Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 234095 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3390 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:20 am »

Speaking of alignment, there's a lot less votes for evil than I thought there would be.
Evil, in terms of D&D alignments, doesn't mean evil.
It just means selfish.

A selfish hero, is still evil.

Wait didn't Si use most of her flux for the physicality effect? Ah well, she could've just converted Ichor when she torched Don's afterlife, as each Ichor does convert to 2 Flux.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: September 29, 2015, 11:32:23 am »

Happy Demon, that's incorrect. Selfish is neutral unless you're committing acts of evil as a result of selfishness.

A neutral wizard could be someone who completely ignores the outside world, only interested in satisfying his own selfish desires in his personal demiplane, neither helping nor harming anyone else.

A average joe labourer who merely walks past a car accident/mugging because its too much bother to get involved and try and help them is neutral, good would be going to help the victims of the accident/mugging, evil would be being the cause of the accident/mugging, going to make sure the people in the accident are dead by stabbing them with a knife, watching and laughing as the cars burn, taking pleasure in their suffering etc.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:36:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:09 am »

Doesn't really matter, the question is asking "What you" consider your character to be. You don't have to use strict D&D interpretations unless you want to.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: September 29, 2015, 11:39:29 am »

Doesn't really matter, the question is asking "What you" consider your character to be. You don't have to use strict D&D interpretations unless you want to.
Yeah, but I was responding to claim of what that alignment in D&D represents. By D&D alignment system Sylvan is quite possibly evil, but I consider Sylvan neutral for example.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: September 29, 2015, 12:03:39 pm »

Vir dosent even notice a lot of the evil things you guys do or if she does example overbrain she ignores. It becuase there her friend. She literally tries to dilude her self into thinking everyone is good or netrual she considers don a token evil teammate Zenurion...she see him as netrual becuase you need evil for their to be good and he's. Polite hes just doing his job...Don infuriates her so much though becuase he does have redeeming. Traits but everytime she. Sees him she is reminded of her failure oh by the way me personally i like don he's A fun charcter and. I would happily make him a protagonist of a game
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:14:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: September 29, 2015, 12:36:18 pm »

Neutral is helping those close to you, a Chaotic Neutral would be something like a barbarian, who follows no laws, doesn't help everyone in need, but he will help his friends.
Neutral is about "us", the group that he's part of.

It's a very simple system, and beats the whole "only evil people do/is x" thing.
I mean, you could say x is murder, but you could also say x is [insert undesirable trait here].

The Alignment system in D&D is a guide for how to role play, not a judgement of their character.
A Lawful Good Paladin could go on a crusade to exterminate all the Orcs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:01 pm »

Tender mortals everywhere,
life's no fun without a good scare!
It's its job but Mörkö's not mean,
a shadow with a hearty grin!

I think I could build an argument for Mörkö being of any alignment, really:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: September 29, 2015, 03:00:18 pm »

Tender mortals everywhere,
life's no fun without a good scare!
It's its job but Mörkö's not mean,
a shadow with a hearty grin!

I think I could build an argument for Mörkö being of any alignment, really:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh, I'd say Chaotic Neutral. A bit of a free spirit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: September 29, 2015, 03:11:05 pm »

I think what IcyTea is saying is that they don't want to pigeon-hole themselves into one set of alignments.

Veles may be Chaotic Neutral, but has acted Good, Evil and Lawful in doing certain things. It's not a label to stick by, just a general sort of guideline as to what you want a character to be.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: September 29, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »

In the end, all Jixiu wants is to experiment with his followers. Not on them, mind you, but do experiments with them. Really, all he wants is to have fun. His idea of fun just boils down to 'Imma make a death laser !!FOR SCIENCE!!'
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: September 29, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

Price Check: Devour
Devours the land

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: September 29, 2015, 03:16:40 pm »

Also be aware that alignment can change in D&D. It bears an XP penalty, but it's doable if roleplayed right.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:22 pm »

Also be aware that alignment can change in D&D. It bears an XP penalty, but it's doable if roleplayed right.
>_>

Also: Cursed Items and Spells.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: September 29, 2015, 03:42:32 pm »

It has an XP penalty.

That would mean it's a really big thing, not something to be done regularly.
Like how a righteous protector of the weak can turn into a hateful man out for revenge.
The alignment change isn't a sign of a person going evil or good, it's a change of personality, or how they act, or why they do things.

For example, in A New Hope, aka. Episode 4 of Star Wars (which is the 1st movie, somehow), I see Han Solo as Chaotic Neutral, throughout the movie.
He may seem like he's only out for himself, but by the end, he comes in and helps his friends.
I don't think he changed alignment, I think he was Neutral all along, he just didn't quite think of them as friends before then.
Of course, there could've been an alignment change, I don't know how the character works (I haven't seen Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Jedi), it's just how I interpret him.
A Good person can be the worst enemy, and the Evil person can be the best friend.

>_>

Also: Cursed Items and Spells.
I think of Smite Evil as: Targets either those who are Selfish or those who's every fiber of their being is made of evil in some way (demons, devils, etc.).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:44:20 pm by Happy Demon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: September 29, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »

It can bear an EXP penalty. In the editions I played, mostly only if they do it for no reason. Yeah, it's a decently significant change and usually needs a cause, but nonetheless, it's not like it never happens.

In my opinion about DnD alignments: Good is someone who does things for others, even if they don't necessarily know them. Neutral is someone who is rationally selfish. Which is to say, their view is egocentric, but it is not purely so. They would rather not harm people they don't know, but they don't really care to help them either. Evil is someone who doesn't care how it affects other people. Whether they care about people they consider their friends (Evil can have friends, they just have fewer) or not can affect how 'deep' their evil is. Noble Demon and all that.

Also undeath is not inherently evil and I get annoyed and stuff that acts like it is. It's a tool. All magic is just a tool. Alignment tags or no.

Smite Evil is, to me: "Are they a heretic in my God's eyes, such that would require smiting?" Or philosophy's eyes, if they don't worship a god.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 241