Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 6 Houses-GMless RolePlay:Worldbuilding Mode  (Read 1189 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
6 Houses-GMless RolePlay:Worldbuilding Mode
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »

For those who want the book

A storytelling game dealing with Vampires that are also aspects of the Apocalypse.

Currently building the world of the Vampires. Just pitch in and tell us what you think would be a good addition to the world.

For Worldbuilding, these are the current actions you can use toward the other players.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Accepting fellow Writers.

The Main core for the RPG, The Houses, From the flesh bound books of Loremaster Dwarmin.

House of Conquest
Or, The Court of Swords
Spoiler: Dossier (click to show/hide)

House of War
Or, The Court of Claws

House of Pestilence
Or, The Court of Cowls

House of Famine
Or, The Court of Masks

House of Death
Or, The Court of Skulls

House of Torment
Or, The Court of Needles
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:41:36 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Houses-Gmless Roleplay: Worldbuilding Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »

Bump for interest
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:30:00 pm »

Posting to establish interest.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:34:12 am »

Sooo...are we just supposed to start writing?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 11:40:20 am »

think you shoul ad dwarves to this word.

(doing this right? first post said to describe world)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »

Yeah, pretty much, and others could agree or disagree and ask for a change.

Try a different way: Maybe they could be a group of Vampire Hunters. I'd like a more Lovecraft or gothic feel, not so fantasy
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »

Yeah, pretty much, and others could agree or disagree and ask for a change.

Try a different way: Maybe they could be a group of Vampire Hunters. I'd like a more Lovecraft or gothic feel, not so fantasy

kay. add dwarf vampire hunters
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 12:24:40 pm »

Why Dwarves? This is the standard Earth World with Vampires as the protagonists. Why would there be dwarves? It mentions other Supernatural Races but i don't see a point in adding dwarves, since they would play no role in the Geo-Political Scheme.
They would be far too obvious to standard humans, due to their physiognomy and wouldn't make sense in a way to add conflict. For example werewolves could prove a source of conflict for various reasons. They would make sense as physical opponents to House War and could be a direct threat to vampires as both could potentially feed on humans thus becoming a resource rival since both fill the same ecological niche. Dwarves on the other hand would make no sense in this: they don't need humans for anything, if they exist they obviously exist only in small numbers and hidden away so they are not noticed by the wider public. This in turn would make them uninteresting as a food source for vampires, nor would they make good vampires (if indeed infection is spread the standard way) since they couldn't operate in the public like the human vampires could.
The only interes tthey could prove would be as artificiers and crafters of weapons, which again, would be unneccessarily tacked on as House Pestilence servers as the scientists and artificiers already and apart from House Conquest and Famine maybe, most houses use their own weaponry.

Indeed Dwarves would in this universe feel like some tacked on gimmick. Nice to look at but in the scope of the game of absolutely no import...Then again i might be wrong and might have misunderstood the implication of a Modern Day Scenario with your standard vampires (procreates via infection or similiar, harmed by the sun, Parasitic (need to drink blood)) and this would be a fantasy modern day scenario or renaissance or steam-punk, in which case dwarves might make more sense if they exist to the wider public.

Fake Edit: gah ninjaed...

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 12:31:17 pm »

Why Dwarves? This is the standard Earth World with Vampires as the protagonists. Why would there be dwarves? It mentions other Supernatural Races but i don't see a point in adding dwarves, since they would play no role in the Geo-Political Scheme.
They would be far too obvious to standard humans, due to their physiognomy and wouldn't make sense in a way to add conflict. For example werewolves could prove a source of conflict for various reasons. They would make sense as physical opponents to House War and could be a direct threat to vampires as both could potentially feed on humans thus becoming a resource rival since both fill the same ecological niche. Dwarves on the other hand would make no sense in this: they don't need humans for anything, if they exist they obviously exist only in small numbers and hidden away so they are not noticed by the wider public. This in turn would make them uninteresting as a food source for vampires, nor would they make good vampires (if indeed infection is spread the standard way) since they couldn't operate in the public like the human vampires could.
The only interes tthey could prove would be as artificiers and crafters of weapons, which again, would be unneccessarily tacked on as House Pestilence servers as the scientists and artificiers already and apart from House Conquest and Famine maybe, most houses use their own weaponry.

Indeed Dwarves would in this universe feel like some tacked on gimmick. Nice to look at but in the scope of the game of absolutely no import...Then again i might be wrong and might have misunderstood the implication of a Modern Day Scenario with your standard vampires (procreates via infection or similiar, harmed by the sun, Parasitic (need to drink blood)) and this would be a fantasy modern day scenario or renaissance or steam-punk, in which case dwarves might make more sense if they exist to the wider public.

Fake Edit: gah ninjaed...
Actually, a note on werewolves. I believe they could be a creation of Torment. A runaway product of their flesh twisting, or maybe one of Pestilence's blood beasts, since I have a strong feeling that Nazi Eugenics could be a strong influence in their work, and a man dog could work well as a guard dog that could also use simple tools.

Also, Dwarves are just short people. Just make a midget who works out a lot, and there you go.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 12:52:34 pm »

Hmm, so we are going withs tandard modern day earth as a starting point.

In this case why werewolves so late? I mean there are mentions of them in dozens of earlier myths? Wouldn't it make sense for them to maybe date back to the Civil War between vampires rather than WW2 Germany? And then have them picked up by the Nazis again despite somebody saying "THIS A TERRIBLE IDEA."

This way we could have different factions of werewolves: the earlier creations from the Civil War, the creations from World War II. Maybe the original versions which inspired House Pestilence/Torment and maybe two versions of the Civil War creations: one from Pestilence and one from Torment.

The high-pitched whining of mortar rounds followed by the dull thuds of their impacts was gratin at the nerves of Lucius. It was time to test his new creations and the OKW could fuck themselves for all he cared. The war was turning sour and he had the solution to their problems.
Sensing his uneasy one of his creations took up a long drawn howl which soon was joined by the others in their cages, prompting the vampire to activate the pain-collars developed by Torment artificiers to stop the cacophonous cries. The dusky bunker revebrated with agonized yowls before it finally got silent again...

Eats-the-Nose thudded on his haunches as the sweet memories of the dead vampire before him coursed through his brain. His blood had been fantastic, a great vintage considering the age of his victim. Those created during great wars always had the sweetest taste and none more so than those created during what the Clan Elders called the Second Birthing (commonly known as World War II).
The yowling of the welps started to annoy him and grudgingly he let them have a taste too, and considered the implications of these memories.
The younglings in those cages had been too large and bloodthirsty to be of the Bone or the Blood Clan. They certainly weren't Firstborn. To capture one of them lest several dozens was an impossibility even for the entire House Pestilence. This left only the option of a fourth clan and would fit together with the intel they had gotten about unsanctioned vanishings in the Ural Mountains, which neither Clan nor House attested to and which were too large in number to fit with any other Major Player.
Oh the Elders would love this...a new Clan brought so many possibilities...

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »

Yeah, what you're going with sounds good. They could even be a production of Roman times, if you want. The wolf was a major symbol in their culture.

By the way, do to vampiric immortality, I thing we could run a game that doesn't use a linear timeline. We could skip across the timeline, making different stories during different times, like during the Renaissance or Biblical times. Roleplay when the Vampires were first created, things like that. To keep things from being confusing, put down the Time Period and geographic location of the given story.

The First Wolves: Roman Kingdom, 673 BC
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:04:13 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 01:20:59 pm »

Carpe Noctem
Burning of the Illuminated Meetinghouse in Bavaria, Victorian era 1800's
The last two inanities watched as the meeting house went up in flames. One of the burghers had alerted the Courts to their presence, probably in the hopes of being embraced. Ever since France the Courts had been on high alert, not willing to risk another war. Robespierre had killed too many, Napoleon had conquered too much and Lady Reason had converted more than the vampires could handle. Another Revolution, another Reign of Hope, and entire countries would revolt. So they struck at the Eye, destroying their meetinghouses and burning their books where ever possible. Many Brothers and Sisters had been killed in the last few months, so many that the future of the Order was in question. These two men were the last of the Bavarian House, the first House. As they watched two decades worth of progress fall into the flames hate rose up in their hearts. Three months later the same two men would attend a secretive Conclave in London and take control of the Order with a mass vote. The Eye was to go into hiding once more. No more revolutions, no more grand actions. They would kill and push from the dark, manipulating humanity against the enemy. They would build up vast libraries of information hidden in deadly mazes deep beneath cities and in the most inhospitable wilderness. They would seize the night and push the undead from it by silver blade and ancient book.

Carpe Diem
Return of the Illuminated Brethren, Chicago 2010's
The bloodsucker could only let out a gurgled scream as the silver blade bit into its neck, foul black blood shooting out across its reading room. The masked figure held the monster down until it stopped squirming, taking one last stab at it before they were satisfied the job was done. They then stood up and motioned for the rest of the cohort to enter the building, rappelling lines whirring quietly as the other figures entered. They ransacked the library, killed the monsters spawn in their bed and took anything of worth from the creature's horrible laboratory. As they left charges were placed on key points in the house, each primed to go off when a single button was pushed. That morning police and reporters flooded the scene, a respectable citizens house destroyed; another terrorist attack, the third one that month. The only clue to the perpetrators was a single eye, painted on the ground outside the gate. The old vampires, so old the rest of their Court could only guess at their age, felt something close to fear in their hearts. Visions of mass beheadings and burnings, of Paris atomized. The Illuminated Brethren had returned at last.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:23:30 pm by mcclay »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »

Sounds great!

Describe the Illuminated Ones in Detail
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:27:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 01:33:37 pm »

The Illuminati, the Illuminated Brethren, The Eye. A group of intellectuals and philosphes who met in Bavaria during the Enlightenment era. They were dedicated to freeing humanity from the vampire scourge and influenced revolutionaries all over the western world with their writings and letters. Their influence extended into France and reached the Jacobins there, leading to the French Revolution. After Napoleon was given leadership of the French Republic to pursue action against the vampire back monarchies of Europe the Illuminati built meetinghouses everywhere the French Republican Army conquered. Once Napoleon was defeated in Russia by the Court of Pestilence many meetinghouses were burned and the Illuminati almost vanished from the world. The Conclave of London lead to several centuries of preparation, the Eye gathering knowledge and power in hidden locations all over the world. Now in the modern era, where the power of the Courts are waning and humanity is starting to speak out against their occupation, the Illuminated Brethren are starting to strike back. Using terrorist tactics and assassination the Eye hitting the Courts hard, taking out many of its older members while they rest in deep slumber. Carefully placed politicians are starting to move against the night, and a new Reign of Hope seems to be on the horizon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 01:40:04 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2