Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Dragon Ball B: IC Thread (Does this remind you of anything?)  (Read 3451 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Matilda Ardell

You slowly approach the sign-ups for this year's Tenkaichi Budokai. You trained really hard these past few months with the Mentor, all to make sure you could, at the very least, come close to winning. You can't help but wonder if learning to shoot beams of energy from your hands and such wasn't overdoing it, though, just a little bit... Nah. If the rest didn't train as much as you, then obviously they didn't deserve the prize money: 500,000 Zeni! Oh, just think of all the things you can buy with that... You really should hurry though, all that training will be pointless if you can't even get into the pre-eliminaries, let alone the main tournament.

Dr. Andrew Axal

Ah, the Tenkaichi Budokai... The tournament that, every year, you have attended. After finding Giro's notes, you discovered how to make yourself into a partial cyborg, even if you've only done anything with your arm. Oh, and you made some ki batteries. That was neat. Nonetheless, you've come to watch the Tenkaichi Budokai every year in the hopes of finding other people capable of using ki so that you can dissect them in your laboratorytalk to them. Yes, talk to them... You don't dissect people anymore, after all.

Regardless, the entrance is just up ahead, and you have your ticket in your left pocket. Front seats! It was really quite expensive, but you need to be able to observe the fights properly for your research.

Blake Sullivan

The Tenkaichi Budokai… The perfect event for betting and then getting drunk off your ass, not that you need a special event for that. Besides which, just this once, that’s not what you’re here for. You’re here to sign up and test your ability to shoot lasers out of your hands to it’s fullest, and what better way than against some of the best fighters around? Naturally, you’re walking towards the signups. Need to get there before all the spots for the pre-eliminaries are taken, otherwise how are you to find out just how well this power of yours works? Well, how else are you to find out without involving, say, the cops, at least.

Ateyo

The pod of you and your partner, Courne, silently follow behind Raditz’s pod. Pree sent you here after discovering Vegeta sent him out, and sent both of you just in case. Raditz was easily the weakest of Vegeta’s group, but even then, neither you, nor Pree and definitely not Courne knew his actual power level, and Pree couldn’t take any chances. Sending both of you was just safer, after all, even if it didn’t sit well with you. How were you to become a conqueror if you couldn’t even handle something simple like this without a partner? Nevertheless, there was no arguing with Pree, at least, not if you liked having all your ribs intact. So you stayed quiet, and here you a-huh. Is that planet Raditz’s destination? At this range, none of your equipment can really identify it, but Raditz’s pod seems to have gained a burst of speed. Whatever it is he, or Vegeta, is looking for there, he’s obviously in a bit of a hurry to get it.

Courne

Your pod follows Ateyo’s, who in turn is following Raditz. You were on a small job, genociding a planet in sector B3 when you received a message from Pree, regarding a mission she had for you… “Follow Raditz and find out why Vegeta sent him to… wherever it is he’s heading,” she said, and you listened because you quite liked having intact ribs and you knew for a fact Pree was way stronger than you. And oh look, you’re approaching some backwater planet and Raditz’s pod has gained a burst of speed. Why would Vegeta send Raditz to some random planet like this…? Your equipment can’t identify the planet quite yet, unfortunately, and you can’t afford to speed up, either. While Raditz’s pod hasn’t detected you yet, there’s little doubt it would the moment you sped up, and you’re not quite sure where you stand in comparison to Raditz, or he in comparison to you.

Spoiler: Power Levels (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:59:32 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball B: IC Thread (Does this remind you of anything?)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:55:17 am »

Matilda speeds up into a run and quickly approaches the sign-up center.
Man, I can't wait until I see the looks on their faces when I start shooting laser beams at them, it'll be hilarious.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:56:57 am »

Blake confidently strolls across the hall towards the sign-up center.
This ought to be fun. A good old-fashioned tumble, no-holds barred. Even if you aren't allowed to be drunk when you're actually fighting...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:37:20 am »

Matilda speeds up into a run and quickly approaches the sign-up center.
Man, I can't wait until I see the looks on their faces when I start shooting laser beams at them, it'll be hilarious.
She gets to the sign-up center, and is faced with a relatively tall, but thin, man. He doesn't look up from his clipboard.
"Name?"
Blake confidently strolls across the hall towards the sign-up center.
This ought to be fun. A good old-fashioned tumble, no-holds barred. Even if you aren't allowed to be drunk when you're actually fighting...
Blake is, unfortunately, forced to wait behind a shorter girl.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:38:29 am »

"Your dream girl. Reowr. Matilda Ardell."
Matilda idly bounces on her heels.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:39:16 am »

Blake crosses her arms and taps her feet rhythmically, waiting for her turn.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:43:52 am »

"Great to hear. Just sign along the dotted line. I am, of course, required by law to tell you that this can result in potentially-fatal injuries. If you have any rare diseases, such as heart conditions, we are not responsible for any events which may cause them to act up yada yada yada, the full details are on this here paper."
The guy takes a piece of paper from his clipboard and, along with a pen, hands it to Matilda. It has all sorts of legal things on it, along with a dotted line at the bottom which, beside it, has a large SIGN HERE along with an arrow pointing at said line.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:46:16 am »

"Yeah, I know the rules. Read them off the internet a few days ago. Thanks for the reminder, I guess."
She does, in fact, skim the legal things and SIGN HERE.
"Hey, isn't the giant arrow and 'SIGN HERE' a little excessive?"
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:07 am »

"You would be surprised how necessary it is... Some of the people who come here needed my help spelling their own name."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:16 am »

"I'm... I'm not even going to ask. I'll just ignore that while wondering how the hell it's possible."
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 08:52:19 am »

"They're not very smart. Unfortunately, they also seemed to be 100% pure muscle, and if I thought I could take them I wouldn't be doing this. Now, if you wouldn't mind signing...? There seems to be someone behind you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 08:54:20 am »

"I did sign."
Matilda points to the clipboard that is now on the counter, with 'Call me' and a phone number 'Matilda Ardell' written where one would sign.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 08:56:15 am »

"Hm. You're pretty fast, then. Now, move along. Go to the pre-eliminary hall, and have fun."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 08:57:51 am »

Matilda grins.
"I try. See you after I win, Mr... Person whose name I don't know."
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 08:58:39 am »

"And it'll probably stay that way. I doubt you'll see me again. Now, miss...?"
He looks at Blake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6