Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51591 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:41 pm »

Still reading it. I'll get back to you on that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »

So... I think it's probably a good idea to assume there was a conversion during the night phase, so we presently stand at 7 players, with 2/3 cult in our midst.

I have nothing more to add at this point, except asking SaberTooth why they didn't vote.

Shall wait for OSG's analysis unless something interesting happens in the meantime.

Also, DA, I think the day phase should end on Wednesday, rather than Tuesday, if my maths are right.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »

Huh. Honestly, didn't expect that. However, I think this is proof that filipk is scum. My theory is that he noticed that TDS was considered scummy by most, so he decided to NK him. He did that because he was also considered scum by others and I made the assumption that filipk and TDS were cult, so by killing half of the team, he would exonerate himself from suspicion.

However! This theory is far fetched and as such I don't really think it's correct. It is the best I can do at the moment, and I will be unavailable for the next two days or so, so I guess you folks will have to do with this.

Ninja'ed by hector13.

So... I think it's probably a good idea to assume there was a conversion during the night phase, so we presently stand at 7 players, with 2/3 cult in our midst.

I have nothing more to add at this point, except asking SaberTooth why they didn't vote.

Shall wait for OSG's analysis unless something interesting happens in the meantime.

Also, DA, I think the day phase should end on Wednesday, rather than Tuesday, if my maths are right.

I didn't vote because my prime suspect, fillipk wasn't quite suspicious enough for me to risk his lynch. Now, with the theory above I think that he was cult after all, considering his panicing when directly accused. I don't have much proof beyond that. Also, lynching somebody for not lynching somebody is lousy as hell.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

My activity will probably be relatively low today and this weekend because I'll be watching star wars 6 or 7 times.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »

Huh. Honestly, didn't expect that. However, I think this is proof that filipk is scum. My theory is that he noticed that TDS was considered scummy by most, so he decided to NK him. He did that because he was also considered scum by others and I made the assumption that filipk and TDS were cult, so by killing half of the team, he would exonerate himself from suspicion.

However! This theory is far fetched and as such I don't really think it's correct. It is the best I can do at the moment, and I will be unavailable for the next two days or so, so I guess you folks will have to do with this.

Ninja'ed by hector13.

I didn't vote because my prime suspect, fillipk wasn't quite suspicious enough for me to risk his lynch. Now, with the theory above I think that he was cult after all, considering his panicing when directly accused. I don't have much proof beyond that. Also, lynching somebody for not lynching somebody is lousy as hell.

We're like, 30 seconds into the day, man. You have nothing to worry about just yet :P

If you think your theory is far-fetched and unlikely to be true, why voice it? Especially when you start with "...I think this is proof filipk is scum..."

I won't point out the other errors in the theory, but that's mostly because you're not standing by it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2015, 03:13:35 pm »

It's the best I can do and frankly, I was surprised by TDS getting NK'd, so I am a bit shocked.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2015, 03:21:33 pm »

It's the best I can do and frankly, I was surprised by TDS getting NK'd, so I am a bit shocked.

I think we all were. Do you think the cult have an NK?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Whoops.
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2015, 03:52:40 pm »

let's hope not. That would be a tad bit overpowered.
~~~
As to the night kill itself- I envision 3 main possibilities:
Town vigilante kill
Third party or scum kill
Cult kill

The town vigilante kill is preferable for us above the other two options, for obvious reasons.
If it wasn't a vigilante kill, what I judge to be second most likely is some sort of third party or scum(y'know, mafia?).
The third and likely least probable is the option that the cult themselves have a kill.

You can probably imagine why it would be overpowered for the cult to have a kill.
~~~
For a little paranoia fuel:
There is nothing Deus Asmoth has told us that makes it not possible for a conventional mafia to also be part of this game. I'm going to hope that's not the case, though.
~~~
And one more thing before I read over day one again:

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A POT OF COFFEE, DANGIT! Is that really too much to ask?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops.
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2015, 04:05:22 pm »

let's hope not. That would be a tad bit overpowered.
~~~
As to the night kill itself- I envision 3 main possibilities:
Town vigilante kill
Third party or scum kill
Cult kill

The town vigilante kill is preferable for us above the other two options, for obvious reasons.
If it wasn't a vigilante kill, what I judge to be second most likely is some sort of third party or scum(y'know, mafia?).
The third and likely least probable is the option that the cult themselves have a kill.

You can probably imagine why it would be overpowered for the cult to have a kill.
~~~
For a little paranoia fuel:
There is nothing Deus Asmoth has told us that makes it not possible for a conventional mafia to also be part of this game. I'm going to hope that's not the case, though.
~~~
And one more thing before I read over day one again:

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A POT OF COFFEE, DANGIT! Is that really too much to ask?

Well the first thing in the OP says that there's a cult instead of a normal mafia... however, there are other things that hint at there being more than just a cult.

I'm figuring it's unlikely the cult has a NK, that would be too OP. Either a town PR or a third-party.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2015, 04:08:15 pm »

Ah, I missed the instead.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2015, 04:08:22 pm »

This may be correct. I guess I forgot to carry the 1.

Day ends Wednesday, 23rd of December at 1800 GMT.

Everyone: Opinions on night 2 lasting from the 23rd to, say, the 2nd of January? Assuming all actions are sent in prior to that I'll be starting Day 3 during that period but treating it as a weekend (Day 3 would be ending on the 6th unless there's a lot more activity than expected).
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

Everyone: Opinions on night 2 lasting from the 23rd to, say, the 2nd of January? Assuming all actions are sent in prior to that I'll be starting Day 3 during that period but treating it as a weekend (Day 3 would be ending on the 6th unless there's a lot more activity than expected).

So... Day 3 might start before the 2nd?

I only expect to be busy on 25th. I would prefer not to have a delay as long as that between N2/D3, but I have no responsibilities right now so... yeah. Probably in the minority :))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »

Ah, sorry Chromatic Wasp.  :(  I didn't even consider the possibility of you being a power role trying to lay low.

From the revealed roles and the unexpected NK, I've come to a few conclusions.

1.  Since Chromatic Wasp was basically just a cop, TheDarkStar was a vanilla townie, and The Cult Lord also functions as a Godfather, I don't think this setup has any complex or multi-powered power roles.  Based on the final line of the flavor text, Chromatic Wasp may have been the strongest power role we had.  We also likely have multiple vanilla townies, since it would be odd if TDS was the only one.
2.  Based on #1, I don't think the Cult Leader has any extra powers beyond converting people and being immune to investigations, otherwise the Cult would be quite a bit stronger than the town.
3.  Since it was TheDarkStar who was killed, I think the killer is likely a town Vigilante.  TDS was a very "safe" target.  He apparently claimed to be a Vanilla Townie, so there wasn't a risk of the vigilante accidentally killing a power role.  His infrequent posting made it difficult to get a read on him and his death wouldn't cause the town to lose a more active player who could contribute more.  (There's still the possibility of a Serial Killer, but I would expect a SK to target someone more threatening to him)

I'm still not really sure how many members the cult started with.  The existence of a SK/Vig means there's another threat that the Cult Leader has to dodge on Night 1, unless he's also immune to being NKed.  I'm still leaning toward the CL starting by himself, if only based on traditional cult games and the starting player count of this game.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2015, 06:08:47 pm »

How do we know the cult leader is investigation-immune?

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: A Game of Clones, Day 1.
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2015, 06:11:57 pm »

How do we know the cult leader is investigation-immune?

Chromatic Wasp has been lynched! He was Dr. Jekyll!
You are town. You win when all anti-town factions are dead.
Night: Examine a sample from target player for cellular degeneration to discover whether they have been converted or not. Unfortunately, this won't be much help in finding the Clone Lord himself.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38