Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 65828 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 2 Dreams of Blood
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2015, 07:09:46 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
birdy51: Cheeetar
flabort: spruce
origamiscienceguy: flabort
Peradon: Jack AT, Persus13, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar: Peradon

Long after the shadows grow long you continue to debate, and accuse. Some speak loud and long, others remain silent in contemplation.

In the end the votes are tallied, and it seems Peradon must die this day. He looks at all of you and shakes his head. "I have done what I can to aid us, but if I cannot convince you all of my innocence then I suppose the curtains will be drawn for this humble Illusionist. He walks calmly out with the guards to the execution platform and kneels resignedly before the hangman's noose."

"If you are not, as you say, a pawn of the forces of evil then I wish you well in the afterlife." The Baron's voice is stern but not unkind. He looks to the executioner. "Make it quick."

A kick of the stump and Peradon's neck snaps with an audible crack. The Baron inspects the body, but gets up after a bit shaking his head. "No, there is no taint of evil on him. I fear we have chosen poorly this day."

"Return to your homes, everyone. We must try again tomorrow, hopefully with better luck."

Night has fallen. Send in your Actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Night 2
« Reply #316 on: June 15, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »

Dawn arrives shrouded in fog. You awake, sleepy, but rouse yourself and head off to the Town Hall.

There, waiting for you, is the Baron and several of the Watch. When everyone has arrived he addresses the hall.

"Three more deaths last night. Two murders, birdy51 and Persus13, and one that seems to have been an animal attack; origamiscienceguy." He pauses to let the words sink in.

"After some investigation by the Watch, we have determined that birdy51 was, as he claimed, a loyal Priest of the town. His body was found, but like some of the others his head was not. Persus13 was a good an loyal Townsperson, and was slain in his bed by a thrust from a dagger as far as we can tell. origamiscienceguy..." he pauses for a moment. "It seems he was a Guard, but not as loyal as we would expect. We found this talisman to the
Sleeping God in his house. It seems he is part of that dread Cult, and we will not mourn his passing. As for his death, he was found a little ways into the forest and seems to have been mauled by one or more animals."

"You know what you must do. Root out the rest of this evil, so that our town can be safe again."

Day 3 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

spruce no longer has time for this game, and has requested a replacement.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #317 on: June 15, 2015, 01:56:06 pm »

I'm back everyone :)

WAIT! No! I'm not  :'(
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »

It was inevitable.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2015, 02:43:38 pm »

So a Cult kill, a third-party kill (which one?), and another third-party kill (maybe a vig kill?).

Looking at the people left, we have 7. At least one is Cult and one is the third-party killer. There could be one or two more Cultists(but hopefully just one more) in addition to the Cult killer (is that how the Cult works?). There could also be another third-party. This means that we have somewhere between two and five town left. Should we mass-claim today or wait until tomorrow?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2015, 06:18:53 pm »

OSG's death suggests we have a werebear. Whether of the PGO, Vig, or SK variants, I don't know.
Birdy's death is like the cult kill we've seen, so he was killed by scum. FYI, no graves were disturbed in the night, probably having to do with the fact that kills go off before rez's. It also seems he was telling the truth about being a priest, and was correct about OSG's role, but not his alignment.
Persus's death is akin to the other previous night kill, which I think someone said it was most likely a town Vig.

We now have 7 players left and theoretically 3 killing roles from the three deaths last night. Everyone who claimed so far except me is dead now. There's at least one other cultist, as TDS said. I agree with his assessment that there are between 2 and 5 town members left, and think that 4 and 5 are most likely.
The remaining players are: Jack A T, Flabort, TheDarkStar, Roo, Spruce(replacing out), Cheetar, and Tiruin.

Everyone: Reads and claims, please.

My new reads for today: If there turns out to be a charismatic cultist, I'd put Jack A T down as being my suspect for converted. Otherwise he leans town.
Flabort Is me. I'm a town sexton, the graveyard is under my care. So far nothing has happened during the night to me.
Spruce Has some valid suspicions about some players, mainly me and Birdy, but does more speculation and records-keeping than scum-hunting. Still does a little. Out of all active players, the most town-ish besides me.
Cheeetar First things first he votes Birdy, who turned out to be town. He justifies it with Birdy's lack of votes on suspects. Does hold up his stated preference of going after people one at a time by focusing first on Birdy, then on Persus. He then asks about... millers? Probably asking if there's a safe fake-claim if someone inspected him as scum. Really doesn't accomplish much. Lean scum.
Jack A T Correctly predicts cult. Was part of the Peradon lynch, based on Peradon's faulty logic. I can't find much evidence of him being outright scummy, but his day 2 play does feel lacking compared to his day 1 play in terms of scum-hunting.
TheDarkStar Also voted for Peradon for his faulty explanation and logic. Only his entire day was spend entirely on Peradon, and very loosely. Lean tunnely scum.
Tiruin Still nothing. At this stage of the game I Request that she be poked or replaced.
Roo Zip. Nothing. Nada. Please Poke or replace.
(Partial FoS's on Tir and Roo because I have no way of knowing whether I should suspect them.)

Cult Kill We know that the beheading kill is the cult kill, or at least can suspect it. Toonyman and Birdy were both targeted by the scum team; what would a motivation analysis turn up?
Mystery Killer 1 Deus Asmoth and Persus13 is the common link here. If this player is a vig like is to be believed, then the killer is probably someone who suspected both these players. 
Mystery Killer 2 OSG, the victim of this kill, was scum. While the flavor indicates to me that it's a werebear who did the killing, we don't know if they're town and got targeted by OSG or if they're an SK and attacked OSG.

flabort: What do you think of your own math? Is it characteristic of your play in other games?
I know my math is flawed. I had an image of a 3D graph in my head, but I couldn't draw it, so I tried to describe it with numbers; Z, X, and Y, which would produce a 3D graph. But I couldn't get the equation just right either, so I ballparked it. It's still reflective on how I feel, and still good enough.
As far as it being characteristic, yes. I have played relying heavily on numbers as evidence before. Here is an example of me using numbers to play the game from the previous Supernatural mafia.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2015, 06:43:45 pm »

So do we think this cult is a converting cult or a flavour cult? I'm thinking converting cult because of the second post Meph made which stated:
Scum and 3rd party role information is not going to be posted in the thread.

Potential Town Roles
  • Guard - the Guard can lock someone in their house and stand guard through the night. This keeps them in, and others out. At least as long as the guard is around.
Am I being too literal?

Flabort, would you please state your case against me so I can make some sort of progress towards telling you why you're wrong?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »

Being of little substance, trying to get townies lynched, and looking for a safe fake-claim.
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2015, 06:47:21 pm »

Weak, lame, confusing. I don't buy your arguments one bit.

Mephansteras: Is it possible for a scum to start with one of the potential town roles and their alignment as scum?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2015, 06:51:31 pm »

Mephansteras: Is it possible for a scum to start with one of the potential town roles and their alignment as scum?
How the... what the heck is this question?! The answer will clearly be yes, just look at OSG's flip. This just seems to me to be exactly like your question about a Miller. And no, there haven't been Millers in Supernatural to my knowledge, and no, I don't think you could be a miller AND have another power. Stop looking for fake-claims.
The Cyan Menace

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »

Yes, most town roles can also be scum.
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2015, 07:03:53 pm »

Alright. I'm claiming Werebear that acts like a paranoid war vet from Paranormal (kills anyone who targets me with a night action). I tried to look as much like an investigative role as possible yesterday-

I also knew that if I was trying to make people think I was an investigative role, I'd have to have investigated somebody the night before- my plan was to immediately target somebody (as if I had investigated them as scum) and then later confess doubt and wonder a lot about millers- I didn't count on the day to ending quite so quickly, though.

A person with a spear came near me house last night. I'm not sure if they were there to kill me or guard me, but I find it hard to believe that the scum would have two nightkills. I find it very odd that a member of the scum tried to guard me.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2015, 07:05:34 pm »

No, wait, guard is more like a jailer than a doctor. In that case, Origamiscienceguy was trying to keep me locked up and stop me 'investigating' people. Flabort is likely his scummate given the immediate beeline after day start. Time to go over what Flabort's been posting.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 2 Dreams of Blood
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2015, 07:23:57 pm »

Flabort voted for OSG Day 1 (only person to do so), OSG voted for... nobody. Day 2, Flabort voted for OSG again, and OSG voted for nobody. Of note is that Flabort has been constantly claiming to see OSG as scummy, but never really pushed a solid case against him. In light of OSG's reveal as scum, it seems more like distancing than anything else.

Birdy51 did this amazing thing that I can't really match at the moment. The soft hunting is most pertinent. Flabort doesn't seem to have found me suspicious Day 2 while I was doing all those scummy things, but is now suspicious Day 3 (now that OSG, the person he was very lazily and softly tunneling is dead).

Uh-huh. Thank you for your reads. They were insightful. Now let's get this party on the road here, shall we?  I've got a third claim to make this day.

Flabort. You are scum. Here is why.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »

I hate to quad post, but I also have to ask: Did anybody alive get jailed Night 1? Scum already know who they targeted, so revealing that you got jailed doesn't do anything but give more information to town.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42