Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159080 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Design
« Reply #1695 on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:20 pm »

+1 to radio. It is huge boost to coordination and to calling artillery and air strikes.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:20 pm »

AS-G27: Having previously made landmines and mortars, grenades are no problem for Arstotzkan engineers. The basic AS-G27 is is an oblong ball that fits comfortably in the hand, and when a ring is pulled, this starts a four-second fuze. The casing breaks into fragments when it explodes. The AS-G27I is incendiary, the AS-G27S deploys smoke. The AS-G27AT is cylinder shaped, with magnets on one end. It contains a hemispherical shaped charge. A soldier can penetrate medium armor with it, but they have to run right up to a tank to stick one on. The amount of chemicals needed for grenades gives them a cost of Oil 2. Each grenade weighs around a kilogram.

The "AS-IG27V1" is also available to your troops, but it's less effective than the G27I.

You got Basic Shaped Charges.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 06, 2015, 06:46:39 pm »

Assuming we use the Expense credit on our tanks and it reopens mobility in the Jungle, a radio would actually be useful when it comes to co-ordinating this new mobility advantage.

Revise radio.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 06, 2015, 06:49:19 pm »

Radio

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 06, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »

Research radio, credit on tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 06, 2015, 06:53:18 pm »

Expense credit on tanks. (We really need to give our men a cheap CQC weapon. They probably hate us for taking to so long to make one. :P)

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »

in the interest of a quick revision

radio

undeniably useful, a general improvement in all fields. Not specific, but it works.

Also, we got shaped charges! now our anti tank reigns supreme! if only some design besides the grenade used it :P Still, at least in the jungle I can see that being used. Less in the mountains, depending on how close our soldiers can get. As in, any overhangs above their road?

credit on tanks

Andres, for what is worth, grenades ARE a CQC weapon. Just as long as the close quarters are SMG range and not sword range. We shall see their effectivenes

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1927 Revision
« Reply #1702 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:43 pm »

Revise radio.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1703 on: August 06, 2015, 06:58:13 pm »

Spoiler: 1927 (click to show/hide)
DINGDINGDING WE HAVE A WINNNER. We got all them grenades and even the molotov! I think our troops will call it Emilovich Cocktail though.
The AT grenade was crossbreed with the magnetic mine, which pleases me.
Glory! GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:46:33 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 06, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »

Andres, for what is worth, grenades ARE a CQC weapon. Just as long as the close quarters are SMG range and not sword range. We shall see their effectivenes
They're only useful in a supporting role. What we lack is a main CQC weapon to equip our soldiers with.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1705 on: August 06, 2015, 07:33:36 pm »

They're only useful in a supporting role. What we lack is a main CQC weapon to equip our soldiers with.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Take enough and they will become main weapon. Just imagine our glorious soldiers carrying bunches of those all over their uniforms and throwing them at everything, ALL the time.
EDIT: They could also use them at sword range, all they need to do is to not lose their fingers before pulling the pin. After all, they're dead anyway if enemy is at sword range, so they can at least try to die an glorious death.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:43:33 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »

Dammit i wanted motor bike squads to have RPG's to joust at tanks with.
Oh well we have need grenades for years and it should help counter there smg.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1707 on: August 06, 2015, 08:58:14 pm »

Dammit i wanted motor bike squads to have RPG's to joust at tanks with.
Oh well we have need grenades for years and it should help counter there smg.
They can now charge enemy tanks with magnetic anti-tank grenades for maximum glory.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 06, 2015, 08:59:12 pm »

Its still our SMG, remember? They stole it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 07, 2015, 12:11:40 am »

Revise Radios to make separate broadcasting and receiving units, put broadcasting units on the planes if it will not effect performance too much and equip soldiers and tanks with both.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 217