Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51521 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 3; Bloody Rooms
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2015, 10:03:24 pm »

Part Two: Why Vote People:
I'm not going to include myself, for obvious reasons.
~~~
A little more roles analysis:
Flabort is SK/vigilante.
All the others have no real verification(except origamiscienceguy, but what proof do we have that he's telling the truth?).
OSG claims that hector is town(exempting him from being the clone lord if OSG is telling the truth).
So we have 3 candidates for being the Clone Lord, and 4 for being cultists(let's assume we're dealing with a scenario that has the Clone Lord and a cultist).
So... here's our possibilities.

CL......................cultist
Hector                 flabort
Hector                 TigerDude
Hector                 OSG
TigerDude            flabort
TigerDude            OSG
TigerDude            Hector
OSG                     flabort
OSG                     TigerDude
OSG                     Hector
~~~
Now because I'm lazy I'd like someone else to write the pros and cons of each possibility, but if necessary I'll do it myself.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »

You forgot a few.
CL...................cultist
FallacyofUrist    Hector
FallacyofUrist    OSG
FallacyofUrist    Flabort
FallacyofUrist    Sabertooth
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »

Fiiiiiiine. If you want those included, go ahead.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »

What's this "Guardian Recruit" stuff, FoU?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2015, 02:28:54 pm »

... vanilla townie.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2015, 02:39:27 pm »

Aye, but nowhere has it been said, before now. Not even DA has mentioned anything like that. Why not just say VT? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2015, 02:41:31 pm »

It was somewhat mentioned... in flavor. You know, some players were recent recruits to the guardians with no powers yet...
It just sounded nicer to me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 26, 2015, 02:53:21 pm »

It may sound nicer, but it also sounds like you know things you shouldn't, like role flavour names...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2015, 02:55:53 pm »

get back to scum hunting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2015, 02:56:57 pm »

Right back atcha :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

Question one. Is origamiscienceguy telling the truth?
If he is, then you're town, if he's not, then you're likely cult and so is he, likely.
So possibility one- you being the clone lord and origamiscienceguy is covering for you.
Or possibility two- you being a VT as you claim and origamiscienceguy is telling the truth.
~~~
Possibility one action requirement- vote for you in order to win the game as town.
Possibility two action requirement- jump to alternate possibilities...
~~~
Possibility three- TigerDudeWhoNeedsToPost being the Clone Lord and has converted you/origamiscienceguy.
~~~
I'm somewhat weighted towards possibility three because of TigerDude's lurking and not responding to my attack post, plus you're just so active and scum hunting...
~~~
You know what? Enough already. TigerDude, my vote stays on you until you post, blast it. We can't really get this game on until you do.
Mod's convenience: SaberToothTiger.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 26, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

Question one. Is origamiscienceguy telling the truth?
If he is, then you're town, if he's not, then you're likely cult and so is he, likely.
So possibility one- you being the clone lord and origamiscienceguy is covering for you.
Or possibility two- you being a VT as you claim and origamiscienceguy is telling the truth.
~~~
Possibility one action requirement- vote for you in order to win the game as town.
Possibility two action requirement- jump to alternate possibilities...
~~~
Possibility three- TigerDudeWhoNeedsToPost being the Clone Lord and has converted you/origamiscienceguy.
~~~
I'm somewhat weighted towards possibility three because of TigerDude's lurking and not responding to my attack post, plus you're just so active and scum hunting...
~~~
You know what? Enough already. TigerDude, my vote stays on you until you post, blast it. We can't really get this game on until you do.
Mod's convenience: SaberToothTiger.
You are right that Sabertooth really needs to post. I don't see anything wrong with your analysis, but I would like to point out that almost every situation you indicated would still work if you were the clone lord.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 26, 2015, 03:18:52 pm »

Just 'cause I'm active, doesn't mean I'm not the CL :P

Possibility one is a sensible, if I were CL to have my cultist clear me... But not if I'm pushing them as cult.

Possibility two has issues. I can be telling the truth independent of OSG's claim. He might be trying to get me to view him positively if he is cult by "confirming" my claim, whether that's because he's the CL who converted the role, or the role that was converted by the CL.

If you're correct in your assertion that we're both being honest, neither of us are the CL, so it'd be between you, Saber and flabsy.

Why didn't you consider flabort as CL in those possibilities?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 26, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »

Two players have been night killed. Flabort claims he did it and nobody else counterclaimed. Beyond absurdity- you know what? Let's consider some absurdity.

Suppose Flabort, not being a cultist, is the Clone Lord and has a nightkill that he can use instead of cloning people. And instead of cloning people, he decided to basically be a serial killer.
Wouldn't that be horrible.

Now I'm going to go design a bastard mod for a bit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 26, 2015, 06:03:40 pm »

Would kinda like to point out that it is the Christmas weekend so... Pressure votes on Saber aren't necessarily going to get him to post. Particularly considering they haven't really worked before...

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38