Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58437 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2016, 12:39:30 am »

And I finally get a chance to post.

The main suspects people have so far:
Dustan - overreacting to various things. He's new, but it could be indicative that he is scum trying to not die. My vote stays where is is.
TBF-Fallacy-hector loop - The votes appear to be a combination of RVS and scumhunting. I can't really get a read from any of them. (I'm kind of busy IRL right now, though, so I'll to read over stuff again)
okay, so do you need to read it over more or which is more suspicious cause right now you just summarized everything we already knew and that does almost nothing for the town.  What is your plan, TDS

It's basically my reads on some people/interactions so far.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2016, 06:14:46 am »

I'm going to say I don't think TBF is scum basically because he's being too honest, its his first bastard game so he's focusing on things that don't matter yet when he shouldn't. 

I think the more pressing issue here is Tiruin.  She is super hard to get a read on and should be on everyone's mind, even if she appears town. 

So Tiruin lets say you need to get FoU lynched because some night action told you they were scum, how would you do it?

Why Tiruin specifically?

TDS is also hard to read. Griffinpup hasn't posted, you can't read someone who isn't there. BHK and Teneb haven't posted (according to Lurker Tracker) for close to two days. Do these people not matter?
because it's a whole lot harder to dodge questions specifically aimed at you and not just aimed in general, yes I realize others are hard to read in picking Turuin.  Who hasn't answered my question.
Just for the record, I'm tired. :P Tired due to thesis stuffs (but enough that I can still play; do not withhold anything), but me not answering questions does not denote anything bad. Just quote em!
Now query ahead:
> "Even if she appears town" = What does that mean?
Next, your question has a lot of leading stuff. :P
So Tiruin lets say you need to get FoU lynched because some night action told you they were scum, how would you do it?
"Need!" :P
Alright, in the scenario where I want to get someone lynched (ie Lyncher goal), I'd get them scummy, and will include them in all questioning forms I've got. Last resort under that matter is making up dubious night claims (eg "HE'S SCUM AND I DETECTED HIM AS SCUUUUM" or otherwise).
Now to address the question, 'some night action telling me they're scum' won't make me utterly believe they're scum (albeit depending on the context and action detail/background itself), as the action did NOT originate from me. If it did (eg I have a redirect or whatever that can make it come from me), the same result will occur:
I will keep whomever the notice...notes, as a priority target, however I will also keep watch on the ongoings of the day. As this is a bastard game, only when there is suitable evidence that the action does affect me too, shall I make it something obvious to act and base my actions on--otherwise, it'll be me working with what happens and what I receive like a college student making their thesis: silently.

Is there any reason you've said FoU, and also made a very specific action scenario that makes me think that you're asking tips on what to do?
AND, how is that relevant to your goal?

Dustan - overreacting to various things. He's new, but it could be indicative that he is scum trying to not die. My vote stays where is is.
TBF-Fallacy-hector loop - The votes appear to be a combination of RVS and scumhunting. I can't really get a read from any of them. (I'm kind of busy IRL right now, though, so I'll to read over stuff again)
Do you find anyone who isn't overreacting, suspicious?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2016, 01:28:33 pm »

I'm going to say I don't think TBF is scum basically because he's being too honest, its his first bastard game so he's focusing on things that don't matter yet when he shouldn't. 

I think the more pressing issue here is Tiruin.  She is super hard to get a read on and should be on everyone's mind, even if she appears town. 

Why Tiruin specifically?

TDS is also hard to read. Griffinpup hasn't posted, you can't read someone who isn't there. BHK and Teneb haven't posted (according to Lurker Tracker) for close to two days. Do these people not matter?
because it's a whole lot harder to dodge questions specifically aimed at you and not just aimed in general, yes I realize others are hard to read in picking Turuin.  Who hasn't answered my question.
Just for the record, I'm tired. :P Tired due to thesis stuffs (but enough that I can still play; do not withhold anything), but me not answering questions does not denote anything bad. Just quote em!
Now query ahead:
> "Even if she appears town" = What does that mean?
Next, your question has a lot of leading stuff. :P
"Need!" :P
Alright, in the scenario where I want to get someone lynched (ie Lyncher goal), I'd get them scummy, and will include them in all questioning forms I've got. Last resort under that matter is making up dubious night claims (eg "HE'S SCUM AND I DETECTED HIM AS SCUUUUM" or otherwise).
Now to address the question, 'some night action telling me they're scum' won't make me utterly believe they're scum (albeit depending on the context and action detail/background itself), as the action did NOT originate from me. If it did (eg I have a redirect or whatever that can make it come from me), the same result will occur:
I will keep whomever the notice...notes, as a priority target, however I will also keep watch on the ongoings of the day. As this is a bastard game, only when there is suitable evidence that the action does affect me too, shall I make it something obvious to act and base my actions on--otherwise, it'll be me working with what happens and what I receive like a college student making their thesis: silently.

Is there any reason you've said FoU, and also made a very specific action scenario that makes me think that you're asking tips on what to do?
AND, how is that relevant to your goal?

Do you find anyone who isn't overreacting, suspicious?
First off I like the little comic.

I asked a specific question in hopes of getting a specific answer and if I hadn't said who you were trying to get lynched you could have easily answered this with a whole it depends and that wouldn't have gotten me very far.
  I chose FoU mostly at random and mostly because he's been the scum in most of the games I've played with him so in a sense I was also asking for advice because your a much better mafia player then me.  This doesn't mean I'm going to use this advice this game though.
I could have explained the question better and wrote it out more eloquently, I guess that's just my inexperience showing but you answered it fine so I guess it worked out.
As for the "even if she appears town" you've done a remarkable job of making people believe things that aren't true, referencing that political bastard game which I can't remember the name of, which includes appearing town so I'm just going to be careful.

okay, so do you need to read it over more or which is more suspicious cause right now you just summarized everything we already knew and that does almost nothing for the town.  What is your plan, TDS

It's basically my reads on some people/interactions so far.
Fair enough, I somehow missed the commentary which makes your post a bit better. 
Now does the random indent in my post make you uncomfortable?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

RVS is to get information in the game, yet you didn't put any pressure on the person you voted beyond that vote. You never even followed up on the question you asked when it wasn't answered. Why not? Standard RVS vote without the standard RVS follow through.

TBF has been doing the things you're voting him for all day. Why now? Why not focus on someone else since at that point there was ~3 days left in D1, the vast majority of which has been me bashing TBF for his fixation? Are you comfortable enough to vote for TBF as your lynchee already?
Oh. Um... answer my question!
(Didn't notice.)

... a lynch is better than no lynch, on day one at least. If we lynch TBF... well, if he's scum or a hostile third party, great. If he's not, we have a buffer of people before we reach LYLO. Or at least, I hope we do. Considering nobody else has shown particularly scummy behavior yet, I'm happy going for TBF.

Why now, you say?
I dunno. I think I just finally decided that he passed a certain threshold of scumminess, and finally voted him.
Maybe.

... what kind of a question is this, fillipk?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »

I'm guessing he mean somebody in particular only to be foiled by autocorrect?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2016, 04:21:45 pm »

I think he was referring to Tiruin.
The subject matter of the question is what I'm asking about.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2016, 05:00:22 pm »

Anybody: What is the point of voting someone in blue? is it a way of marking secondary suspicions?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »

It was for TDS based on where I put the question but you answered it just fine.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2016, 07:49:40 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar       [ 0]     
-hector13            [ 1]: TheBiggerFish
-Griffinpup           [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal  [ 0]
-fillipk                [ 0]
-Dustan Hache     [ 1]: TheDarkStar
-Tiruin                [ 0]
-juicebox            [ 0]
-Teneb               [ 0]
-FallacyofUrist     [ 1]: hector13
-TheBiggerFish     [ 1]: FallacyofUrist

Day ends in ~20 hours
Votes to extend: 0/6
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2016, 07:52:36 pm »

Anybody: What is the point of voting someone in blue? is it a way of marking secondary suspicions?
Exactly.

It was for TDS based on where I put the question but you answered it just fine.
Uh...
What was the intent of that question? As in, what did you intend to get out of it?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2016, 08:39:53 pm »

The bluetext is a Finger (or Foeld, or some word starting with F) of Suspicion.  Yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2016, 08:40:20 pm »

*Field
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »

Man, my free time is just getting damn murdered. Extend, please.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2016, 09:39:18 pm »

I don't see any reason to do this other than for the lulz.
extend it for them!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

I don't see any reason to do this other than for the lulz.
extend it for them!

You know you're not making any friends with comments like that? Extend, seein' as how I'll be busy for at least the entirety of tomorrow morning.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31