Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 882983 times)

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile

Kaolinite should have a white/cobalt design. Clay/Earthen/Stoneware should be rough grey texture/burgundy design just like stone designs but with softer edges. Marble should be marbled. Obsidian black/white like bone inverted, but without the skulls.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Kaolinite should have a white/cobalt design. Clay/Earthen/Stoneware should be rough grey texture/burgundy design just like stone designs but with softer edges. Marble should be marbled. Obsidian black/white like bone inverted, but without the skulls.
We have very different ideas ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think built Obsidian should have a menacing or evil feel to it. Maybe a bit mystical too.

I mean...It's the most used material for all evil stupid dwarf tricks, or eternal imprisonment of vampires, disposal of nobles and you need it to build your own personal Barad-Dûr.

Similiar to Daedric furniture from ESO/Elder Scroll universe.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adamantine set??
Maybe something like this?

Glass and Adamantine.

Edit: My current idea:

That should cover most of the furniture, or the most seen items in a fortress. Armorstrand, Weaponrack, Chair, Cabinet, Chest, Slab, Bed, Statue, Table, Coffin, Cage, Barrel, Bin, Blocks, Hatch Cover, Door.

Materials are: Stone, Wood, Cavern-Wood/Fungus, Gem, Bone, Flux, Glass, Soft Metals (Non-weapon grade, like Silver, Gold, Aluminum), Hard Metals (Weapon grade, Iron, Bronze, Steel), Adamantine.

Mh, clay / earthenware should probably get it's own; kaolinite / porcelain too (?)

Oh wow! I absolutely love it! So many possibilities *_*

Can the golden and adamantine set have a metal sheen to it too? Can the glass set be see-through, as in the back legs of the table/chair showing through the top a little bit?

Yes! Looks awesome Meph! I like how the Adamantine and Obsidian are more elaborate and fancier, that's what I was thinking as well.
☼MASTERWORK☼

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy dwarf farts!     

I like the skulls in the bone wall, I like it all! I took the poll, screw the poll! Do what you want , follow your muse. Great job Meph, Awesome tweak Japa, it adds a great deal to the feature set of TWBT ,This is like a strange-mood spiral...

Thanks for your work guys, you really add alot to the experience for me, and a ton of people like me, I am sure.  And this is probably enough , once fully realized, for me to get a few of my hard headed friends into forting finally.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack, twbt, a custom LNP, 12+ utilities like Therapist, Soundsense and more.

THE WOOD UPDATE!

Wooden exterior / constructions:

Wooden interior / furniture:

Wooden walls, floors, stairs, fortifications; as well as chairs, tables, beds, weaponracks, armorstands, cabinets, chests, hatch covers, doors, slabs, statues, coffins, cages, bins and barrels have their own, unique sprite. (Yes, I know that slabs/statues can't be made of wood, and that beds were only wooden too... but both of those will change in the future)

Please test everything and build some fancy wooden indoor designs. :)

This is the first material-related update of many to come. It's also not a final design, but a first test.

Credits:
 - Japa for the extra TWBT code extension that allows material selection.
 - Vordak for the hearty discussion and design suggestions.
 - Hyptosis of lorestrome.com for the wooden wall sprite basis, altered to fit DF by me.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.8 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 6th May - Wood update
« Reply #1191 on: May 06, 2018, 11:28:32 am »

looks awesome.
from a carpenters point of view, you might chose to make the top of the coffin with length planks instead of how they are now.
otherwise its "omfg a new package :D"

a callout to all linux coders: please can someone make mephs Launcher linux-compatible?
using the linux LNP i could not launch the game without using the LNP-Launcher, which always resets a lot of mephs RAW-changes and my manual DFsettings.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 06, 2018, 12:57:49 pm »

I love the additional labels in the comments on the ammo, armor, and tools in the overrides.txt in version 2.8. You've got the most-complete TWBT overrides file. It makes a nice reference for overrides codes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1193 on: May 06, 2018, 01:38:10 pm »

I love the additional labels in the comments on the ammo, armor, and tools in the overrides.txt in version 2.8. You've got the most-complete TWBT overrides file. It makes a nice reference for overrides codes.
They were mostly for myself. ^^ But I could comment all of them, or at least the non-obvious ones.

My try at clay/earthenware: (left side sharpened, right side blurred)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I completely forgot that vanilla DF doesn't allow earthernware furniture, except for statues. ... So, that was a short list to make. ^^
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:47:35 pm by Meph »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 06, 2018, 02:57:45 pm »

nah man, earthenware walls should be bricks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1195 on: May 06, 2018, 03:22:27 pm »

Yeah, you are right.. but clay was the only thing that fit the cheap-improvised-dirt-palisade I was going for.

But I can split it up into clays and earthen/stoneware.

I'm also a sucker for these old Warcraft II sprites. I love their walls...

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 06, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »

imo blurred stairs looks meh. walls... mayyybe...
what about sharpened with brown lines?

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 06, 2018, 04:31:52 pm »

Hey Meph, unrelated to the new material update. I never understood the engraved floors in the pack. It's just random pixels that look like they were painted on using the paint can tool in MS Paint. I do get that they might be trying to be some sort of symbols or something but eh.

Hiding engravings doesn't seem to work in my DF either. So I changed it to just a variation of the regular stone tile.

Before:

After:

Still not a huge fan of my own solution since it looks more just like a kitchen floor pattern. Could use some (very subtle) engravings. But if you're interested here's the tile:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1198 on: May 06, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »

I like it. :)

The engravings are actually obsidian souls engravings, from his 16x set. The entire idea of this tileset is to finish a set in the style that he started with, but abandoned. I thought the artwork was too good to not be used.

Anyway, your engravings don't look much like engravings, but they do look much cleaner. Less noisy.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 06, 2018, 05:07:46 pm »

well, earthenware walls would look inlore when being made of bricks as i've never seen a ingame menu sugesting making them from anything else as vlockls bricks or logs.
otherwise yout design looks awesome from the historical point of view: walls were made from willow twigs plaited into walls and then clay was pressed inbetween the mesh.
so this actually calls for a wall made from wood an clay.meaning like 1 wood 1 clay per 2 tiles.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 187