Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 46829 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 19 (Updated 11/15)
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2015, 07:45:23 am »

((Didn't Ciri put on one of the hazard suits?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2015, 11:10:52 am »

((So, did I fail the battery miniquest? Technically I know they're destroyed.))

"At ease, Graves. Doctor, this man is assigned to me as part of an agreement between us and the officer. He is part bodyguard and part technician, and will be taught some of our sciences. I've asked him to help us flee, as it seems your camp is no longer safe. I'm taking the survivor and medical pod back with us. I'd offer you refuge, but you have your men to see to."

Quote from: Radio
"Roll with it, Graves. Minimal casualties."

Get to the survivor.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »

((Didn't Ciri put on one of the hazard suits?))

((Yes, will fix when I have a computer))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2015, 05:30:32 pm »

Search my surroundings for more stuff I can use as crafting materials.  If i don't find anything, look around for some mobs I can slay.

(I think I gave Ciri my pistol a few turns ago, but it's still in my inventory)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2015, 09:59:17 pm »

A padlock? Retro... Use prybar to break lock. It will be quite pitiful if later I find the key...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:28:53 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2015, 12:07:31 am »

1740 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

You stumble upon the corpse of a fist-sized red fish on the ground. You pick it up, noting that its face is shaped like a knife. It is quite sharp and more than capable of making tiny incisions on the fish you brought.

[6] You then look above, and see a swarm of red fishes flying in a school above you. Flying fish.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nole (Slayer1557):

You wire up the timer circuit and stand close by when it triggers. You hear a loud crack, and it turns out the glass in the pod has shattered. Those explosives packed a punch!

Then again, that is exactly what those charges were designed to do: remove an unruly canopy from the premises. By blowing the siding, no less.

To your surprise, the unharmed girl in the pod slides the pod cover away (laying flat against the pod and sliding the curved glass cover over her. It looks like she barely fit below the curved cover) and promptly escapes, coughing up oxgel over the next few minutes.
When she finishes, she neglects to put on the oxygen mask that came in her pod. Instead, she touches her heart and then her forehead, smiling.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The girl from the pod sees you from the trench and stumbles over to the trench wall, climbing out slowly. The atmosphere doesn't seem to be harming her.

As she hops inside the shuttle, she asks you a question.
"Why are you wearing those things? Are you soldiers?"

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

The air is a bit thick, but the gas mask seems to work. It must filter out whatever caused the bloody cough before.

Technically you are outside, given that there is a hole in the wall and rainwater is pouring in from outside. It may be wise to avoid getting drenched, so you simply look out the hole. There is a large column of smoke rising from the wreckage of a building about twenty or so meters away. There is also a collapsed tower and some metal shrapnel laying about.
You spot tire tracks and footsteps in the mud. It looks like a lot of people were here recently.

The survivor from the before enters through the gap in the wall, along with a soldier like the ones who carried you here. This one is wearing a scarf and balaclava obscuring his face. There is also a woman, who is the doctor that tended to your injuries when you started coughing blood. A conversation ensues...

Cueball (Paphi):

"Did I miss something? I don't recall--oh no!"
When you enter, she sees the other doctor lying on the floor next to the survivor's bed. The survivor is standing in the middle of the wall-gap, and sees you come in.

The other doctor was hit by the shrapnel from the explosion. He has a giant gash in his left chest, not quite reaching his spine or heart, but enough that he probably passed out from blood loss. The surviving doctor immediately turns to you.
"Do you have anything? Anything at all that can save him? You healed your fellow man, and he's walking again! Tell me you can do the same!"

You actually still have the last medical gel. The explosion interrupted the meeting before you could hand it over.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[6] The prybar breaks the lock after a few swings. It also breaks the prybar since you missed a few times. There are two left.
You look inside momentarily. There are wires scattered about as well as a wire cutter on the floor. There are a few bolts next to a panel that was taken off the housing for the electric motor that rotates the turret, with four lengths of wire running from the motor into a pair of rectangular boxes sitting on the gunner's seat.

Wait, those boxes look familiar. The markings are in English! They each read: "Cryonix Grph SC Power Unit 37H, 200 kWh"

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 20 (Updated 11/15)
« Reply #321 on: November 16, 2015, 12:26:14 am »

((About how old does the girl look?  I'm not sure.))

Nole is glad everything went well.  But he was nervous to have left her there for too long.  "You should put on your oxygen mask on.  There's some particulates in the air that could hurt you.  I'm wearing the suit for now, since the filters can last a while, but I was planning on swapping it for just a cloth to breath through when I had a chance, but well... I found you before I got to that.  We aren't soldiers, I just kinda helped out on the ship where I could.  What about you, what did you do before you went into stasis?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2015, 01:04:08 am »

((About how old does the girl look?  I'm not sure.))

A rather short young adult. The hair color might be natural considering that her eyes are also pale and slightly red.

"You should put on your oxygen mask on.  There's some particulates in the air that could hurt you.  I'm wearing the suit for now, since the filters can last a while,"

"What do I do when it runs out?" she asks.

"What about you, what did you do before you went into stasis?"

"Stasis...?"
After some time, she regrets to inform you that she doesn't remember anything.

She then immediately backtracks and states that she is from the year 229 Post Launch. As the undisputed champion of the Sky Championship Dueling Portal, she decided to sleep until someone broke one of her records.

Apparently no one did.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2015, 04:48:58 am »

"Survivor! Good to see you're alive. Stick around. Name's Cueball.

Unfortunately, doctor, the gel would paralyze his diaphragm. Unless you happen to have another iron lung somewhere, he's doomed. I'm sorry."

Quote from: Radio
"The survivor's alive. We won't need the pod, but we should destroy it if we don't take it."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2015, 06:46:00 am »

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The girl from the pod sees you from the trench and stumbles over to the trench wall, climbing out slowly. The atmosphere doesn't seem to be harming her.

As she hops inside the shuttle, she asks you a question.
"Why are you wearing those things? Are you soldiers?"

"No, or at least I'm not."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2015, 08:13:59 am »

"Uh, hello. Heh. This... we arrived? We home free? I just woke up, so... If you have anything important you need to tell me, like where we are, or is the atmosphere breathable, and is that rain actually sulphuric acid. You know... That stuff."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2015, 02:31:44 pm »

"Survivor! Good to see you're alive. Stick around. Name's Cueball.

Unfortunately, doctor, the gel would paralyze his diaphragm. Unless you happen to have another iron lung somewhere, he's doomed. I'm sorry."

Considering that the man is bleeding all over the floor, it seems unlikely that just a gel would do. He'd need a transfusion, plus the aforementioned iron lung. But the doctor, whether in denial or just hopeful, still pleads.
"He has one working lung..? But... what about the pod your survivor came in? Isn't that a sort of iron lung?"

"Uh, hello. Heh. This... we arrived? We home free? I just woke up, so... If you have anything important you need to tell me, like where we are, or is the atmosphere breathable, and is that rain actually sulphuric acid. You know... That stuff."

"Rainwater isn't acidic. That we can be sure of."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2015, 05:47:15 pm »

Gun down as many of the flying fish as possible!  Who cares about the local ecosystem, it's only a game!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2015, 01:57:41 am »

Gun down as many of the flying fish as possible!  Who cares about the local ecosystem, it's only a game!

((How much ammo are you willing to spend?))

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2015, 02:31:56 am »

"What do I do when it runs out?" she asks.

"Stasis...?"
After some time, she regrets to inform you that she doesn't remember anything.

She then immediately backtracks and states that she is from the year 229 Post Launch. As the undisputed champion of the Sky Championship Dueling Portal, she decided to sleep until someone broke one of her records.

Apparently no one did.
"Well we're still trying to figure that out.  But as I said I plan on making a facecloth to help filter out the particulates."  He listened briefly to her history, and commented, "Well very nice to meet you.  I'm Marcus Noehl, and I went to sleep back in 119 PL.  I'll have to hear all about what ship life was like in the 200's, but that's for another time.  You can just call me Nole."  He grabs the slug and fish he had and offers it.  "Are either of you hungry?  I've been taste testing some of the local wildlife to see if it's edible... or poisonous.  Results have been positive so far.  Wish I had a proper pan to cook in though.  I hope we can get more supplies from other dropships."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:52:50 am by Slayer1557 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47