Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interest Check- Danganronpa RP  (Read 1789 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Interest Check- Danganronpa RP
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »

Danganronpa is a series of visual novels based around the premise of the most skilled students in their field; referred to as Super High School Level/Ultimate Students- going to an academy and suddenly being overrun by the entity Monokuma, who subjects them to the Mutual Killing Game.

In effect, all the students must kill each other. The survivor gets to leave.

Basically, the players would be playing Ultimate Students, masters of their skill; whether it is something mundane, such as being the Ultimate Chef, or something esoteric, such as being the Ultimate Princess. Their job is to survive and escape the Mutual Killing Game before they are all murdered, all the while solving cases of murders among the student body.

Preferably, of course, the players escape while most of them are still alive.

In effect, the rules would be as thus:
1. There would be three phases per ingame day.
-The Morning phase, where players will be gathered in a hub to be talked to by Monokuma(or equivalent) and potentially discuss evidence, murders and other things. Any murders committed at Night will be declared here.
-The Day phase, where players are free to do as they wish, including and up to murdering another player.
-The Night phase, where players are gathered in a hub and sent to their dorms again. Any murders committed in Morning and Day phase will be declared here if not found by a player prior. Murders can be committed in the Night phase, but will only be detected in the morning.
2. Murders committed will not be automatically announced. A murder committed, whether player-made or NPC-made, will only be declared during the Night/Morning phase unless discovered by a player.
3. Once a murder is discovered, every player will be gathered in automatically, regardless of phase to discuss.
4. Once the gathering is over, the game regardless of time will enter Investigation phase. All players must now find and locate evidence relating to the murder and decide if said evidence is relevant. This evidence can be anything from a physical piece of evidence to a verbal confession recorded. Once all players deem all possible evidence to be gathered and one informs Monokuma(or the equivalent entity), the Trial phase will begin.
5. During Trial, all players will gather in and discuss the evidence, discussing their reasons for believing one character is the murderer.
6. Once all arguments for and against all potential suspects' innocence have been made and a suspect declared, it will be determined if the players succeeded in finding the murderer.
7. If the players are correct, the murderer will be executed (and if a PC, will be out of the game). If the players are wrong, however, everyone except the murderer is executed.
8. If the murder was in fact a suicide, nobody is executed.
9 (possibly). Players may be allowed to murder other players or NPCs. (NPCs will never murder PCs). However, it will be mediated with the GM, with both the murder victim and the murderer, and if the PC is caught, they will be subject to the same punishment as NPC murderers.

Well, did I miss anything? Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I allow PC murders? Anything else?*

*Yes, I realise how similar this is to Mafia. The difference is that Mafia has pre-defined roles aside from 'potential murderer/innocent' and is probably going to be far less hectic than this knowing the GM. And is a lot more structured than this crap. :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:21:39 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check- Danganronpa RP
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:22:17 pm »

Interest!
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »

I'd be up for it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:41:48 pm »

Rule 7 worries me. If we get it wrong, that means everyone who accused dies. That seems a little bit odd. Uhhh, in fact, it means that you'd be much better off just murdering everyone else instead of trying to solve murders. Perhaps give it some penalty besides death/expulsion from game. Either way, I'm in.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:59 pm »

In. I call SHL Gamer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:48:07 pm »

Rule 7 worries me. If we get it wrong, that means everyone who accused dies. That seems a little bit odd. Uhhh, in fact, it means that you'd be much better off just murdering everyone else instead of trying to solve murders. Perhaps give it some penalty besides death/expulsion from game.
I would do that, but it gives you all incentives to very carefully look at your evidence, motives, and arguments before you accuse people of murder. After all, if you die by getting the wrong person executed, then you had better get that damn argument right.

Also, you will always be able to catch the killer, as there will always be evidence, motive and so-on provided.
In. I call SHL Gamer.
Chiaki expy inbound

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 05:49:59 pm »

In. I call SHL Gamer.
Chiaki expy inbound
I can't do a Chiaki expy due to not owning a PS Vita and therefore not being able to play the second game.

Also, I assume the game will restart, possibly with new characters, if everyone is executed?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 05:52:13 pm »

If everyone is executed, I will do a reset to when the murder is found and give you people a second chance to find the real killer. This applies to all murders, and the second chance will be given for each murder.

If THEN you don't do it, then the murderer wins and you get to roll up new characters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »

IN
DIBS ON SHL FLIRT SOMETHING
Black lives matter.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »

Interesting. But it would require me being a SHL Roleplayer IRL to actually sign up. So I shall be watching this instead.

For those who might be interested in reading it or are otherwise unfamiliar with Danganronpa - have a LP of Danganronpa 1 and 2 (the second one has been canceled during the 3rd chapter due to the English release).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:14:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »

I'll probably need those, as I'm more familiar with 2 than 1. (Nanami is bae, yo)
:P

Alright, I'll see about starting an RP of this in the next couple of days. Do feel free to suggest improvements and such.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 08:08:16 pm »

I would be very much interested. Too bad I wont be available for a month or two.... Gah........
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 08:24:23 pm »

Color me interested.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 07:53:53 am »

I would be very much interested. Too bad I wont be available for a month or two.... Gah........
I still don't even know if I'm running this or not, as I want to refine the rules first.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 11:30:17 am »

Well, if I'm available if or when you run it, count me in.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: [1] 2