Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]  (Read 28474 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]
« on: August 11, 2016, 01:11:46 am »

La Estrada Ship Thread
Discord Chat Link: Instant Invite

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

[Synopsis: The Multiverse is like a body, with each universe being a cell. The Miasma is like a viral disease that spreads through the universes through time-space corruptions called Anomalies, that when left unchecked will destroy the infected universe and spread to adjacent universes. You, the Cazadores, are the treatment for this virus.]

Guidelines, Rules and Advice:

I. Cazadore Fundamentals - A Cazadore is an individual employed by the Facilitators to seek out and destroy Anomalies before they dismantle the structure of a universe and spread further. Once the Facilitators have identified an Anomaly, a team of Cazadores will be sent to the effected universe to destroy it. Sometimes this requires a conventional method, such as the Anomaly possessing the form of a being which is to be called by the Cazadores. Other times, the Anomaly changes the course of the universe by altering crucial events, like a key figure never being born or causing an entirely new species to appear on a planet. The standardized rectification of Anomalies takes place in Missions. Most Missions are optional. Normally a mission consists of a Team of Cazadores being transported from the Ship via a wormhole-traversing rocket to a universe. Once the Mission Objective has been fulfilled or failed, the Cazadores return to the rocket to the Ship. Rewards are distributed based on behavior, efficiency, and individual contribution to the success of the Missions.

II. Welcome Aboard - When not on Missions, Cazadores spend most of their aboard the S.S. Espada de Dios, or La Espada for short. The ship is equipped with a full-range of living facilities and amenities for the Cazadores, including single and double dormitories with private bathrooms, a full-range kitchen, a gym and training facilities including a shooting range and V.R. Room, a state of the art laboratory, a recreation center, a library, a medical bay, a war room and a theater.
You'll regularly uniformed dark figures with glowing eyes around the ship. These are the Iinsan-Ali, beings somewhere between robot and truly sentient. They are the main staff on the ship, making up the majority of pilots, engineers, mechanics, nurses, cooks, maintenance workers and security. The Iinsan-Ali exist to serve and while they look intimidating, serve no threat to anyone not causing a major problem.
La Espada is equipped with an assortment of internal and external security measures, and since it is not a true warship these security measures are designed with self-defense in mind.

III. Dollar Dollar Bills Y'all - As previously stated, individual effort and positives results on Missions is rewarded tangibly with Zielons, a widely used inter-universal currency. The flat payout at the end of any Mission, successful or not, is $10,000, though impressive efforts will be paid even more. Zielons are the major currency on Uol St’rit’, the Jupiter-sized planet that La Espada perpetually orbits around. It's a quick trip from the ship to the surface of the planet, a bustling and ever-growing metropolis at the crossroads of several galaxies in the surrounding area. With over 86 billion inhabitants, (and even more living on its 43 planets) you're bound to find some place to spend your hard earned currency.
In addition to Zielons, excelling performances can also be rewarded with bonus Tokens, which can be spent on-ship at The Vendor. The Vendor specializes in selling containers for various Token prices that contain randomized results of a certain kind, such as Random Loot, Random Abilities, and Random Companions. Speak to The Vendor directly for details.
Zielons and Tokens are distributed regardless of a Mission's result.

IV. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - At the end of a successful Mission, each Cazadore on the Mission will receive Ability Points to improve their existing Abilities to create new ones; the number Ability Points offered by a Mission is based on its difficulty, and not revealed until the end of the Mission.
Abilities are the foundations of each Cazadore, unique to each of them and defining of their character and role. The two types of Abilities are Passive and Active, the former concerning Abilities that effect their user always or under specific circumstances while the latter cover Abilities that are consciously and deliberately performed.
When a Cazadore performs an Action without having an associated Ability, it is assumed that their skill and power-level for that action is equivalent to that of an average adult human being.

Each Cazadore starts with 5 Ability Points to do what they wish with. The creation of a new Ability costs 1 Ability Point, and upgrading to its next level costs the same amount of points as the new level. (Ex. Upgrading a Level 3 Ability to Level 4 takes 4 Ability Points.)

[Important Note: d10 is the default die used for this game.]

[Other Important Note: While the Abilities I list here are pretty blase and vague, it is best to describe an Ability as specifically as possible in what it does.]

Spoiler: Example Abilities (click to show/hide)

V. The Price of Failure - Beyond not receiving Ability Points, failed Missions usually result in the Anomaly taking over a universe, corrupting and consuming it and allowing the Miasma to spread to adjacent universes without restraint. Thus, subsequent Missions will likely be harder after a failed Missions due to an increased presence of Miasma and more powerful Anomalies. Failing several Missions in a row could spell catastrophe.

VI. We Can Rebuild Them! Probably. - Cazadores, due to the nature of their work, have a tendency to die. Contrary to popular belief, this is not the end of the world. La Espada is equipped with the medical technology to revive fallen Cazadore, as long as their Essence Organ is retrieved. What is an Essence Organ? Among all sentient beings, in one form of another, exists a physical space containing the vital portions of their person, what some would call the Soul. In human beings, this is the brain, whereas in a species like the Iinsan-Ali, it is a baseball-shaped organ underneath the sternum. The Magical Girls in the employ of the Incubators, an organization loosely associated with the Facilitators, keep their Essence Organ within Soul Gems, tiny shards that must be securely kept near them at all times. So long as at least a part of the Essence Organ is brought back to La Espada, the Cazadore can be restored in full form. Preferably the Essence Organ is not damaged because...

VII. These Wounds, They Will Not Heal - Because the Essence Organ at the forefront the Reconstruction process, if the Essence Organ is damaged, the Reconstruction will not be perfect. The Cazadore will be revived, but with one or more Flaws, permanent scars that act as the opposite of Abilities, creating persistent negative traits for the Cazadore. As of now, there is no known method to get rid of Flaws.

IX. Dead 4 Realz - And then there are times when not even the best medical treatment can bring a Cazadore back. Permanent Death occurs when the Essence Organ is totally destroyed. Additionally, there is a special type of Miasmatic damage known as Entropy. Entropy begins to appear at late, advanced stages of an Anomaly. There is no way to heal Entrophic wounds, so if you lose a limb to an Entropy-based attack, it will never return. And if your essence organ is hit by Entropy, we want you to know that your service as a Cazadore was greatly appreciated.

X. Anomalies are Literally Cancerous Memes - An astute person might ask, if there is a universe with an Anomaly, why just tell the inhabitants that there is an Anomaly so they can do whatever is necessary to destroy it? Based on past Missions, we've concluded that the Miasma is not only sentient enough to be aware of when it is mentioned, it is also Memetic and mentioning the Anomalies causes them to grow more malignant and develop in ways that nullify the original Mission Objective obsolete. It is for this reason we stress not bringing up the Miasma and its Anomalies to anyone outside of our organization.

XI. Am I the Only One Around Here Who Cares About the Rules? - Conflict among Cazadores is expected, even physical violence. The and ourselves will not intervene in inter-Cazadore conflict on La Estrada, as we expect the Cazadores to be able to resolve disputes among themselves, and organize and enforce any internal protocols, rules or systems that they organically develop for themselves. Damage to the Ship, its contents or its staff is not tolerated and will result in reprimand and punishment, ranging from verbal warnings and fines to lethal use of force in the most extreme cases. Purposely jeopardizing the Mission and overall goals of the Facilitators is strongly prohibited.

XII. Implants! - Upon entering the Cazadore program, each new person is implanted with a sub-microscopic chip which allows them to understand and fluently communicate in over 14 Trillion unique languages, as well as the ability to instanteously communicate with La Estrada and each other during Missions, similar to a headset system. The process of implanting is so instanteous you won't notice it. How are we able to put in implants into Cazadores that have irregular physiology or lack a true physical form? That is classified! Yay, Red Tape!

XIV. ^_^ - Further questions can be redirected to Woodsworth, who you've already met, the resident Facilitator on La Estrada.
Most importantly, just have fun! Just kidding! Most importantly, go forth and save the Multiverse valorous Cazadores! The only thing you have to fear is fear itself! And total annihilation!

[Keeping in line with previous games, established characters, expies and original characters are all equally accepted. Note that once a Universe is destroyed by the Miasma, no further characters can originate from that universe. As of the starting of this game, no established universes have been Miasma'd, so you do not have to worry about that in regards to playing as an established character.]

Character Sheet:
Name: If none existed beforehand, create one.
Essence Organ: The location and size of the organ.

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory: (Optional)

Abilities: [5/5 Ability Points Remaining]

Zielon Wallet: Keeps track of your current Zielon amount. Starts at 0. Zielons are denoted by the $ symbol.

Equipment: Each Cazadore is allowed to bring two pieces of unique equipment with them that can act similarly as Abilities.

Inventory: Keeps track of non-starting Equipment and Items gained in Missions or otherwise.

Players:

1. Samson - KJ
2. Twilight Sparkle - Greatness
3. Ramona Flowers - DigitalDemon
4. Nixil-Amendon-Sora - NRDL
5. Ulibossk - Vishdafish
6. Vi - Kevak
7. Charlotte zu Asha - Elf
8. Bastion - Dustan Hache
9. Wario - Elephant Parade
10. The End - Fallacy
12. Zara Twinwolf
13. The Amender - Sl4cker
14. Logan - Sentient Bowtie
15. Zingleborg - crazyabe
16. Anna Poe - TheBiggerFish
17. Mega - Powder Miner
18. Yian Garuga - BlitzDungeoneer
19. Johnny - Empiricist
20. Kelly Baler - AbstractTraitorHero
21. Mall Gannon - Execute/Dumbo.exe
22. Erlend Cursiter - mcclay
23. Alexander Stark - NovaValkyrie
24. Rochelle - wipeout1024
25. Mathye Aeber - Corsair
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:13:17 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [Trespassers Meets E.R.]
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:36:59 pm by kj1225 »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 01:35:38 am »

so would the robotic body that the elemental spirit controls count as a piece of equipment
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 03:15:10 am »

In. Also, both this and it's Spiritual Predecessor Carnage Fiesta had Spanish in their titles. I like it!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:13:40 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 03:26:33 am »

actually, level 2 actions cost 3 points to level up, as you spend 1 on creating it and 2 on upgrading it
so you have 7 points spent
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 03:30:27 am »

Whoops! Slipped my mind that that's how it worked! I've edited the sheet to compensate. Thanks for telling me!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 05:08:59 am »

frisk joins the fight

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:38:24 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 05:19:54 am »

((*how about a Hot Cat, kid?. Also, that fan art's amazing. I don't know where it's from, but it looks cool!))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:24:35 am by Greatness942 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 05:27:48 am »

Spoiler: The Andalite (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:34:31 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 06:37:39 am »

Character Sheet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:27:12 am by vishdafish »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 09:05:45 am »

@KJ: When you refer to stats, do you mean all stats over all general actions or just the ones pertaining to his abilities?

@Greatness: If possible, could you list all the forms of magic and general fields that Twilight's Element of Magic would cover? Also, the Spellbook seems fairly redundant as anyone can learn more spells/Abilities by leveling up, but if you're willing to sacrifice an equipment slot to keep it for RP purposes, that's up to you. Looks fine otherwise.

@DigitalDemon: I noticed for FIGHT you put "deals 1d10 damage", so I wanted to clarify for you and everyone else that this game uses Chunky Salsa as opposed to straight HP, in the spirit of E.R. That said, you can keep it for flavor purposes. Also, if I'm reading this correctly, FLIRT has a 50% success rate on all targets? I'm probably alright with this as long as it can't work on targets that have no concept of flirting and the associated emotions. Overall Frisk is good.

@NRDL: For the Z-Space teleport, what is the limit of its range? Accepted.

@vishdafish: I'd keep the Flesh-melting Tentacles as Equipment, because otherwise that effect would take up an ability slot. Also, to prevent it from spiraling out of control, Brain Absorption is going to be a very slow and gradual ability. Accepted.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 10:39:06 am »

The stats over all general actions.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 10:53:06 am »

Spoiler: Vi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:49:44 am by Kevak »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:29:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 11:42:18 am »

Spoiler: LISBETH (WIP) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:49:22 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20