Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 47798 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #540 on: November 13, 2015, 07:17:27 pm »

I meant this bit because obviously that can't be true for ALL of them.

And where did i use word all or anything that implies that? Just said the group that do this things are not the groups that are running from war.
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 13, 2015, 07:20:03 pm »

I meant this bit because obviously that can't be true for ALL of them.

And where did i use word all or anything that implies that? Just said the group that do this things are not the groups that are running from war.

Somehow I thought you were talking about the refugees in general, so, that one was a misunderstanding on my part, sorry.

Edit: GEEZE, CNN's source AFP says that at least 100 were killed in a concert hall.......

I thought France was beefing up their intel after the Charlie Hebdo attacks, and especially now that they started engaging with Boko Haram.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:22:14 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #542 on: November 13, 2015, 07:25:57 pm »

Not directly, no (to the living with muslims), but I've known a few and not ALL muslims are bad, okay, that's a fact.
Yeah and I know great Muslims too, the issue of whether they're good or bad people is compounded with the issue of Islamism. Very friendly ISIS supporters are very good people willing to do bad things for reasons that are good to them. Their ideal society does not have room for your progressive ideals, to say the least.

Eh? You're British I think, right? *throws all manner of meaty American foods at Loud Whispers* Your troll insults need work dude.
It is not a troll insult, it is a joke. People don't know what the meaning of trolling is.
At any rate I don't know what your definition of British is so I decline to answer :P
The point is serious though. Having muslim acquaintances is no substitute for living in Muslim majority areas or even having come from Muslim countries. I laff every time Americans say Europe should take in millions more Muslims because obviously replacing your own people with Muslims won't make your country Muslim even whilst countries like Turkey, Malaysia or Indonesia are undergoing Islamicization and countries like Saudi Arabia are Saudi Arabia.

Come on, have I ever shown signs of being a bigot? You do have a point on the everybody gets a say though.
Hahaha of course you have not, you have always made great pains to show your tolerance, even after beheadings have made a surprise reappearance in France. I'm just wondering how much of what you say is signalling, calling for people to leave or requesting """"""American"""""" """"""moderation"""""" sounds like reddit-tier parodies

Anyways world leader reactions:
“My thoughts in these hours are with the victims of these apparently terrorist attacks, their relatives, and all people in Paris,” Ms. Merkel said in a statement. “The German government is in contact with the French government and has expressed the sympathy and solidarity of the people in Germany.”
'Those who think that they can terrorize the people of France or the values that they stand for are wrong,' US President Obama says in a hastily arranged appearance before reporters at the White House
"I am shocked by events in Paris tonight. Our thoughts and prayers are with the French people. We will do whatever we can to help." Said David Cameron.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 13, 2015, 07:28:41 pm »

All that I've heard is that it was in or near a Palestinian refugee camp in Beirut and earlier today Hezbollah declared war on ISIS.

It's probably just the Middle East being a shifting maelstrom of who knows how many sides and factions.

It was in a known Hezbollah territory and few of the dead were local Hezbollah leaders, including the head of security of that zone (Hezbollah zones are closed, no-go zones where they handle security themselves), one of Nasrallah bodyguards and the son of one of Hezbollah's high leaders.

From what i know, though it might not be accurate, the attack was committed by two palestinians and one syrian, operating for ISIS. a week ago a newspaper in Kuwait have published an interview with one of the various rebel groups leader that claimed that according to their intel ISIS is well spread among the palestinians surrounding Dahieh and is about to go on a terror spree against Hezbollah.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #544 on: November 13, 2015, 07:31:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who set Calais on fire?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2015, 07:34:23 pm »

The Calais fire may or may not be actually happening; I haven't seen any reliable sources that have verified it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2015, 07:35:02 pm »

The religion of peace strikes again.
Shoes...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2015, 07:42:07 pm »

Eh? You're British I think, right? *throws all manner of meaty American foods at Loud Whispers* Your troll insults need work dude.
It is not a troll insult, it is a joke. People don't know what the meaning of trolling is.

I'm also messing around with you anyway. :)

Come on, have I ever shown signs of being a bigot? You do have a point on the everybody gets a say though.
Hahaha of course you have not, you have always made great pains to show your tolerance, even after beheadings have made a surprise reappearance in France. I'm just wondering how much of what you say is signalling, calling for people to leave or requesting """"""American"""""" """"""moderation"""""" sounds like reddit-tier parodies

Anyways world leader reactions:
“My thoughts in these hours are with the victims of these apparently terrorist attacks, their relatives, and all people in Paris,” Ms. Merkel said in a statement. “The German government is in contact with the French government and has expressed the sympathy and solidarity of the people in Germany.”
'Those who think that they can terrorize the people of France or the values that they stand for are wrong,' US President Obama says in a hastily arranged appearance before reporters at the White House
"I am shocked by events in Paris tonight. Our thoughts and prayers are with the French people. We will do whatever we can to help." Said David Cameron.

I don't think I ever made a remark when beheadings made a surprise reappearence in France, or do you mean Charlie Hebdo?

Also, the American Moderation thing was jokingly sarcastic since I thought xxseuzxx was European. I wasn't being serious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who set Calais on fire?

Got a news link on that? A quick google news search didn't come up with anything.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #548 on: November 13, 2015, 07:43:30 pm »

The Calais fire may or may not be actually happening; I haven't seen any reliable sources that have verified it.
A French government emergency plan shows an accident at the site could lead to the 'risk of intoxication, fire and explosions' because the chemicals used at the plant are 'inflammable, toxic to humans and toxic to the environment.'
Well that could explain it if it happened.

Buddhism's starting to get violent people in it in half decent quantities. You get violent shitelords everywhere.
I won't be worrying about Burmese Buddhists bumming me arse for at least a hundred years

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 13, 2015, 07:45:21 pm »

A French government emergency plan shows an accident at the site could lead to the 'risk of intoxication, fire and explosions' because the chemicals used at the plant are 'inflammable, toxic to humans and toxic to the environment.'

Wait, I thought absestos was banned in Europe? Well, obviously it isn't.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2015, 07:48:39 pm »

You get violent shitelords everywhere.

While we're at it, #AllLivesMatter

There's a serious and specific problem but it's uncomfortable so let's blow smoke about extremists in every religion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:51:25 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2015, 07:51:57 pm »

It is but it's still hanging around in old buildings that nobody gives enough of a shit about to remodel or inspect, just like in the USA.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 13, 2015, 07:57:34 pm »

Idk, locals in Calais are always setting fire to things and rioting, regardless of religion. The message is that if white/christians etc did this, nobody would make a link to their race or religion, but if a non white/non christian does we take the same act as evidence that their race/religion is somehow more suspect than the white people in France who riot and set fire to things. And you gotta admit, the refugees probably learned from the French how effective setting fire to things and rioting actually is.

Also, the headlines seem to be that the refugee camp itself is on fire. People usually don't set themselves on fire when they are in a position of power. But considering how the camp has gone up in flames it was clearly a massive fire risk to begin with, and it's just as likely this was a fuck up and not a specific campaign. Without news reports of a riot to go with the fire, we really can't say it was a deliberate thing. People usually do that to bring attention to their plight. Just burning down the camp then saying nothing about it is not the way protest works. And people don't tend to just burn down their own dwellings for the lulz.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:08:55 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #553 on: November 13, 2015, 08:01:31 pm »

I don't think I ever made a remark when beheadings made a surprise reappearence in France, or do you mean Charlie Hebdo?
Also, the American Moderation thing was jokingly sarcastic since I thought xxseuzxx was European. I wasn't being serious.
Yeah between you calling people Islamaphobes who should leave this forum and twitterati doing the #ALLLIVESMATTER of Islamism apologeticism I don't buy it :P

Got a news link on that? A quick google news search didn't come up with anything.
It's on twitter, I am waiting on reliable news source so it could be fake.

It is banned, illegal immigrants don't follow the law (not exactly the first law they've broken)

Also reading back on one of my posts saying this shit would happen in Europol thread, besides being obfuscated in banter there was a serious point I was making about how Abu Bakr was changing his strategy to shift focus from the Euphrates to go global. I was saying how Abu Bakr wanted his fighters to focus on their own homefront instead of Syria and some people in that thread quite vocally challenged me on that. From 2014. Guys, I know we're all just shitposting on the internet and the chances of any of us changing anything are quite small. But supporting this? I don't like waiting until I am right because by definition when I am right people will be dead and the problems grow - like in Germany or Sweden, where immigration is now so insurmountable they will never stop it even if they wanted to. God damn, rereading those posts! It's the exact same thing over and over again, and the exact same responses over and over again! Get me some cheeky Nandos!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 13, 2015, 08:02:59 pm »

You get violent shitelords everywhere.

While we're at it, #AllLivesMatter

There's a serious and specific problem but it's uncomfortable so let's blow smoke about extremists in every religion.
It's the fact you said it as if Islam's the only 'religion of peace' with violent members. I was pointing out they're all over the damn place.

I didn't say that though.  And it's still blowing smoke.  This is a conversation about what was almost certainly (Assuming it's not confirmed already, Hollande says they know who did it and where they're from) Islamists, continuing a trend of such attacks on various scales.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39