Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 34787 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Processing Cycle 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2015, 12:10:38 pm »

PTW

(If I wasn't a total mafia newb, I would have definitely asked to be the replacement.  I've been keeping a close eye on this game and I'm intrigued by the concept.)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2015, 06:58:40 pm »

Huh. Deus being targeted really surprises me. I felt that after he was siding with TDS (who flipped virus) he was probably TDS' ally trying to save him. Basically, killing Deus makes little sense for a virus team. I've basically got two theories here:

1 - There are two full-scum teams (maybe two players each?) but only one has Adware has a kill and adware offed Deus thinking he was a virus.
2 - The virus team are AFK and their night target was chosen randomly.

The first theory seems unlikely to me on thematic grounds (viruses are more likely to be killers). If the second theory is true, then Peradon must be scum.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2015, 08:22:01 pm »

Are we ever going to replace Peradon?
I mean, he hasn't said anything or done anything.  Like, at all.  And that's gone on so long that I really can't condone letting him lurk and possibly kill people (as per NQT, but I don't particularly trust HIM either.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »

I mean, he hasn't said anything or done anything.  Like, at all.  And that's gone on so long that I really can't condone letting him lurk and possibly kill people (as per NQT, but I don't particularly trust HIM either.)
Why don't you trust NQT? Obviously, you shouldn't trust anyone, but why him in particular?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2015, 09:56:03 pm »

Why don't you trust NQT? Obviously, you shouldn't trust anyone, but why him in particular?
Despite the fact that he raises good points about Peradon,  I just don't like this argument.
He's dismissing any alternate theories,  I guess might be it.
... You know what,  Unvote for right now.  I'm just not comfortable with this for some reason.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »

I'm not dismissing anything at this stage. We can only act on our best information. If you've got a better theory, I'd like to hear it.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 24, 2015, 10:43:22 pm »

I have an alternate theory, one scum team of viruses, and a third-party adware. Since I haven't been killed after my reveal, either the 3rd party simply didn't get a kill last night, or there is only one, who is now gone. The scum team (viruses) each have different effects if they carry out their action. TDS is the one that is causing a bunch of gibberish in his posts, and his scum buddy (I think there is only one more) is the one who simply deletes sections of people's posts.  If this is true, then I would suspect that the one who is making the least effort to figure out what is going on, or the one who makes some strange suggestions are the scum.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2015, 10:53:24 pm »

I have an alternate theory, one scum team of viruses, and a third-party adware. Since I haven't been killed after my reveal, either the 3rd party simply didn't get a kill last night, or there is only one, who is now gone. The scum team (viruses) each have different effects if they carry out their action. TDS is the one that is causing a bunch of gibberish in his posts, and his scum buddy (I think there is only one more) is the one who simply deletes sections of people's posts.  If this is true, then I would suspect that the one who is making the least effort to figure out what is going on, or the one who makes some strange suggestions are the scum.
Or that third-party has an odd wincon.
But that thing about odd suggestions...Points at NQT, to me.
That suggestion feels very odd.
...Hm.
Was TDS's vote meant to draw suspicion away from NQT?
...I feel like I'm waffling way too much.
Not going to vote right now though.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2015, 11:00:05 pm »

If the third party is the adware, then they would need some reason to post adware. Which means it is somehoe related to their winon. (and whoever took down the ad on day 1) am preventing them from getting their wincon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 25, 2015, 08:05:22 am »

If the third party is the adware, then they would need some reason to post adware. Which means it is somehoe related to their winon. (and whoever took down the ad on day 1) am preventing them from getting their wincon.
...No edit log?
Ugh.
You're probably right about that.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #355 on: October 25, 2015, 11:03:31 am »

Quarantine Count
Peradon: notquitethere

Active Cycle 4 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.

roo will be replacing in for Peradon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 4
« Reply #356 on: October 25, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »

Roo First of all, is there anything you need clarified to facilitate your catching-up, then, is there anything important Peradon probably should have told us?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2015, 05:39:17 am »

Tomasque
I know this sounds farfetched and somewhat scummy, but I think that the "mafia" are the ones that change the posts. Their choice of post was a good one, but it was too late. Why was it a good post? Just look:
Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
If a person who didn't understand that read the post, they would realize that it was really simple to vote. If they couldn't read it, they might not realize it until the following day, but they probably would have declared a no lynch the day before because of there confusion! See how that would benefit the mafia?
If it was changed on behalf of a player I agree that it was probably changed by mafia (or a malicious 3rd party). That said, nobody was pushing for a no lynch at the time, so I'm not sure how well that theory holds.

TheBiggerFish
Roight.  In the interest of not confusing everybody, I'm going to stop with the code stuff.  That and that is actually kind of hard to do. 
@NQT: Don't you mean work of Armok?
Sure, my mistake.

@Everyone: Do you actually know your wincon?  Just yes or no.
I know mine.
Yes.

(That is to say, I don't have anyone I suspect, but I don't want to die, so it's a floating vote somewhere to just tie up the quarantine votes?  If that's even a thing?  I don't think it's a thing.  Ugh.  But seriously.)
Not being able to form suspicions is the #1 scumtell in my book. There's been enough activity, if you're town you should be able to form a provisional case on someone.

Umm huh? NQT.

Who were you suspicious of before TBF? And where is your case on them. :rolls: I don't mind pots and kettles being black or however the saying goes, but come on those fighting words you used. You even scolded him...I thought that was interesting. The vote is for the sheer hypocrisy of it all, and the weight you put into your words. Nqt you make it sound like he was a weird sexual deviant who ought to know better. As far as this post of yours has told me that you aren't scumhunting  ergo you're scum.

In an unrelated segment shakerags initial vote is bad. It doesn't make any sense to me either. The emotional content in the post. You went from: chill (asking flabort stuff), angry (voting for tbf), neutral (questions). I think what stood out to me was the fact that tbf said a few posts later if it was annoying he would stop doing it, so why not ask him to simply stop?

Shakerag query: Why did you let emotional dysfunction get in the way of real scum hunting?

On page 4 there has been some interesting things; Won't bother cluttering though. I think I have 40 ppp (unsure).
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:56 am »

@Roo: Probably 50 ppp.  I don't think 40 is an option.
Sigtext

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 26, 2015, 06:19:26 am »

If you have questions, ask me and I'll answer.  Maybe not at 100% capacity, though, because lack of sleep sucks and yesterday already feels like last week.

@Mrph: Your call
Longer day please.
I'll vote for longer day.

From this I'd say tbf is scum. I would say shakerag is town for pointing out tds and teneb bandwagon on tomasque. Ogs unsure he has been very forgettable this game. Its not 40ppp its on standard I had it at a fairly high number tho. I'll change it after I'm done reading through. On page 7.

TBF query: How many scum do you think are left?
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28