Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58436 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2016, 12:00:18 am »

Reasons related to my stance on self preservation place Dustan as my prime suspect, as with FoU from his apparent bandwagon attempts. I'd in honesty just prefer a no lynch and then taking tomorrow to discuss lynching with this being a BM and all, but I'd prefer either of the two above if we can't NL.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2016, 12:06:55 am »

What is your stance on self-preservation?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2016, 12:08:42 am »

That unless you have a very good reason to want to be staying alive you should be prepared to take a hit for the good of the town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2016, 12:16:05 am »

That unless you have a very good reason to want to be staying alive you should be prepared to take a hit for the good of the town.
Such as wanting to remain in the game? We're all playing because we derive enjoyment from the game; I think we can all agree the game is much less entertaining only being able to post in deadchat than it is in the game thread.

I don't feel a desire for self-preservation is particularly suspicious. I will admit the manner in which DH expressed his desire for existence is suspect, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2016, 12:18:27 am »

Such as wanting to remain in the game? We're all playing because we derive enjoyment from the game; I think we can all agree the game is much less entertaining only being able to post in deadchat than it is in the game thread.

I don't feel a desire for self-preservation is particularly suspicious. I will admit the manner in which DH expressed his desire for existence is suspect, though.
That I understand, but as you said, stating it how he did raised an alarm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2016, 01:12:05 am »

Why don't you answer that question yourself tiruin? It's not like I can unwind death. Speaking of death, I have had a rough day today. 3 deaths IRL where I live, all of natural causes. 2 were animals, one was human. What's not to fear about death, taking you from your loved ones, from your current existence?
Frankly, I don't like dying regardless of the game i am in. I do everything I can to stay alive as such.
I did answer it myself :P I thought "Hmm, this is a pretty apparent question, however asking him such an idea can get me to know him more."

So...err, apparently I got an answer that nobody could have known about here, from you in IRL.
I recommend settling those matters before taking them online where they aren't necessary. :/ Basically: I was curious why you raised that up. It may be because you're new to this kind of setting and any other idea that comes to mind; basically I'm uncertain why you said that, hence I questioned. Now, we do NOT know those things that happen IRL to you--if you are ever affected by IRL circumstances, it is best to detail them here.

Rest assured that the total majority (99%+) of all B12 Mafia players do respect that. They will scumhunt you based on what else you're doing, but if it concerns IRL matters, that's where the 'Out of Game' boundary is crossed. I can see you are stressed, but even if I can understand what you're doing here given your recent answers to others, people will question that since you're posting under its affect, within the game.
Please take some time to gather your composure. Never believe the idea that anyone assertively questioning you is against you, here, if they're questioning your statements under duress. You can easily explain it as IRL concerns. It is also assumed that one takes personal responsibility of these so that they can play the game they're in (otherwise, they can request a 'replacement' by bolding that or sending a PM to the mod, however it is common courtesy to say it in public. These have happened before :) ).
Condolences, and well wishes to you.

^All OOC other than the first line.

Tiruin: it's half softclaim and half learning who believes who is what. By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
And this is why knowing the public identities of the Eleven is useful.  Ish.
What is this 'public' idea that you speak of?
Knowing the idea about other people? How will that benefit you?

Let me give an example:
Quote from: Pubclic Identity of Tiruin
I am a shield, both a moniker and a very vivid construct of my current being. I have undergone much trauma in the past due to many experiences I have, scarring me like a battered shield. I am painted in the modest livery of brown and blue.
Public identity.

@Dustan: You could really opt for a Beginner's Mafia at this point. :P You're confusing mechanics for in-game play.
Or at least that's how you come off as if I assume you don't have an agenda.

@Tiruin:Mostly, I'm busy defending my actions at this point.  That's not really what you were asking about, but I think you got the gist of it, I'm trying to pin down the flavor, except I have to keep running in circles defending trying to pin down the flavor because hector.  And it is entirely hector.
What I'm asking about is knowing you more, because you're in my neutral zone. However your current attitude has remarks that draw fire from other people--I see this as beneficial because it allows me to see into how they interact.
I however have to maintain the query on asking you if flavor is important; do you think interacting with others along with asking flavor questions is also just as important?
This is due to the underlying and unspoken assumption that town aim for lynching the right folks; that's by communication, as this brings people mutually to understand each other more. If one communicates in a one-sided way, it could come off as you having a different motive from this.

But IMO, working with flavor AT THIS MOMENT won't help. You can do that later on as my only impression now is that it defines actions.
This doesn't seem like a bastard game like Bellsounder however, in which we dig and interact with the environment; we can do tat WHEN WE HAVE DETAILS to work with, rather than assessing the room we're in for clues. :P
And if you HAVE or FEEL LIKE doing that, do it along with your dayplay/scumhunting.

PPEx4

@TiruinWhat I mean is he's overreacting to what seems to be a simple RVS vote, which seems a little suspicious to me
Got it.

{realization-edit}: This wasn't posted because it got PPE'd :v Woo.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2016, 01:21:12 am »

It was posted :P

Had I been more drunk than I am, I'd have thought I was having a bizarre breakdown :o

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2016, 01:26:04 am »

It was posted :P

Had I been more drunk than I am, I'd have thought I was having a bizarre breakdown :o
Well woo :V
I'm shutting off for the day. Tired galore \o/
Tiruin fizzles like pressurized air.

Unvote
Votecount poke poke

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2016, 10:40:40 am »

This is the first time in years that you have all been in the same room together, most meetings either being done remotely or through representatives. For the most part, you've kept to your own parts of the city, since letting rivals know what your strengths are is the first step to them finding your weaknesses. This does make it difficult to root out impostors, but a challenge to your authority is something that must be dealt with personally.

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar       [ 0]     
-hector13            [ 1]: TheBiggerFish
-Griffinpup           [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal  [ 0]
-fillipk                [ 0]
-Dustan Hache     [ 1]: TheDarkStar
-Tiruin                [ 0]
-juicebox            [ 0]
-Teneb               [ 0]
-FallacyofUrist     [ 1]: hector13
-TheBiggerFish     [ 1]: FallacyofUrist

Griffinpup has been poked.

Mod:Do we know the team roster?
No, most of the Eleven use a separate alias to what they went by before joining so that known weaknesses of their secret identity or previous super-identity can't be used against them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:43:50 am by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2016, 12:22:46 pm »

FoU: How likely do you think it is the rest of us will believe that the two votes you have made were coincidental, when they were on people who already had a vote on them?

Vote number 1 - after TBF was voting for me in reply 88.

Vote number 2 - I have been voting for TBF for the entirety of my D1.

Perhaps you'd like to explain them for us, in case we get the wrong idea?

Did you move your vote because nobody else was voting for me?
... the first of those was a standard RVS vote, the second was because TBF was being fishy. Coincidence, mate. I don't think you're going to believe that, for the moment, but it's what I've got.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »

I'm going to say I don't think TBF is scum basically because he's being too honest, its his first bastard game so he's focusing on things that don't matter yet when he shouldn't. 

I think the more pressing issue here is Tiruin.  She is super hard to get a read on and should be on everyone's mind, even if she appears town. 

So Tiruin lets say you need to get FoU lynched because some night action told you they were scum, how would you do it?

Why Tiruin specifically?

TDS is also hard to read. Griffinpup hasn't posted, you can't read someone who isn't there. BHK and Teneb haven't posted (according to Lurker Tracker) for close to two days. Do these people not matter?
because it's a whole lot harder to dodge questions specifically aimed at you and not just aimed in general, yes I realize others are hard to read in picking Turuin.  Who hasn't answered my question.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2016, 01:35:12 pm »

FoU: How likely do you think it is the rest of us will believe that the two votes you have made were coincidental, when they were on people who already had a vote on them?

Vote number 1 - after TBF was voting for me in reply 88.

Vote number 2 - I have been voting for TBF for the entirety of my D1.

Perhaps you'd like to explain them for us, in case we get the wrong idea?

Did you move your vote because nobody else was voting for me?
... the first of those was a standard RVS vote, the second was because TBF was being fishy. Coincidence, mate. I don't think you're going to believe that, for the moment, but it's what I've got.

RVS is to get information in the game, yet you didn't put any pressure on the person you voted beyond that vote. You never even followed up on the question you asked when it wasn't answered. Why not? Standard RVS vote without the standard RVS follow through.

TBF has been doing the things you're voting him for all day. Why now? Why not focus on someone else since at that point there was ~3 days left in D1, the vast majority of which has been me bashing TBF for his fixation? Are you comfortable enough to vote for TBF as your lynchee already?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2016, 03:56:22 pm »

Sorry for not posting, but things have been quite a bit stressful for me lately. I'll try to get posts out this weekend.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2016, 06:31:03 pm »

And I finally get a chance to post.

The main suspects people have so far:
Dustan - overreacting to various things. He's new, but it could be indicative that he is scum trying to not die. My vote stays where is is.
TBF-Fallacy-hector loop - The votes appear to be a combination of RVS and scumhunting. I can't really get a read from any of them. (I'm kind of busy IRL right now, though, so I'll to read over stuff again)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »

And I finally get a chance to post.

The main suspects people have so far:
Dustan - overreacting to various things. He's new, but it could be indicative that he is scum trying to not die. My vote stays where is is.
TBF-Fallacy-hector loop - The votes appear to be a combination of RVS and scumhunting. I can't really get a read from any of them. (I'm kind of busy IRL right now, though, so I'll to read over stuff again)
okay, so do you need to read it over more or which is more suspicious cause right now you just summarized everything we already knew and that does almost nothing for the town.  What is your plan, TDS
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31