Advanced search  

Poll

Place your bets:

Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!! (2 win)
Urist the Luchador!! (1 win)
Khoor the Rhino!!
Kogan the Coward!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 3 (signups always welcome)  (Read 15547 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 2 (signups always welcome)
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 08:42:41 pm »

Fight Number Three: Pregame Breakdown!!

Contestants
Fath: Female Jack-of-all-trades (1 win)
Equipment: bronze spear, copper shield, Bronze gauntlets
Skills: Master Speardwarf, Master Dodger, Master Fighter, Master Shielddwarf

Ares: Male Goliath
Equipment: copper shield, copper helm, copper breastplate, copper greaves, Bronze Axe
Skills:adequate shield user, adequate armor user, skilled fighter, master axedwarf, professional dodger

Ogedi: Male Sniper
Skills: Legendary Crossbowdwarf legendary archer competent dodger.
Equipment: Copper crossbow, 50 copper bolts.

Sarvesh: Male Turtle
Equipment: Copper Helm, Copper Gauntlets, Copper Low Boots, Copper Breastplate, Copper Greaves, Copper Shield
Skills: Expert Dodger, Expert Kicker, Adept Fighter, Adept Armor User, Adept Shield User.

"Welcome back to the second Arena Deathmatch!! The fight will commence in a day, but let us survey the competition!! Our four competitors are getting some last second training done, but I think it is time to introduce them. First, we have a veteran: Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!! Next, give it up for: Ares the Goliath!! Right after him, give a cheer for: Ogedi the Sniper!! And last, but not least: Sarvesh the Turtle!!  Before the fight starts, let us place our bets!! Who will win the next fight? Find out on Wedesday when the fight starts!!

*GM Note* I wont be able to do the battle until Wednesday. But At lease you can bet on the winner.

Results
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:30:58 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 09:12:58 pm »

close fight this time... at least it seemed so.
the tactic of biting body parts off then spitting them back is intriguing though!
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »

You have to admit it, Lonthorin is such a hero !

May the Gods keep your soul Lonthorin.

(Cool writing, thanks)
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »

You have to admit it, Lonthorin is such a hero !

May the Gods keep your soul Lonthorin.

(Cool writing, thanks)
Yes. I guess Women do have a higher tolerance of pain. I know I couldn't fight if I had:
1. My toe bit off
2. My Right arm cut off
3. A slash in my left leg
4. Every rib broken.
5. Everything bruised
6. The injuries I forgot

Yea, she was a beast.
But alas, you cannot breathe without lungs.  :(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:54:37 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »

I am really curious to see how this next match goes!
Also, I will remake my character soon. I'm really not sure what to make him, but I probably will do it tomorrow.

Rhodri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 02:49:40 am »

I just realized Urist McNoobington is a perfect example of the age-old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover".

Rhodri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 03:00:06 am »

I just realized Urist McNoobington is a perfect example of the age-old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover".

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 12:25:52 pm »

I take my leave. I will manage any new gladiators when I get back on Wednesday.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2015, 02:57:42 pm »

Ok lets hope in the next fight i don't get one of my legs chopped off.......Again!
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 03:11:56 pm »

Battle soon?
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2015, 04:45:26 pm »

Yes. I got back really early wednesday and slept almost the entire day. I didn't have it in me to do it. I'll do it today.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2015, 05:04:24 pm »

I know the feeling sleep is awesome
A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »

doing the battle now. Expect it in ~30 minutes.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 4 (signups always welcome)
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:24 pm »

Fight Number Three: Results

"Welcome again to the third Arena Deathmatch!! It is time to start the competition!! Our four competitors for today are warmed up and ready to try their luck at the arena. In the top corner, we have a returning victor: Fath the Jack-of-all-trades!! In the right corner, give it up for: Ares the Goliath!! Down at the bottom, give a cheer for: Ogadi the Sniper!! And last, but not least, in the right corner: Sarvesh the Turtle!! Let's hear it for these contestants!! And without further ado, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!"

"Without hesitation, Ogedi fires a bolt from his crossbow and hits Ares right in the leg tearing through armor, tendons, muscle, and all! Ares collapses to the ground before he even realizes that the battle has started! His deliriousness is clearly seen as he shouts 'has the tide turned? I am not scared!'"

"Meanwhile, Fath and Sarvesh start to run at each other. Ares, on the other hand, must have hit his head pretty hard because he starts crawling towards Fath and Sarvesh instead of trying to dispach his biggest threat, which is clearly Ogedi."

"Fath and Sarvesh begin an intricate dance as they skillfully avoid each other's attacks. Ares continues to crawl towards them, and Ogedi loads up for another shot."
"Ares regains his senses because he recognizes his injuries, saying 'i've been injured badly. There is no hope!' As he says this, Ogedi raises his crossbow and releases another deadly bolt at the slow, wallowing figure of ares. Ares manages to say 'Can it all end so quickly? Begone fear!' Before the bolt punctures his gut and sticks in place."

"Fath finally manages to slip past Sarvesh's defence and stabs him in the foot. Sarvesh collapses to the ground, his desperate punches have no force behind them, but Fath stabs his hand to stop them anyhow."

"Despite his injured hand, Sarvesh continues to try to punch Fath, to no avail. To stop him, Fath simply stabs his can completely off. Ogedi fires again at Ares, but his armor finally did some good as his helmet caused the shot to only fractures his skull, rather than penetrating it."

"Even though Fath was clearly winning hthe fight, Sarvesh showed his skill in his shield as he blocks three of Fath's four preceding attacks, and the only injury was in his already mutilated foot. But, Sarvesh is still unable to hit Fath, so survival is a fleeting chance"

"Just as Ogedi released another bolt, Fath succeeded as she Stabbed Sarvesh in his shield arm, rendering his shield useless. Without any protection, Sarvesh had no chance to avoid the thrust that would split his head in two."

"Oh! how terrible! Ares awoke just in time to see another just meters from his face before it stuck his leg and forced him back into unconsciousness. Even if he can somehow withstand this constant barrage, he won't withstand Fath, who is now charging at him at full speed."

"Fath and Ogedi race eachother to see who can finish off the all-but-dead figure, and Fath wins by cleaving Ares' head assunder right after Ogedi shot, but before the bolt reached Ares. Quite Humerously, right before Fath stabbed Ares, Ares' body got one last revenge by puking all over Fath." (I just realized that everybody in this Arena is Naked)

"That attempted shot at Ares might have been a fatal mistake because now he has only precious seconds to reload before Fath charges him. In his haste, Ogedi rushes his shot and misses the nimble figure to the left. His fate is now sealed, or is it?"

"Aye, and with that, Fath does her signature move of stabbing him in the foot, then in the head. Fath has won twice now! Is there anyone who can stop her?! The winner is Fath the Jack-of-all-trades"

Fath is the Winner

You may give Fath 160 points of upgrades, or remake her with 860 points. All other players may submit new characters for the arena. I will post the pregame breakdown tomorrow.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 3 (signups always welcome)
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2015, 12:18:42 am »

damn I really thought the marksdwarf would win..
all hail fath, queen of the arena
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6