Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory  (Read 15678 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:43:55 pm »

God of the New World: Mafia Edition

It is 2006. A bored Japanese teenager known as Light Yagami finds the Death Note, a notebook that can kill whoever's name is written in it. Seeing the potential, he quickly decides to use the book to cleanse the world of evil--and quickly loses sight of his original goal, determined to kill everybody whom he finds undesirable, create a new world of people he judges to be honest and hard-working, and rule over this new world as its god.

The Japanese police force takes action to counter the threat of this serial killer, so to speak, dubbed by the public as "Kira". They contact L, the world's greatest detective. L sees this mysterious murderer as a worthy adversary to his skills, and begins a cat-and-mouse game to catch Kira. However, the special task force dispatched to capture Kira quickly deduces that Kira has infiltrated their ranks and is among them as they speak. If they can't catch Kira quickly, the world might be at stake.

In case you didn't catch it from my introductory paragraph, this is effectively Death Note transcribed into a Mafia game. This has been done before, actually, but I figured I might expand on the concept and have a little fun doing it.

If you're unfamiliar with Death Note, you're by no means forbidden from playing, although I highly recommend watching the show or reading the manga. At the very least you should familiarize yourself with the Wikipedia article or TVTropes page or something.

And as stated in the title, this is in no way a fair game, although I'm not quite sure who has the advantage here--part of the reason I'm organizing this. Keep in mind that your relations to other players might not be detailed in your role PM, and that interacting with certain roles could have unexpected results. It goes without saying that newbies should most certainly start on lighter fare.

Everybody is going to have a role, and all of the roles are going to be deliberately based on characters from the series, but I'm only going to explicitly say what the townies are up against here:

The player selected to be Light Yagami, a.k.a. Kira, is a serial killer. Light wins when the other players, known to most mafia players as "townies" but technically "the task force" or "the investigation team" in this case, are eliminated in some way, whether they're imprisoned by the task force or killed by Light. The task force, on the other hand, wins when Kira is eliminated.

Rules: (Rule list rephrased and copied from BYOP3, which I understand was taken from BYOP2)
1. All votes must be in red. Unvoting before voting is nice but not mandatory and will help stop accidental doublevotes. Voting for "no lynch" is allowed. If there is a tie, nobody will be lynched.
2. Days are 72 hours, nights are 48 hours unless everybody sends in their actions early. Weekends do not count, save for the weekend of September 26th/27th, which counts as two normal days.
3. Do not edit any of your posts, ever, under any circumstances. I will not hesitate to boot anybody who edits their posts twice or more.
4. Do not PM other players about game-related stuff. Seriously.
5. Never quote a PM from the mod, i.e. me. If you want somebody to see your role PM that bad it can wait until you're dead.
6. Bold my name if you want my attention.
7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and are for 24 hours.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end. There will be a maximum of 2 extensions per day.
8. If you die, you may make one "bah" post. The "bah" post is not allowed to contain any information directly related to the game. You may not post after that.
9. Please try to post at least once a day. Lurkers ruin the game. Every time. I'll ask you to respond if you're not on for a day, and again if you're not on for two. If I don't hear from you for three real-life days straight, I'm booting you.
10. Always play to win. No matter how the character your role is based on acted, or which side you want to play on, it's always your job to try to win.

Players (6/7)
flabort: Near
TheDarkStar
Tomasque: Teru Mikami
Arcvasti: Raye Penber
tntey
Deus Asmoth
notquitethere: Misa Amane
Spoilspecs
Peradon
Silthuri
filipk
Tiruin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:07:53 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (0/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:40 pm »

Finished watching Death Note on Netflix last week, Rewatched it in it's entirety this week, and missed my chance to play it years ago on Giant In The Playground; since a Death Note game is starting here, I may as well In.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 12:09:52 am »

I'll take a spoilspec, if you dont mind.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 04:54:00 am »

in
Or not it's cool.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 09:22:44 am »

Spoilspec please.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (2/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 03:29:04 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (3/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 10:58:20 pm »

In

I assume that spoilspec is like PTW, but with extra "insider information" (people's roles, secret actions, etc). Am I correct?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (3/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 11:03:33 pm »

I assume that spoilspec is like PTW, but with extra "insider information" (people's roles, secret actions, etc). Am I correct?
Precisely.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (4/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »

You have 4 people on the list, but it still says 3/10 in the OP.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (4/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »

In
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (5/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

I think I'm going to spoil spec this since I'm running my own game.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:34:45 pm »

in
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 06:39:02 pm »

Bump?
Money!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (6/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

If you're struggling to get the numbers for a game, try PMing players you've played with in the past to see if they'd be interested: not everyone checks the mafia subforum all that regularly..

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (6/10) (Bastard)
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 06:45:26 pm »

Bump?
6/10 isn't quite enough.
If you're struggling to get the numbers for a game, try PMing players you've played with in the past to see if they'd be interested: not everyone checks the mafia subforum all that regularly..
Hm, alright.

Any chance you could hop in? I could probably manage with 7.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:47:19 pm by Tawarochir »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10