Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Roll to become the legend: turn 29: soiled chainmail and a voice in the air  (Read 27631 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 20: casting spells on unsuspecting ladies
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2016, 07:46:03 pm »

"I wanted to see it, and the young rhino here brought me along. I saw the bowl and the stone upon which it sat, and found them interesting. You must be the Lady. Where I am from, we show our respect for the sacred and for stranger by removing our hat. What should I do in this land? [...] What is this place, and who are you?"
She smiles at you.

"Removing you hat will do just fine, I recognize the gesture. They indeed refer to me as the lady. This is the elder tree, the guardian of this forest. I am its caretaker."

Cast Protection from Mind Control on PK, Nyak-Nyak, and myself, then cast Detect Misleading on the woman. Scan the area with my Mage-Sight.

"I came here to investigate a large source of magic that's at the center of this forest, which I assume is here, and to find out what it is, what it does, why it's here, and if it has anything to do with why I'm in this dimension instead of my own. Who and what are you, by the way?"
Before NyakNyak and the Lady converse, you stealthily cast protection from mind control on all of you. When you cast detect misleading on her, however, she turns to you. She smiles and wipes a strand of hair from in front of her face. When she flicks her wrist, a tiny purple arch of magical energy dissipates into the air, and you feel your spell vanish.

"My, aren't we forward. Do you cast spells on all the cute girls you meet? Naughty naughty, didn't your mother teach you any manners?"

You take a look around with your mage sight. Along with the usual suspects with magic, you notice that the woman is also brimming with magic. When you gaze over to the trunk of the big tree in the middle of the clearing, you're nearly blinded by the sheer amount of magic it contains.
Darius would decide to get closer, and try to examine what they were up to. Perhaps these were the nomads he had heard of?
He would Maintain a distance where he could return to camp easily if something happened, though he would not try to remain hidden.

You decide to move up and try to get a bit closer, without trying to be sneaky about it and keeping close enough to the camp for a quick retreat. You walk around to the side of the boulder to get a view of the ruins. There are three beasts faffing about next to the ruins. They're large and you can't really tell what they are in this darkness.

You can clearly see the nomad sentry just on the opposite side of the chest high wall of them however, since he's holding a burning torch. He's fairly tall and wrapped in a long cloak, his head obscured by a sort of full head turban. He notices you standing next to the boulder fairly fast, since you're not making much of an effort to hide yourself. He waves at you with his free hand.

. Oh. I thought I had posted an action, srry.

Tell the guards to leave me and that I require no payment. Figure out what the thing eats from what was in the place.
The guards leave without saying much after grabbing the body of their fallen comrades. You step up to the nest and look at the chick. It's about the size of a swan, but it looks like a bit like a vicious, feral chicken. It looks up at you with big eyes. From the blood on its beak and what the bigger bird was doing with the guardsman, you can safely say that it eats meat.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:02:04 pm by Pancaek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »

((@Pancaek, er, the the first spell name is a bit wrong.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2016, 07:56:00 pm »

((And the 'you cast mind control'.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »

((Whoops. Updating your rtd's at 2 in the morning isn't the best of ideas. Thanks for pointing it out.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »

((Fix, yeah, but then, well...
Go to sleep, dude.))
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2016, 08:00:14 pm »

Darius would give a friendly wave hello back, but wouldn't go any closer unless he was signaled to do so. They might be performing some sort of religious ceremony, and one that is best left undisturbed. he would also take a brief glance back at camp to make sure nothing was encroaching on it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2016, 08:01:42 pm »

. Oh. I thought I had posted an action, srry.

Tell the guards to leave me and that I require no payment. Figure out what the thing eats from what was in the place.
The guards leave without saying much after grabbing the body of their fallen comrades. You step up to the nest and look at the chick. It's about the size of a swan, but it looks like a bit like a vicious, feral chicken. It looks up at you with big eyes. From the blood on its beak and what the bigger bird was doing with the guardsman, you can safely say that it eats meat.

((Also going to edit this into the turn.))

((Fix, yeah, but then, well...
Go to sleep, dude.))
((Bah, it's not like I want to be awake during the first half of the day. Nighttime is much more comfy anyway.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »

Check if any of the other spells that I've cast since arriving in this dimension have been dispelled.

"Yes, yes I do. They tend to be the type of creatures or illusions that try to manipulate you."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2016, 09:10:48 pm »

Cast Interrogate Plants on the stump.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2016, 08:29:24 am »

"It is a magnificent tree, Lady. I'm honoured to see it. The young rhino told me of an evil deep in the forest. What is it, and what is the venerable elder tree's relation to it? You see, I am not entirely sure how it came to be that I am here, and I am wondering if I was pulled... Anyway, do you know of this evil?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 21: Beef Jerky and primordial evil
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »

Darius would give a friendly wave hello back, but wouldn't go any closer unless he was signaled to do so. They might be performing some sort of religious ceremony, and one that is best left undisturbed. he would also take a brief glance back at camp to make sure nothing was encroaching on it.
Upon seeing your wave, the guy hops over the little wall and walks to about the halfway point between your two positions. He waves again and signals for you to come closer. For what it's worth, you can't see any kind of weapons on his person.

You also take a brief glance back at the camp and your surroundings. Everything is quiet, save for the low snoring of the knight.

Check if any of the other spells that I've cast since arriving in this dimension have been dispelled.

"Yes, yes I do. They tend to be the type of creatures or illusions that try to manipulate you."
You can only really say for sure for spells that give you some kind of feedback, since you'd notice they stopped giving feedback. So far, doesn't seem like any other spell has been dispelled though.

"Ah" she smiles "A wizard through and through. What a lonely existance your kind must lead."

Cast Interrogate Plants on the stump.
You wot? Very well, you cast interrogate plants on the stump. It says "hmmm, photosynthesis" over and over.

Give it some fruit/vegetables to see if it can eat that, then feed it (meat). Find something in the mansion that I could use to transport it without being questioned by guards.
You roll an apple over to it. It looks at it curiously, pokes at it a few times with his beak, then loses interest completely. You throw it some beef jerky next, and it snaps it our of the air and gobbles it up.

The guards have left for town, so unless your go in the same direction and run to catch up with them, they aren't going to bother you. Still, there's an old baby carriage overturned in the corner. You could use one of the drapes as a blanket to cover it up, for sure.

"It is a magnificent tree, Lady. I'm honoured to see it. The young rhino told me of an evil deep in the forest. What is it, and what is the venerable elder tree's relation to it? You see, I am not entirely sure how it came to be that I am here, and I am wondering if I was pulled... Anyway, do you know of this evil?"
"Yes, I am its guardian." She points over at the large tree "In the Elder tree ancient heroes have trapped a primordial evil. The tree saps its power and uses it to nourish the lands around it, bringing prosperity and fertile ground to all. So long as the tree exists, its terrible power will endanger this world no more."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 21: beef jerky and primordial evil
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »

"What kind of evil? How do we know that what you're saying is true?"

"Are you that primordial evil?"

Divine if she has ever tried to mislead me. Let Death watch, I don't care if he sees this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:01:04 am by ATHATH »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »

satisfied the camp was safe, Darius would approach the nomad.
"Hello. Are you one of the nomads that I have heard about?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2016, 03:20:56 pm »

"Aha. So you guard the tree to make sure the evil is kept within. I see. So. Do you need any aid? Is there something that threatens the tree, recently? You see, I don't know what it is yet, but I was drawn to this world for some reason, I presume, because it's always seemed to me that these things happen in this way... and then upon arriving here I chanced upon a village, and helped its inhabitants, and ended up drifting here by following... talk. Words. But, in a way that seemed to drag me here, if you will. But I wonder if perhaps I was not drawn to this tree specifically, but that of course it is such a marvel that it would be natural for me to be distracted by it, en route to another place where I am actually required.

Say, does the tree not suffer?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 22: birds, nomads, exposition
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2016, 05:17:58 pm »

Alright, hmm... let's go to a nearby village, not including the one I left.

And use the carriage.

((I meant by, well, any guards, not the ones I left. Doesn't matter, tho.))
You use the carriage to transport the bird. It chirps a bit, but quiets down when you put the blanket over it.

Alright, before we do this, I'm just going to warn you. There's an assload of villages around these parts. I could literally keep making villages to keep you busy just going from village to village for months. So, if you still want to go to another village, put what you're looking for or what you want to do once there in your action. That way, if you're looking for something specific, we don't need to keep doing the random village tango until you find what you want. If you just want something random, that's fine too, but I thought I'd warn you.

"What kind of evil? How do we know that what you're saying is true?"

"Are you that primordial evil?"

Divine if she has ever tried to mislead me. Let Death watch, I don't care if he sees this.
"You do not. The evil was sealed away long ago and all records if it were destroyed, so as to make sure no cult would spring up." She loses her smile for a second "No, I am the guardian of the tree. I have lived here for as long as the tree has existed."

You cast divination to see if she is telling the truth. [5] She is.

satisfied the camp was safe, Darius would approach the nomad.
"Hello. Are you one of the nomads that I have heard about?"
You approach the nomad and ask him. Upon getting closer, you see that underneath the bandages there is a sort of deep purple coloured, faintly shiny shell. You hear a few clicking noises, then the nomad starts to speak in a hoarse manner.

"Greeting, traveller, blessed is your journey. I is indeed of Sil'than. This road not many travel, not easy. Why here?"

"Aha. So you guard the tree to make sure the evil is kept within. I see. So. Do you need any aid? Is there something that threatens the tree, recently? You see, I don't know what it is yet, but I was drawn to this world for some reason, I presume, because it's always seemed to me that these things happen in this way... and then upon arriving here I chanced upon a village, and helped its inhabitants, and ended up drifting here by following... talk. Words. But, in a way that seemed to drag me here, if you will. But I wonder if perhaps I was not drawn to this tree specifically, but that of course it is such a marvel that it would be natural for me to be distracted by it, en route to another place where I am actually required.

Say, does the tree not suffer?"

"I am afraid I cannot help you with that, young one. The tree is quite well and nothing has made an attempt to release the evil in at least a hundred years. If anything brought you here, it was not the tree.

It does not. It is a kind of parasite, leeching off of the evil in order to live. If the evil were to be released, then it would suffer and wither."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14