Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62364 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2016, 06:16:51 pm »

Vector's at work. She said she'd be available tonight. And I'm gone for three hours here now because I get to go to work. I expect a new page on 50ppp when I come back, guys.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2016, 06:20:59 pm »

Ah yes I am saying that I don't look town naturally  I just appear scummy naturally I'm ussaly the first lynched and when I did make it past the first day once I only did  because I tryed to prove myself  as a townie as hard as I can.So I don't try to look town I try to prove I am town.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2016, 07:09:19 pm »

Ah yes I am saying that I don't look town naturally  I just appear scummy naturally I'm ussaly the first lynched and when I did make it past the first day once I only did  because I tryed to prove myself  as a townie as hard as I can.So I don't try to look town I try to prove I am town.
Fair enough. I think your case might be different because you're hard to read. Am I incorrect that English is a second language to you? If so, well, it does make it harder to read what you're thinking. If it helps, focus less on yourself and more on finding others. If you help Town, then you're useful, and you won't get lynched.

On a related but not IC note, I think you're Town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2016, 07:13:31 pm »

English is my first language but I have dysgraphia and ADHD so my handwritting isent good and my typing is only better because I took typing classes just eh screw mental illness in general.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »

English is my first language but I have dysgraphia and ADHD so my handwritting isent good and my typing is only better because I took typing classes just eh screw mental illness in general.
Yeah, that makes sense. Sorry you gotta deal with that. But definitely focus on the town game. It'll be more than enough proof of you being town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2016, 08:16:49 pm »

No problem my typing has gotten infintly better since I joined the forum like....a yearish ago.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2016, 10:50:43 pm »

At least fight me with your own attacks. Is it suspicious? Why? Because it's a bandwagon? Okay, but wouldn't bandwagons make for a good way to pressure? Does his posts seem off to you as well? If they feel off, then why are you questioning my rationale?
@Gentlefish: These questions, bro.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2016, 11:28:05 pm »

I found your vote worth questioning because it came immediately right after mine. Bandwagons are good for pressure, yes, but are also an easy way for the mafia to get another "hit" in during the day if they do it right. Of course I found his posts suspicious; I thought I had explained myself earlier; He voted Doomchild with zero reason as to why he was changing his vote. I'm questioning your rationale to see what argument you have for voting him, and that you're not simply throwing a vote up simply to get an innocent lynched.

There, I think that answers all the questions. I think I lumped those into a mass of "here's this text" and saw a different question. My apologies.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »

I'm unvoting Gentlefish for now, because I also need to remember to consider cock-ups before conspiracy.

I'm not ready to vote snow dwarf yet, but I definitely have some pretty strong suspicion about him.

But you were trying too hard

What about ATH's posts looked like "trying too hard" to you?  That's a pretty vague statement, and if that's one of your key reasons for putting me under the spotlight (it is), then I want more than vague accusations.

Why is Elephant Parade on your list if you don't have a reason?  That makes it seem like you're just throwing out names in an attempt to deflect suspicion onto them.  Or that your suspicion comes from nowhere, which means your judgment of what is and isn't scummy is exceptionally unreliable.  Either way, it doesn't make you look useful to the town.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2016, 03:26:15 am »

Ok I give up I don't know who is town and I have no suspicions. I have nothing to defend myself that I'm not scum. I might as well vote on myself.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2016, 03:31:29 am »

No, man. Never give up. Fight until the rope snaps. The only way to fail at this is to give up.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2016, 03:51:30 am »

Ok, I will now explain everything all my actions. So  everything that made me suspicious was because I'm a noob. I was voting on other guys just because I saw some guys vote and I took some ridiculous reasoning as to vote on those guys and suspect.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2016, 09:03:07 am »

Ok, I will now explain everything all my actions. So  everything that made me suspicious was because I'm a noob. I was voting on other guys just because I saw some guys vote and I took some ridiculous reasoning as to vote on those guys and suspect.
Alright man, whether you're Town or Mafia, take these into account:

This might be true, but everything you've done just feels lacking. Like, imagine if I had written this: Would it be acceptable? I don't believe so. I don't want to hold you to a lesser standard, man. Everything that made you suspicious very well could've been because you're a noob, but you are also continuing to make noob decisions. Step up to the plate and swing. You might not hit a home run, but you might get a double with a nice post.

I want you to imagine something: You're a LYLO. It's you and two other people, one of whom is Mafia. Someone votes for you. What proof have you given to the other person that they shouldn't lynch you now? To me, I would say none. YOU look like the Mafia player. I don't see solid arguments for your votes. I don't see active scumhunting. If you can't provide these when you're not in dire danger of losing, then it's entirely likely that you won't give them when it DOES matter.

You are right that I see noob mistakes. I've literally been trying to help you the entire time, but you're not taking my advice. Here's what I want you to do:

First, read a few of the arguments against you.
Second, and probably most importantly, understand those arguments. There are more than 2 people voting for you, so that means there are absolutely Town voting for you. That means that Town players think you are Mafia. If this takes you 10 minutes, an hour, whatever you need, look at where they are coming from.
Third, come up with some counterpoints. Honestly, you really ARE a noob, but that won't work to get you out of this hole. Why should we vote someone over you? How is your target more likely to be Mafia than you? Why are the people voting for you wrong? We want reasons to not vote you! This is the first Day. The Town won't know anything more than you will.
So, lastly, give us some solid reasons to not vote for you.

You've got to see everything else from other people's perspectives. There is a 100% chance that Town is suspicious of you. So, why is that? And how can you fix it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2016, 09:11:42 am »

Before I get started today:

Vote count request
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2016, 09:35:32 am »

Day Ends in 38 Hours

Votes:

Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
Gentlefish (0) -
doomchild (1) - Elephant Parade,
webadict (0) -
snow dwarf (3) - Gentlefish, webadict, AbstractTraitorHero
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (0) -
Persus13 (1) - Vector
Vector (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting -  Persus13, doomchild

Vector and Elephant Parade have been prodded.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40