Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231648 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1230 on: April 03, 2016, 10:46:47 am »

now why would i lie to you?  that takes effort.

but chara is not a boss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 03, 2016, 10:49:44 am »

and chara k i l l s p e o p l e.

i a m s u s p i c i o u s.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:21 am »

then again, if you were chara, you wouldn't claim it.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 03, 2016, 12:56:36 pm »

Why are you asking us for our names, Moonlit?

Why do you want us to think you're Sans, TBF?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »

because i'm sans, hector.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 03, 2016, 01:01:56 pm »

Right. Stupid question :))

Perhaps Tomasque's interpretation of Sans is evil?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 03, 2016, 01:04:27 pm »

n o w w h y w o u l d y o u t h i n k t h a t?

i'm actuay the investigative role.  remember what i do.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 03, 2016, 01:05:21 pm »

Sans does nothing. Quite effectively.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2016, 01:08:15 pm »

except watch everything.

and see that look on your face.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 03, 2016, 02:03:33 pm »

100 pages. And we're only a little bit more than a third of the way in.
When this thing finishes, one of us should nominate it for the notable games archive.
~~~
So undertale. Le huh.
~~~
Okay. Weird things of note:
1. This round is a bonus round. Based on its position(right after round 8), I bet we're going to have two more bonus rounds after this one, or so.
1a. Might there be some kind of special reward for winning this round, as opposed to the normal one?
2. Role-change voting. If only we knew what roles are in the replacement pool... also...
2a. Might there be an Evil/Neutral role in the Pool, in addition to any Town ones? If that were the case, the Evil role could gain from using it...
2b. Interestingly, Tomasque did not say that the role chosen from the Replacement Pool would be random. Might there be a role that chooses which one?
Tomasque: will the role chosen from the Replacement Pool once someone is lynched be randomly selected?
2c. What utility is the town supposed to gain from using this replacement system? Maybe we're supposed to replace the Evil player's role with a Town role?
3. There are two possible end dates for this day. Le wha?
~~~
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 03, 2016, 02:28:22 pm »

3.: people are too lazy to use time converters.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 03, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »

100 pages. And we're only a little bit more than a third of the way in.
When this thing finishes, one of us should nominate it for the notable games archive.
~~~
So undertale. Le huh.
~~~
Okay. Weird things of note:
1. This round is a bonus round. Based on its position(right after round 8), I bet we're going to have two more bonus rounds after this one, or so.
1a. Might there be some kind of special reward for winning this round, as opposed to the normal one?
2. Role-change voting. If only we knew what roles are in the replacement pool... also...
2a. Might there be an Evil/Neutral role in the Pool, in addition to any Town ones? If that were the case, the Evil role could gain from using it...
2b. Interestingly, Tomasque did not say that the role chosen from the Replacement Pool would be random. Might there be a role that chooses which one?
Tomasque: will the role chosen from the Replacement Pool once someone is lynched be randomly selected?
2c. What utility is the town supposed to gain from using this replacement system? Maybe we're supposed to replace the Evil player's role with a Town role?
3. There are two possible end dates for this day. Le wha?
~~~

I would hope all of those questions are directed at Tomasque. They do nothing to move the game forward...

Can Tomasque answer them all anyway? And this one: is it the role and the alignment that gets changed with a role from the replacement pool?

Are we allowed to vote publicly?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 03, 2016, 05:25:16 pm »

You all seem to have an advantage over me, with knowledge of the characters.  I've only just now looked up some of the details (and without using Steam, looks like I'll never experience the actual thing).

But, it occurs to me, that from what I have read, all characters have multiple routes and (possibly) multiple attitudes to everyone else.  Now, what if all of us start as a Neutral Route version, in whatever way that best represents itself, but the actions of the game (the game) dictate how each character 'develops', i.e. what happens each day and/or death, for better or for worse.

However, that's just potential game-mechanics.  I wouldn't like to second guess our mod's purpose, besides what's been revealed,so ICBVWI.  (But that would cover FoU's question 2, and its subsidiaries.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 03, 2016, 05:30:47 pm »

nah, i'm pretty sure that it's a genocide route.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:42 pm »

((Also, no, it's sold independently from Steam, I think.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 237