Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: A Game of Clones: Game Over, Town-Cult Draw!  (Read 51513 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones, Day 2; The Earth Shattering Kaboom!
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2015, 11:36:25 am »

And now for the fillipk option.

Alright, guys.  I'm back at a computer and ready to respond to any...

This game has strong superhero themes with the Guardians of the Earth and a satellite base so therefore it makes sense for everyone to be a power role.
Unvote.
Seriously, fillipk?  How does mentioning this idea help the town AT ALL?  Obviously, anyone who thinks this idea could be right would have a power role, and anyone who confidently disagrees or asserts that it is impossible would just be a vanilla townie.  This is information that the Cult Leader would love to hear.  Discussing this idea brings NO benefit to the town whatsoever.

Why shouldn't I believe that you are the cult leader using this comment to fish for power roles?

Fuck off, Megas, stop stealing my thunder. I was just looking for filipk's game history before actually calling him out on it. Bitch :P

Unvote
Vote filipk
Here we see fillipk providing a potentially valuable piece of information to the cult leader. And getting tackled for it.

Read Megggas' analysis for maximum impact.
EBWOP

As an addendum to Megas stuff, filipk, if town, has essentially just claimed a power role. Not good play for D1, I think.
And let's not forget this. If he was town D1, I imagine there's some likelihood that he got converted N1 as a result of this.

On how he balanced the game?  Clone lord's minions can become the clone lord, or they all have his powers, if we get one then he can still act through his cult, and he starts with one, its how I would have done it.  As for third parties, I would say there would probably be a survivor, reporter type person, can't think of much else.

What ploy, if we are all power roles like I think then we all have a thematic name, because we are all superheroes, we will have a super hero identity as our role name, mine is Jotunn, since by saying this I am claiming to be a power role.  I'm not rolefishing you can say if you are a power role or not.  If I was the clone lord I would keep this to myself and not worry about hitting a power role and let everyone else consider the fact that there might be vanilla townies.  Plus day 2 we can claim powers and name.
Then he goes on to actually claim a power role D1. Gragh.

Now, I say we don't get the advantage here. If anything, this... this...  first section: just foul. We do not get the advantage here- what I speak of is time. The piece of information "the vast majority of players are power roles" is deducible via looking at role flips. But if the theory comes out early, the clone lord gets a good benefit, not so for town- we aren't going to role claim D1 or D2, yeh?

Second section: he promptly votes me as a rather reactionary vote. And there's plenty of need to rolefish if you're clone lord regardless of whether or not everybody has powers- you need to know who has what kind of powers.
And to respond to the second section of the second section:
Yes, I am trying to downplay what you're saying. Because it's all based on flavor and speculation.
If you want to make yourself useful D1, start hunting scum.
It's fine if you want to start with me, you're still hunting.

D1, fillipk, instead of hunting scum for most of it, basically floundered, doing a sort of active lurk, disguising that by using theorycrafting. When he finally decided to vote(seriously, that is), he went as a reactionary vote against me.

I guess I got a bit ahead of myself and your right my theory is kinda looks stupid now, and apparently is wrong if people are to be believed, but it has had two effects on this game.

1. If I avoid getting lynched and people start calming down and seeing me as town I've made myself a target for the cult as a realitively safe convert and someone with a power role

2. It stirred up a hornet's nest of new content to analyze and maybe find scum.

Yes FoU, my vote was kinda reactionary trying to find someone else to suggest as scum, wish I had paid more attention to the sabertooth post.
And then there's this bit. Pay attention to effect number one and the first sentence.

And then he swerves onto the easier lynch, Chromatic Wasp, pushing the bandwagon through. Poof.

fillipk:  Which person are you the most suspicious of being the cult leader?
Fallacy of Urist.  I'll get back to you with why on Saturday or Sunday later in the afternoon pacific time.
Until you post regarding this, fillipk, I'll keep my vote on you(there's more against you than against SaberTooth, somewhat).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2015, 12:12:18 pm »

Would you mind summarising your cases against both parties? For the lazy among us.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops.
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »

FillipK So why DID you use my post as evidence to support your flavor-analysis theory? Also, how do you know Saber is still misguided town and hasn't been converted overnight?
It was more as evidence for a lack of third parties then as for we are all power roles.  As to your second part I don't but I see him as playing like me in my first mafia game C++ mostly in my second day and I was town then.  However he could have been converted overnight but I doubt it.  He's on the verge of being lynched so he would be a bad choice to turn because you would just lose someone when he is lynched.

fillipk:  Which person are you the most suspicious of being the cult leader?
Fallacy of Urist.  I'll get back to you with why on Saturday or Sunday later in the afternoon pacific time.
This is more of a gut feeling and a hunch, I'm looking back for more concrete evidence but constructing a case will take a small amount of time

fillipk
1.  You claimed to have a power role during Day 1.  Is this the first time you've had a power role in a mafia game?  Just a "yes" or "no" will suffice.  No need to tell me anything more about your role.
2.  What's your reasoning for thinking SabertoothTiger is newbie town versus newbie cult?

1. Yes
2. I answered that in my first answer.

Hm. Let the Inquisition begin!

Chromatic Wasp:
1. One of the claims against you is that you are a rather passive player and are jumping on bandwagons. Do you intend to do some independent(more so, anyway) scum hunting on the players that haven't been much in the spotlight?
2. hector13 just dropped a bomb on you with his most recent post.
(Um... hector? You do realize that the last two links in the active lurking section lead to the same message, and both those two messages are fairly close together? It's not really a trend...)
2 continued. In any case, although the active lurking doesn't look real to me, I would agree with hector that you are acting as a rather passive player(really, now you're only defending yourself), and you seem to be rather weak in your voting.
3. You, good sir, are rather scummy.
4. Any counters, good sir?

Oh, and 5. The only reason I'm not voting for you right now, Chromatic Wasp, is because I don't think fillipk has answered my attacks against him yet(correct me if I'm wrong, in which case I'll move on).
Im sorry, I must have missed them, can you remind me of your attacks please.
Please FoU
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

You better find some evidence there, fillipk. Right now it just looks like a massive OMGUS. You promised stuff over the weekend and didn't deliver, it's not looking good for you...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2015, 01:58:00 pm »

flabort: looks like you were kinda-sorta building a case on Megas. How comes you're not voting him?

SaberTooth: you seem to think that everyone voting for you is only doing so to pressure you. Do you not think they're going to lynch you if you continue doing nothing? You have suspicions of fillipk, but as you admit, he's not posting. Why not, oh I don't know... put pressure on someone else?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2015, 02:06:25 pm »

SaberToothTiger You say lynching someone for not lynching someone is lousy as hell. But the vote and lynch is the town's most powerful weapon: to not use it to it's full potential is scummy. As far as questions today goes, could you please pose some questions to someone or arguments towards lynching someone/anyone? I haven't seen any serious scum-hunting from you and I'd like you to try.

Am I supposed to lynch a random dude for your entertainment? Don't bother with the "pressure" vote, there are like three other dudorinos all doing the same.
That's not what I'm asking you to do at all. Perhaps you could read the things you quote, cult leader. It's no wonder the info megggas is getting is faulty, at least assuming I'm correct in this accusation.

I'm asking you to stop reacting to votes on you like they're permanent and start doing some scum hunting. As it is, you've done nothing to advance the game state except tunnel on fillipk, leading a likely mislynch.

Lynching a random dude is wrong. It leads to defeat, every time. But what you're doing, by accusing fillipk without asking him any questions to generate further proof or looking for proof against anyone elsel is essentially trying to lynch the first random dude that caught your interest! So stop that, start scum hunting, and start helping the town.

Ppe:
flabort: looks like you were kinda-sorta building a case on Megas. How comes you're not voting him?
He's my second choice, vs Saber. I have a power, too, which I can use to determine for sure whether to contine my case vs megggas.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

You better find some evidence there, fillipk. Right now it just looks like a massive OMGUS. You promised stuff over the weekend and didn't deliver, it's not looking good for you...
I know but I can't find any, I've just got this feeling...

ah screw it I'll just do reads on everyone. 
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2015, 02:28:14 pm »

I have great distaste for this role-claiming nonsense. You have a fairly significant target on your back now, and there are, of course, two ways the night phase can go down regarding you:

1. You are converted. Thus when you reveal your "result", it won't help town due to your new win-con, whether you get a hit or not.

2. You are not converted. Wonderful WIFOM, because you have revealed you have an investigation-role, we know you're a prime target for conversion, so we can't trust your result because we have no idea if you were converted or not until your flip.

I don't like either option. You're not helping town either way, man.

PPE: Unacceptable answer fillipk. If you can't find evidence you have to look for it. I refuse to believe you have a gut-feeling that arose from nowhere. It's there because of something FoU has done during the game; you have to find it, or move on. I won't lynch anyone based on you feeling gassy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »

I know but I can't find any, I've just got this feeling...

ah screw it I'll just do reads on everyone.
Doing reads is better than nothing, I say. However, I have to agree that I don't like the lack of evidence.

I have great distaste for this role-claiming nonsense. You have a fairly significant target on your back now, and there are, of course, two ways the night phase can go down regarding you:

1. You are converted. Thus when you reveal your "result", it won't help town due to your new win-con, whether you get a hit or not.

2. You are not converted. Wonderful WIFOM, because you have revealed you have an investigation-role, we know you're a prime target for conversion, so we can't trust your result because we have no idea if you were converted or not until your flip.

I don't like either option. You're not helping town either way, man.
Oh, you're saying it's too early to claim, am I right?
Don't worry, I think I can handle the target on my back. I don't think you've covered all the bases, since I don't think either of those options are how the night will go down, but I understand that just saying "I have a power role" is not helping the town right now.

So now I have two options.
1) Reveal more about my role, thus making myself a bigger target for night actions.
2) not reveal anything more, making myself a bigger target for lynch.

At the moment I think option 2 is safer. I might change my mind later, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2015, 03:28:10 pm »

I revealed the most likely thing I thought would happen. Other things I considered I didn't want to reveal in case they are true.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2015, 03:39:01 pm »

Though I would like to point out that this could easily be you trying to distance yourself from Megas after you converted him last night.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Clones: In Space... Line?
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2015, 09:18:11 pm »

"This is Roxxy Roads, reporting from outside the New York offices of the Guardians of Earth. There has been no sign of any resolution to the sudden and unexpected shutdown of their space base, commonly nicknamed 'Olympus', although we have received numerous calls from citizens claiming to have witnessed a body being jettisoned from the craft last night. More concerning, the Clone Lord rumoured to be behind the disturbance has attracted a large following on Earth. This movement claims that the Guardians have gone too far in building such a base in the first place. Some even go so far as to say that the Guardians have a nuclear-powered laser weapon mounted on the base, which would certainly be a cause for alarm if true. We have yet to get any reply from the Guardians themselves or anyone affiliated with them, which does little to ease the concerns of the people. Roxxy Roads, signing off."

Votecount:
SaberToothTiger (2): hector13, flabort
fillipk (1): Fallacyofurist

Day ends in ~40 hours.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2015, 02:08:09 am »

Unvote

I find this lack of activity... disturbing.

It has struck me that we're potentially in a MYLO situation.

We presently have 7 players alive, with probably 2 cult. Mis-lynching town puts us to 6, and then the cult (assuming they succeeded in a conversion N1 and N2) will have 3... controlling half the vote, and likely winning, especially if whoever killed TDS decides to kill another townie (intentionally or otherwise)

Damn.

Extend, methinks.

Insomnia analysis time! (without evidence. oh well. will probably (maybe-kinda-sorta) be provided on request. Or not)

FoU: has been stuck on deciding between SaberTooth and fillipk pretty much the whole game. I feel like there's some confirmation bias going on with him; should probably be murdered just for spoiling Force Awakens, but that's got nothing to do with the game... uncertain on his alignment, though "feels" town.

Megas: Quite active D1, very much town-read then. D2 is... suspect. His questions seem very shallow, almost RVS-like: specifically asking OSG when he replaced in and fillipk if they've ever had a power role before. The vote collection thing is also bothering me; it's just summarising what happened, rather than looking for something. Probably a convert saying "look, I was really active D1, I'm not scum!" so I'm inclined to say he's cult, but not the CL.

SaberTooth: Is n00b. I have difficulty reading n00bs. Could be town, which I lean toward, could be CL active lurking. With my read on Megas, particularly with him kind of telling me to not look too much into CW's votes too much... could be CL.

fillipk: bit of a null read. Was quite busy defending hisself D1 after the role-fishing debacle, I'm inclined to say he is a PR rather than cult. Arguably too likely a conversion target to have been converted, but that's a bit WIFOM-y... probably town.

flabort: difficult to read. For some reason I think he's a strong candidate for CL, given my read on Megas and their interaction in which flabs drops an FoS on him, but insists Saber is still their top scum pick. It feels like distancing to me.

The whole role-claiming thing also bothers me. We've had one investigative role flip already, I find it hard to believe there's another. It's not going to be a killing- or blocking-role because he also said it would confirm whether or not going ahead with the case against Megas is a good idea... so bugger it. flabort

OSG:

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2015, 09:57:35 am »

I am feeling more up to this now, but as always, I always struggle to get in a game while replacement. But I had an idea. I think I'm gonna just sort of ramble about certain posts that seem strange to me. The I should get going. Be back in a little while!

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2015, 10:02:14 am »

I am feeling more up to this now, but as always, I always struggle to get in a game while replacement. But I had an idea. I think I'm gonna just sort of ramble about certain posts that seem strange to me. The I should get going. Be back in a little while!

I guess we can say you're awful language is the paraphrased "I'm not going to say anything useful" :P

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38