Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 337312 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1410 on: November 18, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

((Wait how am I gonna hold it then? I've got no grasping things.
...put it in one of my pockets perhaps?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 18, 2015, 02:12:41 pm »

((Wait how am I gonna hold it then? I've got no grasping things.
...put it in one of my pockets perhaps?))

((Facegun is life. Embrace facegun.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 18, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »

To: JManderley//UNATCO.00013.76490
Cc: ANavarre//UNATCO.9954.1131
Subject: Skul-gun

Might I sugest agin, a skul-gun for my head. Yesterday in Battery Park, some scum we all know pushes smack for NSF gets jumpy and draws. I take 2 .22's, 1 in flesh, 1 in augs, befor I can get out that dam asalt gun.

If I could kil just by thought, it would be beter. Is it my job to be a human target-practis backstop?

Gunther Hermann
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 18, 2015, 02:25:00 pm »

((Wait how am I gonna hold it then? I've got no grasping things.))

((I'm not sure you have to actually "hold" it. If, heaven forbid, I were Xan, I would press the side of my leg against the gun, let it cut the skin there and draw some blood. Establish connection this way. Engravings, which are the cutting lines, apparently, are all over the thing.))

-snip-
((Was... Was that first Deus Ex game reference?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:39 pm »

-snip-
((Was... Was that first Deus Ex game reference?))

((A gold star for you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 18, 2015, 07:43:04 pm »

((Oh, I see the root of my confusion- PW said that John tripped, and fired his gun as he fell. I took that to mean he had tumbled over the edge, not that he was just faceplanting. That would change Hyenakles' position on the whole "is John gonna die" question.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 19, 2015, 02:00:57 am »

((We'll all pretend that you helped too. That overshot was that powerful exactly because everyone believed it would be. Somewhat makes sense.))

Spoiler: Some more fanart (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:49:19 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1417 on: November 20, 2015, 01:26:42 pm »

"Well, that ought to teach the bloody bastards a lesson. Fruitify our comrades, will they? Bastardly things."

Now, is our retreat still of the fighting sort or does this take care of all of them for now?
You've evaded your pursuers. Would you like for the war beast to just barrel on through to the next area or is one of you gonna take the reigns and guide it in, so to speak?

((Huh. I actually thought that gun was an automatic for some reason.))
Is it? I always had it in my head as a revolver, but now that you mention it, I seem to remember describing it otherwise before...hmm.
OHWELLHELLMAGICWHATCHAGONNADO.

((Sooooo should I act like I had a revolver all along, for the ease of interaction? I can roll with a revolver, really.))

John just kinda lies there, breathing in and out rather loudly. Then he sits and looks down at his stumps, then at his gun. There is a mix of emotions on his face, mostly positive ones - amazement with what just happened, joy of escaping painful death, ambition even, when his sight follows patterns engraved on a gun. He looks at his legs with less enthusiasm, but given how his sight is reaching into the pile of raw material in the building, he is probably sketching himself some simple prosthetics already. He wiggles his stumps a little, ensuring himself he still has knees. He smiles at that.

He opens his mouth and tries to say something, but starts coughing instead. When he stops and tries to talk again, he sounds different, hoarse, as if he'd smoke a pack a day since his school years. Probably should've kept his mouth shut during that fiery display he just had.

- I still got a few miles ahead of me before I'm changing my ride, - he taps himself on chest lightly when referring to "his ride".
- Stay sharp, they aren't all gone yet. Even though I doubt they are going to fuck with us... with me anymore

Go Crawl drink some gas. Pass empty gun to Xan. Then see if we have wooden blocks about foot long and metal straps capable of bending with human strength lying around.
If some mofos are still after us, get that rifle and start shooting.

You crawl across the deck and into the barracks on the back. You get yourself a jerry can of fuel and chug a good amount. You feel...well you honestly felt pretty ok before, but you feel just dandy now.

You find wood around, but no good metal that you can bend.

...interesting.

Xankarvo walks over to John.

"Grab onto my torso, that'll do in the absence of any prosthetics for now."

Form the Amputee Voltron! Then get back into cover, of course.
Unless there's still some pursuing us in which case stay in cover.

Never mind that, stay in cover and take John's gun. Hold it - BY THE GRIP NOT WITH THE BARREL POINTING ANYWHERE NEAR ME - in my mouth, since I can't currently hold shit with my disabled/missing arms. Don't cut my throat or anything on the sharp edges; maybe instead hold it by the safest non-sharp part I can. Or just have John put it in my pocket. Yeah do that.
I'm gonna assume it gets pocketed before you accidently tongue the trigger and we have torso Xan, the most angry nubblet wizard. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 20, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »

((I can no longer withstand the urge.  PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 20, 2015, 01:40:14 pm »

((While being the most accurate rendition of Monty Python's Black Knight I've pulled off thus far would be pretty fucking funny, I do think it's for the best the gun gets pocketed.
MY GUN NOW NEVER GETTING IT BACK MEMEHEHEMEHMEHEMEHWMWJEJJWE))

Xan ventures to the closest seat and sits down in it, looking toward the collapsed tower of the Most High.

"I don't know if that fucking heart is dead or not, but it is good to see its home destroyed.

Have you been told anything in particular about the gun that would explain its power and versatility?"

He looks again toward the collapsed spire.

"Shame Tarmac had to die. He was the only one left who shared my oath to find the First Heaven. I'll keep it for as long as I'm able to, of course, but what's the use of a shared oath with only yourself to keep it with?"

He gazes about at his disparate companions. An armless car wanderer, a selfish hyena, a rather amicable bird... they might do.

"Would any of you be interested in joining me in my oath? There's power in such things."

Chillax now that we're out of danger, extend offer to join my blood pact.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 20, 2015, 01:44:35 pm »

"What oath is that, good chap? And what's this first heaven business?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 20, 2015, 01:57:42 pm »

((While being the most accurate rendition of Monty Python's Black Knight I've pulled off thus far would be pretty fucking funny, I do think it's for the best the gun gets pocketed.
MY GUN NOW NEVER GETTING IT BACK MEMEHEHEMEHMEHEMEHWMWJEJJWE))

An armless car wanderer

((There is sort of a figure of speech in Russian language: where are you going to go from a submerged submarine? In our case, that is translated into this: where are you going to go with it, with no arms and no loaded rounds in it, while the rightful owner has you on rifle sights almost constantly?))

I beg your pardon, the only one without arms is Xankarvo - John has no legs.))

- So you fellas had that oath, huh? So far it only brings death to those involved, have you considered that, Xankarvo?
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 20, 2015, 02:01:34 pm »

"Back before this whole journey started, there were a bunch of us in this shitty motel on the side of the Hellway. Me, Tarmac, some other people including a gigantic purple and green gorilla and such. All dead - or dead as you get in the afterlife - but for me now.

We had several drinks, or something. I can't recall too clearly. But we figured that if there were so many infinite heavens and hells, there had to be a start to them somewhere, right? A First Heaven, or First Hell. A First God that started it all. So we joined in resolve to find that place and that being. What we would do once we got there was up to us, but we swore to get there. And now that I know what I do about faith having power in this place, the ceremony of an official oath, while it might seem pointless, may grant us additional aid in our quest to get where we're going.

Besides, it's not like there's much else to do amidst these endless fucking wastelands."

- So you fellas had that oath, huh? So far it only brings death to those involved, have you considered that, Xankarvo?
"You might as well say fire brings burns. Of course travelling across the afterlife is a risky business."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 20, 2015, 02:10:27 pm »

"You might as well say fire brings burns. Of course travelling across the afterlife is a risky business."

John looks at his own stumps, at his burns, then at Xankarvo's boneless arm and burnt shoulder; he grins.

- No shit Sherlock.

He looks at the landscape of the plane they were about to leave behind.

- Infinite Heavens are full of roads. I might as well try and hit some of those along with you fellas, the ones that will lead you to your destination.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 20, 2015, 02:10:50 pm »

"As risky a business as anything can be to an undying soul, you mean."

"Truthfully, good chap, I'm just looking for some mountains and fine bearded vulture women. If there is a First Heaven, odds are some twat like the fruity hearts man lives there. So you'll have to forgive me if I'll settle for the first place that meets my exacting standards instead. Ought to be one of those somewhere along the way, don't you think?"
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 241