thank ya. Now I need to go see the other healer."

She move to find Cristoph.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 30, 2015, 09:16:00 am »

"Hm."

Dalaach was perusing the tomes, touching his mask with his gauntleted thumb as one would do when scratching their chin, and did not seem to acknowledge when Kristii's clothing troubles were brought up, though after the merchant said they have no clothes available, he stopped considering purchases and turned his attention to her.

"I have extra sets of robes." he said, motioning towards his own travel attire. Fancy-looking or not, it seemed resilient due to the mix of leather and heavy cloth. "I am willing to part with one of them."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 30, 2015, 09:21:56 am »

"Only one, huh? That's a shame. Well, Kristii, you probably need them more than I do."

Suddenly realising who she was speaking to, Lilie started slightly.

"Er, who exactly are you anyway?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 30, 2015, 09:26:40 am »

Kristii grabbed the robe, looking it over and feeling its heaviness.
:"Wow, nice, that's pretty tough! Yeah, sure, I'll take it, works better than anything else I expected to get."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 30, 2015, 09:31:16 am »

"Er, Kristii, what the hell are you doing? Why are you grabbing the poor man's clothes while he's wearing them?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 30, 2015, 09:33:54 am »

: "Yes, um. I would like an Ancient tome. Perhaps...there was a curse invented by a great shaman named Doma. Would you perhaps know how to get your hands on a tome charged with that particular spell...?"

"...Maybe. It's hard to find. I can find Ancient tomes though..."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:26 am »

:"Having his sleeve manhandled won't kill him."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 30, 2015, 01:23:25 pm »

"Er, who exactly are you anyway?"

"Dalaach." he simply replied, showing no apparent reaction to the short blond-haired girl giving his robes a hands-on examination. "I left most of my extraneous belongings in the keep."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2015, 09:46:12 pm »

"I'm sure you realized it but this attack was clearly a set up. Acacia and I found out someone named "Red" was behind it. Apparently an information broker by Westshire who's big and, shockingly, has a red beard. He also moves around a lot. Could I ask you t look into him?"

"Also, we've been volunteered by count Zhardif to go to war with another minor lord. If it's possible could you try and get some more help before we depart. I know it's asking a lot of you so you don't have to worry if you can't find anyone."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 30, 2015, 10:02:44 pm »

"Both pieces of news are disturbing. I will begin to make arrangements to acquire more men-at-arms, possibly mercenaries, as soon as possible. Tracking down the Brettian might be troublesome as my sources tend to be within the nation, but I will see what I can do."

"The Barony still requires some other decisions on your part as well. As this attack has shown, we are in stark need of replenishing our garrison, especially if you are going off to war. And decide what kind of force we should build in focus, quality, and strength. This will of course cost money... which leads me to the next matter: taxes. Currently the taxation rate is fair but we could attempt to increase it more, if that is your wish. We could also give the people some respite and lower it for the next season. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but in our current situation I believe increasing taxes may be the more suited course of action."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »

"Thank you for your continued service."

Charles paused to ponder the taxes question. He didn't really want to increase them right away, before the villagers even really liked him, but it was painfully obvious they needed more money if they- him, his retainers. the villagers- were going to be safe. He'd just lower it next season, when things were hopefully more stable. Besides, they'd probably understand paying more for protection after today, right?

"You're right. Currently we need money to secure our safety, and theirs as well. And it's as you said, we'll need to hire mercenaries for when we're not here. At least for now anyway."

"We'll raise the taxes for this season, and hopefully be secure enough come the next to lower them."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 67