Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered  (Read 10186 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered
« on: September 16, 2015, 05:32:31 pm »

Keep all OOC in the OOC thread? Things will get worse for you every time I see (( OOC )) in this thread! >:v

The OOC thread can be found here.

-----

What does a Churchwoman, a village guard, and a deposed prince all have in common? They all recieved a letter, and they all are sitting around a table.

It's quite a nice table, all things considered, and quite a nice room; the furniture is tastefully made in oak, and the plush - if worn - seats are plumped with red fabric. A clock above the empty fireplace ticks a steady rhythm in the otherwise silence. The fireplace itself is cold and dark - the midday sun is providing plenty of light for you.

The rather... interesting... decoration is different, though. Strange, inhuman skulls, kraken-teeth, and even an entire, huge eyeball, watching mournfully from inside a green jar of fluid. Tiny paper notes are attached to each ornament with thin twine. The latest newspaper is folded next to a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles.

Each of you had presented your letter at the door, and been let in, though your erstwhile host has yet to reveal herself. Instead, the manservant let you in and guided you to this room, before asking you to wait and shutting the door.

Perhaps you have some time to fill.

Spoiler: Character Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:43:37 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Blessed Bronze 5e IC: A letter delivered
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »

Oriana is sitting in the chair nearest the empty fireplace, looking about the room. She'd never seen anything like this room back in Riordan.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:11:35 pm »

The Churchwoman was the first to speak, to break the stifling silence. She was fashioned well for the occasion-favoring a blue silk tunic and flared, green-leather trousers. She had been wearing an flowing, red-bronze cloak at the door-a church going fashion-but, she had removed it, feeling a bit overdressed in this element.

"...I recognize these. Kraken teeth. I believe they actually have a whole sheath of them, on a sort of tongue, underneath the beak..." She said conversationally, recalling her scant lessons in beast anatomy. She rose from her chair to take a closer look.

Action: I decided to investigate some of the Kraken Parts. My father had been a Kraken hunter, so I was told...
[Self]: What do I really know about Krakens, btw? Not stuff I just made up!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:20:56 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:06:45 pm »

Kas didn't sit in the first place. He stood, legs spread wide for stability, a habit of the sea. He wore his usual garb, like a rich merchant sailor crossed with an arabic prince - not an entirely inaccurate simile, either. Even indoors, he wore his hood up, and with his side to the fire shadows flicker across his face.

As the lady spoke, his fingers played with the claw around his neck, hanging down over his bare chest. It would not have been out of place with a label of its own. His eyes flick constantly around the room, from the faces of present company to the exits - and entrances.

Still, he couldn't help but grin at the Churchwoman. From what she had heard of the Church, he wasn't surprised she would start with a show of intellect. No harm in indulging her however.

"Seen many o' the bugger on yer ministries, 'av we?"

His accent was undeniably foreign, both clipped and shortened, and not entirely correct - though not enough so that he wasn't understandable.

Meanwhile, he takes the paper from the table, scanning for news of monsters, Oshain, or Pirate Lords in equal measure.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:21:23 pm »

She idly turned her head.

"Thankfully, not. They're apparently quite fearsome to behold alive. I've just learned a bit on my own is all~I've been told my father was a Kraken Hunter, though I never knew him. So, I've tried to understand who he was, by learning about what he hunted..." she said, trailing off...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 07:30:49 pm »

"I keep that in mind in case we're 'bout to be sent Kraken whaling."

His tone was ever so slightly mocking - though empty of malice.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »

"Tempting fate, aren't we? If we're going to be working together, there's nay telling where might end up, or what we might face...

My name is Eleen Richardson, by the way. What do you call yourself?"
She said, a bit tersely, growing a moit impatient-her own accent was lighter, softer, and more fluent. It lacked any easy description-it was cosmopolitan and lacked any clear regional influence, a hodgepodge that was the sure sign of a city dweller.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:00 pm »

"Kas."

He offers nothing more on that front, instead returning to the previous discussion.

"I would be pleased wi' a deck under my feet so soon 'gain." He paused a moment.
"I came off ship only a few days ago," he clarified, speaking slowly and carefully.

Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »

Hearing the introductions, Oriana looks up from her examination. "I'm Oriana Malk. 's a pleasure."

Her accent is definitely what one would call "country".
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 06:00:44 am »

"Hope it will be, lass."

He winks, returning his attention to the paper almost immediately.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 08:16:25 am »

Hearing the introductions, Oriana looks up from her examination. "I'm Oriana Malk. 's a pleasure."

Eleen gave her a sideways glance.

"Likewise...also, you're not from around here, if I place your accent correctly? If so, let me be the first to welcome you to Sleangate. Uh, It's not as bad as they say." She said, summoning the best defense of her city she could offer. The local joke, then went along the lines of 'It's worse', but she left this part out.

One could note she did not extend her welcome to Kas.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 02:43:53 pm »

"I'm from a village 'bout a week from here, Riordan."
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »

"Around 200 miles, if you walked the whole way. I've nay left Sleangate, myself. A city girl from birth. What's your home like?" She asked, genuinely interested. The idea of living in a 'village' was completely alien to her. She guessed it was much smaller, a lot less people...and probably had trees. There weren't many trees in the city...at least outside of decorating the noble districts.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 03:20:26 pm »

"'s really quiet, compared to here. Here, there's always somethin' in the background. And almost everyone knows almost everyone else, 'cause there's not as many people. Here, it's a thousand strangers for every friend. Oh, and it's more open. I never thought it was possible to feel cramped outdoors, but I feel that here. And I kinda miss the trees. 'm not used to a bunch of brown and red and grey, with no green." She pauses.

"That ain't to say there's nothing to like about the city. Seems like you'd never run out of things to do, or people to talk to."
Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 03:39:28 pm »

"Never a dull day, I'll admit..." She replies dryly.

"So what brought you all the way out here to Sleangate to help with the troubles? You have family in the city?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10