Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89852 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Alien Bukkake Line
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2016, 02:21:39 pm »

((Sorry for not posting earlier than this, guys.  Semester just started, so I've been unusually busy and stressed.))

This is a long, complex action, even moreso than my usual actions.  I'm trying to get everything done quick so that the other players can get back into the game.  If there's no risk of the anomaly infecting anyone else who views cameras in the Apoc Lab (aside from the testing room with the illusion probe, which I'm avoiding), or goes there physically, then you can skip the massive text wall and go straight to 10.

1.First, temporarily isolate my body from my brain so that I won't be moving it, and disable all sensors on my body.  Essentially I'm assuming that my body/room could possibly be contaminated, and just not dealing with it for the moment.  Furthermore, Saint will only communicate by text, and will have a program automatically remove any images, sounds, or non-text anything from messages anything he recieves.

2.Then, ascertain whether robosods can be infected by looking at silent surveillance camera feeds of any room in the Apoc lab that isn't the testing room which contained the probe which started all this.  Remotely disable all monitors in the Lab, to prevent room-crosscontamination.  If the robosods just wouldn't be infected, great, and if not, open the below spoiler to see my exact testing procedure.

3.If robosods can be infected by watching camera feeds, repeat the above test, except with video cut and audio active.  Can robosods be infected by sound only?

4.If either 2 or 3 has resulted in uninfected robosods, send several transports full of robosods down to the lab to recover as many people as possible.  If 2 was successful, the sods should have external microphones disabled.  If only 3 was successful, they should have video feeds disabled, and navigate using echolocation devices.

5.Regardless of the success of past actions, contact Heph (Note that I never told them to cut their communications with me; only the lab.).  Infodump what happened, and what I'm doing.  Then, use their resources to test whether any room in the apoc lab (aside from the dangerous probe room) infects humans.  If not, great, if so, the procedure is in the spoiler below.  Also, unlike the sod procedure, I'm going to test each room individually for contamination, so that I can at least get a safe path.

6. Next, I'm going to repeat the above experiment, except instead of a live camera view, the test subjects will watch the minute of footage leading up to when I zapped everybody unconcious.  Every safe camera's view will be watched (and if nobody was infected, that means every camera) by two different test subjects.  If neither shows infection, a researcher gets to watch that camera's minute of history.  Said researcher will be provided with a panic button which immediately shocks them unconcious, and they get shocked unconcious if their vitals start going significantly weird.

6.2.The researchers should look out for humans, and specifically for humans who did not demonstrate infection prior to being shocked ((like the doctors that helped administer painkillers to Ryan)).  Upon finding a human, they tell me about it, and we mark their location.  If the human did not show infection, the researcher is assigned to monitor the camera feed, and I'll stop holding down that person's "stay unconcious" button.

6.3.Upon an uninfected human waking up, they will have the situation explained to them, and, if applicable, a safe path out described (OR ALTERNATIVELY, if they are a doctor, a safe path leading to any wounded people).  Via whatever PA system we have set up.  Ask them to leave any unconcious humans they find, unless said human has injuries and the concious person has medical experience.  Shock the idiot back unconcious if they admit to a lack of experience, but try to treat someone anyway.  Last thing we need is another armbone shiv.

7.If I haven't already sent robosods to the Lab, send them now, except with maps of what areas are dangerous and what areas are safe.  If I've already sent robosods, don't update them, because they should be safe in the dangerous areas anyway.

8.If every plan to get someone safely inside the lab has failed, send any fully autonomous true robots we have in quantum storage.  Have a ship pick up stevebots off Heph, and bring those in for person recovery.  Maybe have stevebots possess robotic bodies, for a faster response time.

9.To recap: We may have sods going through the entire lab, using either only video or only echolocation.  We may have sods going through with full sensors, but staying in safe zones.  We may also have contact with concious humans inside the lab, who have been given maps of any dangerous areas vs. safe areas.  We should at least have autonomous robots going through the lab trying to recover people. 

10.If any of the plans have successfully recovered bodies, they will get woken up.  If we know they were uninfected, they get quarantined and remotely interrogated verbally, by a human researcher who is not Saint.  If we know they were infected, or we aren't sure, they get amnesiacs strong enough to forget the entire thing, and then get filled in on what happened.  While in quarantine.

((Phew.  Did I miss anything?  I can't think of anything else to add, at the moment.

Also, words:1286))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »

((Note: Ryan is a doctor.
   Edit: Ryan has been administered amnesiatics and his assistants do not seem to be melting.))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:37:52 pm by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2016, 07:59:28 pm »

((a simpler plan: Eject the test room back to it's universe. send sods to explore the lab. order them to text only inform you of symptoms of infection, such as walls and themselves melting. Have a small squad wake an unconscious team member and report the results via text. Have the sods haul anyone in need of medical aid to the infirmary. I think that would be enough to go on. And as for your own personal safety measures, just say "isolate myself from everything except by text. send all orders via text."

I think this covers all the necessary bases without the seemingly less necessary complications. Sure it puts more sods potentially in harms way earlier, but they are shock troops anyway.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:54 pm »

((Eject probe. Find out if you can have us moved without harm to the movers. Have us taken to an infirmary where we are administered a drug/drugs that will wipe our memory up to the point before we sent the probe, we should be safe at that point. For further safety, inject the highest mind teammate with a mind stim, and then wake them))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2016, 09:16:34 pm »

((that would be Ryan at +2))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2016, 09:38:06 pm »

((Ryan is sort of built to withstand the mindfuck that inevitably comes with the job.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »

((isn't ryan the one who is already safe though? I meant a potentially unsafe one... although I guess saint wouldn't really know who's safe))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:10 am »

((Charles is probably safe. To himself at least, seeing as he may just be asymptomatic.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:12 pm »

((Sorry for not posting earlier than this, guys.  Semester just started, so I've been unusually busy and stressed.))

This is a long, complex action, even moreso than my usual actions.  I'm trying to get everything done quick so that the other players can get back into the game.  If there's no risk of the anomaly infecting anyone else who views cameras in the Apoc Lab (aside from the testing room with the illusion probe, which I'm avoiding), or goes there physically, then you can skip the massive text wall and go straight to 10.

1.First, temporarily isolate my body from my brain so that I won't be moving it, and disable all sensors on my body.  Essentially I'm assuming that my body/room could possibly be contaminated, and just not dealing with it for the moment.  Furthermore, Saint will only communicate by text, and will have a program automatically remove any images, sounds, or non-text anything from messages anything he recieves.

2.Then, ascertain whether robosods can be infected by looking at silent surveillance camera feeds of any room in the Apoc lab that isn't the testing room which contained the probe which started all this.  Remotely disable all monitors in the Lab, to prevent room-crosscontamination.  If the robosods just wouldn't be infected, great, and if not, open the below spoiler to see my exact testing procedure.

3.If robosods can be infected by watching camera feeds, repeat the above test, except with video cut and audio active.  Can robosods be infected by sound only?

4.If either 2 or 3 has resulted in uninfected robosods, send several transports full of robosods down to the lab to recover as many people as possible.  If 2 was successful, the sods should have external microphones disabled.  If only 3 was successful, they should have video feeds disabled, and navigate using echolocation devices.

5.Regardless of the success of past actions, contact Heph (Note that I never told them to cut their communications with me; only the lab.).  Infodump what happened, and what I'm doing.  Then, use their resources to test whether any room in the apoc lab (aside from the dangerous probe room) infects humans.  If not, great, if so, the procedure is in the spoiler below.  Also, unlike the sod procedure, I'm going to test each room individually for contamination, so that I can at least get a safe path.

6. Next, I'm going to repeat the above experiment, except instead of a live camera view, the test subjects will watch the minute of footage leading up to when I zapped everybody unconcious.  Every safe camera's view will be watched (and if nobody was infected, that means every camera) by two different test subjects.  If neither shows infection, a researcher gets to watch that camera's minute of history.  Said researcher will be provided with a panic button which immediately shocks them unconcious, and they get shocked unconcious if their vitals start going significantly weird.

6.2.The researchers should look out for humans, and specifically for humans who did not demonstrate infection prior to being shocked ((like the doctors that helped administer painkillers to Ryan)).  Upon finding a human, they tell me about it, and we mark their location.  If the human did not show infection, the researcher is assigned to monitor the camera feed, and I'll stop holding down that person's "stay unconcious" button.

6.3.Upon an uninfected human waking up, they will have the situation explained to them, and, if applicable, a safe path out described (OR ALTERNATIVELY, if they are a doctor, a safe path leading to any wounded people).  Via whatever PA system we have set up.  Ask them to leave any unconcious humans they find, unless said human has injuries and the concious person has medical experience.  Shock the idiot back unconcious if they admit to a lack of experience, but try to treat someone anyway.  Last thing we need is another armbone shiv.

7.If I haven't already sent robosods to the Lab, send them now, except with maps of what areas are dangerous and what areas are safe.  If I've already sent robosods, don't update them, because they should be safe in the dangerous areas anyway.

8.If every plan to get someone safely inside the lab has failed, send any fully autonomous true robots we have in quantum storage.  Have a ship pick up stevebots off Heph, and bring those in for person recovery.  Maybe have stevebots possess robotic bodies, for a faster response time.

9.To recap: We may have sods going through the entire lab, using either only video or only echolocation.  We may have sods going through with full sensors, but staying in safe zones.  We may also have contact with concious humans inside the lab, who have been given maps of any dangerous areas vs. safe areas.  We should at least have autonomous robots going through the lab trying to recover people. 

10.If any of the plans have successfully recovered bodies, they will get woken up.  If we know they were uninfected, they get quarantined and remotely interrogated verbally, by a human researcher who is not Saint.  If we know they were infected, or we aren't sure, they get amnesiacs strong enough to forget the entire thing, and then get filled in on what happened.  While in quarantine.

((Phew.  Did I miss anything?  I can't think of anything else to add, at the moment.

Also, words:1286))
Well we skipped to 10 and we'll assume that the bodies are recovered and brought to the infirmary where they are filled full of amnesiacs. The guy whose head melted now has a "Mind" stat of -1 but is otherwise unharmed. Everyone else regains the use of their "dissolved" body parts after waking up, though you still have problems using your arms. Must be something to with the amnesiacs. Maybe a lingering effect.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »

((Gus already has -1 mind. The brain damage made no difference!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »

((Now that's an optimized character build!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:55 pm »

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:38:00 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2016, 04:01:38 pm »

Enjoy the high just a little longer. I want to get back into the conga line of death.

...In fact, let's take this anesthetic and spend a round getting a Haebi limb (-8 tokens). Maybe both arms for a -1 token discount (-15 tokens)?
They were my babies, after all :P

Either way, probes to:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:15:24 pm by Gentlefish »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »

((And I'll reiterate this here, since it might have been missed in the OOC thread. Xan, please use the Hephaestus thread for the Doctor interaction RPing (whatever parts of it would be open to public) and don't clutter this tread with it unless you are joining M26. In that case, never mind, I guess.

Just to point out: This is the Apocalypse Lab, situated on the outermost planet of Hephaestus system. The Doctor is on Hephaestus the planet which is half a solar system from this place. Wrong bus stop. ;D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:39 pm »

Gus opens his eyes slowly, and blinks a couple times. He wonders idly where he is, and what exactly happened, before the memory hits him like a train.

Bolting out of bed, he screams and clutches at his face. It takes him a moment to realize that it's just flesh, unscathed flesh he's feeling, and a minute or so more to calm himself down.

What follows are several minutes of tense, awkward silence, during which Gus confirms that each and every facial feature is present and accounted for. Only after he's reasonably satisfied that nothing is missing or damaged does he lay back and relax.

"Itsh- ish thhere. Shtill there," he sighs, the relief evident both in his tone, and in the expression on his miraculously not-imploded face.

Acclimatize to not being dead. Once I have a reasonable grip on reality, get my gear together and find the rest of the team.

EDIT: Send a phase 1 probe to 9,9,9.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:32:13 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54