Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 153832 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1930 Design
« Reply #2385 on: August 14, 2015, 06:34:21 pm »

One thing I'll ask though; is belt-fed smgs actually a thing? I'll only support it if you give evidence that it was, otherwise I agree with the hollowpoints idea.
I just did another search and realised that that the belt feed referred to the new belt-fed variation of the AC18. My bad. Still, I wonder if it's possible.

Edit: if we revise the SMG, why not add a forward grip like on the Thomson? It should increase maniability, which is what we're after for CQC. Maybe add some aluminium to make it lighter?
SMGs are already light enough but a forward grip might be useful.

What about the cheap plane crowd?
Cheap planes would've been useful in open fields where artillery and vehicles were more of a threat. It might still get some use in the Jungle and moreso in the Mountains but revising other things will give us bigger advantages.

No.

Stealing means 50% succes and they have a spy revision credit, which they will use for counterespionage if they notice we're not developping optics.Besides, even if it is succesfull it would only be usefull after next turn.

We'd certainly lose the mountains.
This, but if we succeeded the optics we'd steal would be Very Expensive due to imperial measurements and thus won't be numerous enough to help us in the Mountains.

So guys, are we sure that hollow points are the way to go? Moskurg uniforms do come with armour and hollow points aren't good at penetrating armour. We could add a foregrip for increased accuracy or a belt feed to lower the amounts of time our men need to reload. The foregrip would be less ambitious, though.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:36:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 14, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »

Ok, for SMG revision:

1:Make it cheaper without making it shoddy. This is the primary objective.
2:Give it a foregrip for improved handling and ergonomics
3:Give it Hollow-point ammo.
4:If possible, give it bigger drum magazines.

So:
Design:AS-O30 line of optics
Revise:SMG using above points as the MC16A

I Vote for Both
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:47:49 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 14, 2015, 07:21:11 pm »

+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 14, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

I would have also changed it to use API blowback but that might be stretching revision too far :P

Edit: Whoops! Forgot to add give it updated drum mags!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 14, 2015, 07:46:58 pm »

+1
+1 but the revised SMG should be known as the MC17.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 15, 2015, 01:19:47 am »

So, design optics, revise SMG? All in favor?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 15, 2015, 01:28:13 am »

Yes. All in favour. Literally, I think.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 15, 2015, 01:36:50 am »

Except me, but that's just because I like annoying people.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 15, 2015, 02:15:12 am »

I dont think we should revise the SMG (at this point I think its simply too old of a design), But I do think we should work on the optics.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 15, 2015, 02:18:26 am »

It's working amazing for Moskurg so its being old doesn't really matter. Also, we still use our AC18s despite being just two years younger, our 1911 which is five years older, and the M17A despite being a year older. Age doesn't matter if the design is good enough.

Glory to Arstotzka.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 15, 2015, 02:20:34 am »

Do note that we don't merely want to make it cheaper, but also improve performance.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 15, 2015, 02:33:27 am »

So, what about the National Sport?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 15, 2015, 02:42:31 am »

I still vote for some sort of motorsport. Of course, Arstotzkans don't bother with silly things like helmets, seat belts, roll cages, airbags, or other things of that nature. Those are for pansies and Moskurgans :P. In fact, there's actually fairly few damned rules to Arstotzkan motorsports; Generally races are organized by chassis and engine displacement, but the only real rules are you have to remain in the track borders(no cutting across the infield :P), no sabatoging the opponents or wrecking them intentionally, and no using any sort of weapon to attack opposing drivers during a race. Anything else goes-there have actually been reports of enterprising racers attempting JATO assists to get more speed at critical moments, with various other methods tried out. In fact, half the fun of watching Arstotzkan motorsports(besides the spectacular crashes) is what crazy contraption a racer has come up with to gain an advantage, real or perceived. :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 15, 2015, 02:43:40 am »

Fuel-injected, turbo-charged, rocket-powered drag racing with fireworks at the end is my vote.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 15, 2015, 02:44:10 am »

Can you do a neat write-up of it? I still think I like my Motor Buztachi better. Although now that I think of it Artistic Military Parading sounds nice too. :p

Edit:

Code: (Vote) [Select]
Tiger-Polo: Sheb
Formula Free For All: tryrar
Drag-racing:Andres
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:46:41 am by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 217