Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 72777 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Night 2: Now with a title! [11/16]
« Reply #690 on: January 08, 2016, 08:16:37 pm »

At 4:02 PM EST today, Salsacookies posted a verbatim copy of his role PM in an effort to defend himself, violating the "no quoting the mod in relation to PMs" rule.  He clearly did not intend harm, and such quotation is not as harmful in this setup as in others, but the rule was seriously violated.  This is basically one of the main two situations the rule was made to prevent.

I hate to do this.  I hate, hate, hate to do this, but I have to enforce the rules, and this particular rule is pretty much impossible to enforce with warnings.  Salsa's almost a dead man walking anyway, at least, so the impact is lessened, and I'm letting him carry out his vengekill.  He's welcome back in any future game I run.

In the future, make sure to paraphrase.

For a while, the meeting seemed like a normal one.  Well, at least as normal as any meeting to deal with organized crime through democratic firings could be.  Accusations were flying around, evidence was being laid out, theoretical discussions occurred...the usual.

As the pressure on Salsacookies grew, though, things changed.  He, after all, had an alibi best not shown.  At the time of the crime, Salsacookies was stealing technical documents from a competitor.  Industrial espionage.  Salsacookies laid his secret, unredacted personnel file on the table for everyone to see.  This could prove to be a major security breach, so he was dealt with accordingly.

A few hours after he revealed himself, a special security team entered the room.  To be precise, they kicked the door in, leapt into the room, shot Salsacookies repeatedly, and left as if nothing happened.  Salsa bled.  Nobody helped him.  He bled some more.  Nobody moved.  Finally, he slowly drew his own handgun and, in his last moments, killed origamiscienceguy.

Then everyone alive had dinner and went to bed.

Day 2 has ended!  I'll throw the votecount in later.  And flavour.  And a title.

Votecount:
* origamiscienceguy - {0}
* FallacyofUrist - Hector13 {1}
* TheDarkStar - Salsacookies, H4zardZ1 {2}
* Hector13 - H4zardZ1 {1}
* Teneb - {0}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - Tomasque {1}
* Tiruin - {0}
* The Moonlit Shadow - Teneb {1}
* H4zardZ1 - {0}
* Tomasque - {0}
* Salsacookies - The Moonlit Shadow, origamiscienceguy, Deus Asmoth, fillipk, FallacyofUrist {5}
No Lynch - {0}

7 to hammer.

Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Tiruin, Tiruin, TheBiggerFish

Salsacookies has been modkilled!  He was Diamond in the Witch House, Town!
Spoiler: Salsa's role (click to show/hide)

By a PM discussion that started as I was in the middle of writing this post, I learned Salsa's vengekill target.

origamiscienceguy has been vengekilled!  origamiscienceguy was Space Oddity, Town!
N1, origamiscienceguy inspected Hector13.
Spoiler: OSG's role (click to show/hide)

It is now Night 2!  Night 2 ends 9:00 PM PST, Sunday, January 10th.  Please send in actions before then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:52:30 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:35 am »

Day 3

Ok so this is eth story of the mafia and town

One day two townies were dead because people were killing them that night suddenly a corpse apeared.    The townes said "we need to kill the demons" and the mafia said "no you are the demons we are mafias"!  Then they started voting and fighting and everyone tried to lunch eac other.  It is too lat.  You have to kill the mafias or townis or do your win thing

That was hte story of the mafia and town night 2

The Moonlit Shadow has been killed!  The Moonlit Shadow was Valkyrie II: Lacuna, Town!

hector13 has been killed!  hector13 was Combine Harvester, Town!

Votecount:
* FallacyofUrist - {0}
* TheDarkStar - {0}
* Teneb - {0}
* fillipk - {0}
* Deus Asmoth - {0}
* TheBiggerFish - {0}
* Tiruin - {0}
* H4zardZ1 - {0}
* Tomasque - {0}
No Lynch - {0}

5 to hammer.

Not Voting: origamiscienceguy, FallacyofUrist, TheDarkStar, Teneb, fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, Tiruin, H4zardZ1, H4zardZ1, Tomasque

Extension Requests: 0/5

Spoiler: hector13's Role (click to show/hide)

Day 3 ends at 9:30 PM PST Tuesday, January 12th.  There are two extensions available.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2016, 05:34:27 am »

Well, this sucks.
FallacyofUrist:Why did you visit me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2016, 07:05:44 am »

And another bites the dust...

Everyone: So who do you think killed who? One kill was probably the mafia, leaving the other to be killed by a vig/vet/other town killer or a third party SK. Once I reread the last few pages, I'll have a better idea about possible alignments.

FoU: No, you're not getting out of this question:

Or maybe it's the extension request that bothers me. Irrespective, I am bothered by something. Explain yourself.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2016, 09:35:53 am »

@TDS Really, it could be anyone, but it's a good bet to say at least one of them was killed by mafia. The other? You said who I thought did it, and I really have no idea who could have killed the either a since I don't know whether an SK/Vig/Vet exists - or even which one was the mafia kill (perhaps neither, but I doubt that).

Which just boils down to "what you said, but maybe no maf kills."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 2: Family Resemblance [13/16]
« Reply #695 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:00 am »

oh.
Er hang on a minute sunshine, this suggest you thought you were the hammer, yet you still ask Salsa a question? What?
I presume you mean something like this one(correct me if I'm wrong).
The answer being:

I wasn't quite keeping track of the vote count- basically, I posted and then realized after the fact that it would hammer(not really, but that was what I thought), posted "oh". After after that, I learned that there wouldn't be a hammer yet. Slightly confused myself there.
~~~
Dangit Salsa why did you have to claim survivor?
~~~
Well, this sucks.
I was busy using you as my meatshield. If someone would have tried to kill me, that would have hit you instead. Hope you don't mind.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:59 pm »

TDS: Why were you not posting for much of the second day?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 11, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

Well, this sucks.
TBF nice to see you scum hunting, you avoided my vote for now.

Mod: am i still marked?

Everyone else: someone wanna claim marking me now? Or explain what the mark was?

Tiruin: you are a double voter yet you had no vote day 2, in fact I don't think you even posted day 2, PFP so I might be wrong but you wanna explain that?

*PPE* I looked back and saw 4 posts, I can see the bad internet problems but do you mind explaining why you weren't happy with the state of the voting yet cast no vote?
Gwuhh, bad internet + people posting much [ie Emotional posts] > contentful posts will take some time to go through <_<
Extend please?

I am not happy with the state of voting as it is, today.

Teneb: you were the only one voting Moonlit and now they are dead, how do you plead?

Also you had low activity day 2, is there a reason for that cause you only attacked moonlit, and then salsa for threatening his vengeful kill and then you disappeared.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 11, 2016, 01:43:43 pm »

Mod: am i still marked?
fillipk: You were not marked N2.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:14 pm »

Tomasque

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »

also, bah. (SALSACOOOKKIIIIIEEEESSS >:( >:( >:()
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 11, 2016, 03:03:10 pm »

@Fallacy:You could have asked for a medic.  I kind of do mind.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »

@Fallacy:You could have asked for a medic.  I kind of do mind.
Noted. Unfortunately for me, it won't be happening again, as that was my one shot.

In any case, here's my full claim- I don't want to confuse/inconvenience the town any longer by keeping it a secret. If this makes me a mafia target, so be it.

I am Shop Vac by Johnathan Coulton.
I have a night ability that blocks and protects a target.
I have an auto ability that makes me immune to actions with multiple targets.
My one shot ability, now used, lets me use another player as a meat shield, and tells them I visited them.

I would give names too, but I'm not sure at what point the rule against quoting role PMs applies.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 11, 2016, 04:35:27 pm »

I would give names too, but I'm not sure at what point the rule against quoting role PMs applies.
Quote in quote tags linking (ineffectively) to the PM, or directly dumping a PM unparaphrased and representing it as the PM ("my action was blocked" is fine.  "I received a PM saying 'your action was blocked'" is not).  Applies to all PMs from me, whether action or role PMs.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 11, 2016, 05:55:17 pm »

FoU: why did you decide to use that ability last night when you hadn't done anything during the day that would particularly warrant a scumkill from what I can see? And why did you decide on TBF?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65