Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 856899 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: Arthropoid Martial Arts!
« Reply #5175 on: May 15, 2018, 04:14:23 pm »

What is BFE?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: May 15, 2018, 04:34:27 pm »

What is BFE?

Bumfuck Egypt, rudespeak for "the middle of nowhere". Don't ask why Egypt; I don't know.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: May 15, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »

Bumfuck is also located in Ohio, Idaho, Texas and Iowa. BFE is apparently military jargon, at least originally.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: May 16, 2018, 01:16:24 pm »

So, can I take a bunch of snakes about to go into hibernation, get them comfy in this bag, wait for them to go to sleep, and then tie them together to have months of unbreakable snake twine?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: May 16, 2018, 01:57:23 pm »

*8 hours
Black lives matter.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: May 16, 2018, 02:02:25 pm »

Typically, but it specifically said "as long as they normally sleep", which is typically, but not always, 8 hours for people, but probably longer for hibernators.
Hey, does the bag work on trancing elves?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:50 pm »

Yeah, he said ‘as long as they usually sleep’ without giving a specific time limit. I suppose the first question one might ask is, can they be physically interacted with (in the context of the snakes, obviously) or if it’s like a typical cryosleep chamber where you’re completely enclosed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: May 16, 2018, 02:32:22 pm »

Yeah, he said ‘as long as they usually sleep’ without giving a specific time limit. I suppose the first question one might ask is, can they be physically interacted with (in the context of the snakes, obviously) or if it’s like a typical cryosleep chamber where you’re completely enclosed.

That would be a problem, except for the following clarification:

Bedroll of Deep Slumber: Nothing says you can’t pull them out of the bedroll and then stab them.
Sure it does. When they fall asleep on the bedroll, they're immune to harm for 8 hours. Getting moved off the bedroll, fired out of a cannon and falling into an active volcano doesn't change that. So long as you fall asleep on the bedroll, you gain its benefits. What happens after you're asleep is the !!FUN!! part.

Snakes have so many possibilities. Invincible ropes. Unbreakable woven armor. The Dungeons and Dragons Space Elevator could be constructed from knotted snakes- their unlimited tensile strength granted them by this wondrous artifact. There are probably some other hibernators that would work well, but the formfactor of snakes makes them incredibly versatile as a material.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: May 16, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

They still will eventually wake up, so probably not a space elevator unless you are okay with it breaking apart eventually.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: May 16, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »

Unless you somehow keep them under very long term hibernation? Like say, cryosleep?

Anyways, it’s up to the DM (jimmy in this case) to decide how far they’re willing to let the item be abused for its properties.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: May 16, 2018, 02:44:41 pm »

Perform coma inducing brain surgery on the bedroll. Transform all manner of woodland creatures into eternally slumbering and invincible building materials.

Sure, the success rate isn't going to be great, but you need to spike snakes to make the great space snekavator.
---

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: May 16, 2018, 02:50:12 pm »

Perform coma inducing brain surgery on the bedroll. Transform all manner of woodland creatures into eternally slumbering and invincible building materials.

Sure, the success rate isn't going to be great, but you need to spike snakes to make the great space snekavator.

I think surgery is included in the ‘immune to physical damage’ part. While it wouldn’t likely involve hit points anyway, if you can’t stab the sleeping critter with a sword, it makes sense that a scalpel wouldn’t do anything either.

Anyways, I was thinking of the cryosleep type solution, not the ‘make them braindead’ solution.

Edit:making them comatose before you put them in could still be viable....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:53:34 pm by smjjames »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: May 16, 2018, 02:52:38 pm »

I think surgery is included in the ‘immune to physical damage’ part. While it wouldn’t likely involve hit points anyway, if you can’t stab the sleeping critter with a sword, it makes sense that a scalpel wouldn’t do anything either.

You misunderstand my level of calculated cruelty. Immunity to physical damage is only while the enchant is active. There's nothing to keep you from spiking the creature quickly while it's awake on the bedroll, and letting the pain and brain damage send into unconsciousness. Aim well, and it shan't wake up.
---

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: May 16, 2018, 02:55:18 pm »

Or do it before putting them in the bedroll, as I realized in my edit.

I suppose it’d be up to jimmy as far as how it deals with something like that.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: May 16, 2018, 03:06:39 pm »

Just tie the snakes together with knots.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 623