Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [SG]You have super powers. Developing combat mechanics, please hold.  (Read 15867 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...Inspired? by this game.

It's been a while, hasn't it?  Since everything started.  Do you remember how it all began?

How these powers, be they blessing or curse, entered into your life?

Who are you (Name, Gender (how you think of yourself), Sex (fiddly bits))? 

What can you do (powers)?  (Did you know what you could do, when you started out?) 

What happened to bring this about? 

Oh, and if you care to mention it, where (on 20XX Earth) are you now?

(A note:  Depending on how the story goes, 'where are you now?' might be a dream sequence.)

And please, for the origin of your powers, just don't use radioactivity.  It's never made sense and I will personally track you down and bap you on the skull with a foam hammer labelled "Have some seemingly-arbitrary realism please!" if you try.

As for the rest of it, I'm fine with wherever this goes.  If it's superheroics (with realistic aftereffects, mind you!), if it's just navigating life with superpowers, if it's something else entirely.

Have at it!

Who are you, what can you do, and how did everything start?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:03:40 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: [SG]You have super powers. What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:01:46 am »

Who are you:Test subject Kelly
 kelly is physically genderless but sometimes calls themselves she or her

What can you do:Kelly has the power to consume people and animals alive gaining their memory strengths and knowledge and the more living things kelly eats the more powers can manifest.

What happened to bring this about:Kelly was an attempt to make a sentient lifeform out of flesh eating bacteria.... they succeeded.

Where:Moscow Russia
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:04:17 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 01:06:41 am »

(@ATH:Is that you're there now, or there then?  Also hi.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 01:09:06 am »

(@ATH:Is that you're there now, or there then?  Also hi.)
There now escaped from lab in russia ended up in moscow.

Yeah I'm ridiculously active on the forums im nearly always on and well i respond pretty quick and hi.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:10:57 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 01:11:23 am »

I am Hishimoto Fukasawa. I am male, in both senses of the word.

I am able to naturally raise my body heat to the average tempurature of a blowtorch's flame (540 °C (1,004 °F; 813 K)) at an extremely rapid rate.
Naturally this requires massive amounts of energy to activate and maintain, so I eat. A lot. All the time. As a side-effect, and from lots of burning, I am immune to excessively high tempuratures, by way of my entire body being numb to excessive amounts of heat. This does not affect my senses of touch, pain, or cold tempuratures.

This was brought about by a test-run of genetic modification in humans to unconscious bodily functions (to make them conscious and slash or modify them), such as your heartbeat or breathing when you aren't thinking about it. Also, you are now breathing manually. I am the first subject in full-body, permanently autonomous epidermal functions.

This happened in Kyoto, Japan, in the year 201X.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:43:14 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 01:14:28 am »

The average temperature of fire is a variable depending on what exothermic reaction is happening, and how much fire you have.  So if you could track down some numbers that would be nice.

Also how would one breathe, or is it localizable?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:17:58 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 01:18:53 am »

Average temperature of fire on the sun, assuming the fire is in an airtight environment at 75 degrees Fahrenheit, with a completely stable solid and gaseous fuel source.
Skin, not insides. As in just the outer layer of muscles. Like extremely bad shivering but I'm not really shivering.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 01:23:22 am »

... You know what, I'm just going to say 'blowtorch heat' because slogging through defining the right variables is going to be too much of a pain.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 01:25:20 am »

This is acceptable.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 01:33:54 am »

Aaand I run into issues with 'what type of blowtorch'.

Aie ye yi.

Autoignition point of propane: 540 °C (1,004 °F; 813 K)

There, numbers!

Please edit them into your post or find better ones.

Also, *temperature.

Suggestions are still open.

Also, magic is a thing.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:50:40 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 05:48:44 am »

Screw it, why not.

{Not-really-an-edit-but-might-as-well-be: I'm using some hella weird format here, so if you'd like me to try again, but legible this time, I will.]

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:22:07 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 06:07:03 am »

(The Foundation, huh?  I don't know...I really wasn't planning on having any anomalous police pre-existing.  You're also kind of supposed to have been bog-standard Earth human at some point.

Maybe something from the entity in question's perspective would resolve things.  Or, y'know, good old third person omniscient.

Other than that, well, it's a really interesting concept, though I'm not sure about running it.  And hi.)
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 06:14:58 am »

{Hi. It's not the Foundation, just... A random Soviet weirdness-handling/R&D agency. Not really defunct, but not really active since the second world war rolled over its centre in Leningrad. The USSR was still using the Sites until it collapsed, and now the successor states are using them too.}

"I was human once. There might even be some meat left, somewhere in here. I'm not sure where I came from originally, but I do remember being on Earth before, very early on."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:20:53 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 06:21:30 am »

(It read like SCP documentation, that's for sure.  Other than that, do they automatically understand technology, or just weapons, and where did they vanish to, then you're good.  Oh, and can they self-repair.

In short, while I really like what you've done, answer the bloody questions!  ;) )
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 06:30:00 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 06:31:54 am »

{Oh, they're totally a Foundation expy, since I like the style, but they're mostly just a subset of the USSR, and since that's gone now, of whichever government owns the land of a specific Site.}

{I was leaving the location unclear in case you needed to teleport us to places for plot, but consider Jack to be in Siberia somewhere for all intents and purposes. Jack is damn good with technology, and all this stuff reads like a history book anyway, so none of that fancy ESP is needed to get an idea of how to work it, but weapons are the easiest.}

{Jack doesn't actually have much in the way of ESP, but Sufficiently Advanced radar analogues look the same to some random Russians in 1925.}

{Jack could, in theory, stick the bits back together if it was really needed, but Jack hasn't needed to try in quite a while. There certainly aren't any magic autoregenerative shenanigans going on, that would ruin half the point of the thing, Jack is just really, really tough.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14