Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 31843 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 13 - Maybe Magic
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »

((Waiting for Abstract to post. Sent a PM yesterday. If nothing by the weekend will post the turn.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 13 - Maybe Magic
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2016, 10:19:34 am »

Takashi Follows along behind quietly darting about examining things rolling their second head and the like...kinda restless.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 14 - Hidden Psionics, Open Fire
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2016, 12:30:59 pm »

Turn 14 - Hidden Psionics, Open Fire

Arienne discards the idea of igniting a stick. Maybe fire was not her greatest aspect. She also simultaneously dismisses the idea of getting Yanethi to assist her; if she does this, she will do it alone.

She considers what to do. Well, she's an elf. They are, of all sentient species, the most closely attuned with nature. Maybe she should...

Arienne points the Stabilizing Birch Staff at the warm stick, closes her eyes, and simply envisions the dead branch regrowing its leaves, and living again.
"I told you it wouldn't do much.. you lack the aptitude and intelligence. Maybe after years of studying you'll learn to spark a small fire or freeze a glass of water. Maybe." Ckaeyod pauses a bit afterwards, letting his doubtful words sink in. "There's reasons Yanethi and I can use these powers, and they're more complicated than you could ever possibly understand."

"In matters of travel, I believe we should take the safest route, battle didn't work so well for me last time. If the creatures had been intelligent, I could have done much more damage to them."
"The best things come to those who wait. Those who are born with special abilities, or who consign with entities for them, may find there are strings attached.

Your idiocy aside, I feel that the forest route would be the best.
"
That was it. He'd had enough of this prostitute's disrespect for him. Ckaeyod raises his hand up high and slaps Arienne across the face, his eyes brimming with hatred for the defiant little peon.

Arienne tries to ignore Ckaeyod and get back to magic. Maybe a less destructive one this time. Sadly this was not meant to be as before she can even really focus on the mana Ckaeyod slaps her across the face.

Upon being slapped Arienne, eyes wide, stopped moving and simply stood shocked for a moment, palm on her face where she had been slapped. She backs away, the shock in her eyes fading into a coldness that silently swore revenge.
"Know your place, harlot. You insulted the Silver Apostle himself, herald of the One True God! After this, maybe you'll remember that." Ckaeyod smirked sadistically, clearly enjoying punishing the inferior elf.
Arienne spits something absolutely reprehensible under her breath. The others can barely make out that she is speaking of the innate superiority of elves, and how it is inappropriate for a man to touch a woman.

While that is happening Arriene gets a slightly vacant look to her eyes.
((Secret Actions Happen - will be posted here when no longer relevant to the party))
The being in Ckaeyod feeling it is his chance for a bit more freedom and a lot less zealotry whispers to Arriene
Bet you feel a bit angry there~ This wimp doesn't realize the power he holds and is instead playing around with your group~ Not only that but he clearly doesn't trust you guys in the least bit~ The second he started to lose without even considering that he had teammates he allowed me to take over for a moment~ Oh and lets talk about Anger~ It's a hot emotion, fiery even~ Maybe with a little help you can finish him off right here and now then claim my blessing for yourself~ Without a word, a motion, or any outside actions~ Just accept my help and we can be done with him~ All it will cost you is to trade your current major sin of greed for that of anger~

Accept us~

Believe in us~

Let yourself become the fire~

Allow your Anger to flow~

Permit the fires of tribulation to fall upon him~

Scum like him couldn't ever be your friend~

The others will understand~

But while Arriene is thinking it over Ckaeyod decides that a simple slap wasn't enough

Ckaeyod isn't actually done. Attempt to sneakily (Since it's hard to tell when someone's using psionics if they're just standing there) damage the harlot's sanity by implanting violent psionic energy into her consciousness.

As he prepares to do this though the being once again reaches out to Arriene and warns her

AH~! You need to act quickly for he does not seem to want to let this pass~ His plan is to and I quote~
Attempt to sneakily damage the harlot's sanity by implanting violent psionic energy into her consciousness.
Accept my help and burn him now~! He will not let you live~
Arienne, upon hearing the voice and its message, immediately begins to reject it, before stopping.

It is something he'd do, isn't it.

Besides, I'm far more fit to have power than that immature wretch. He acts like a child, wielding his power over others like a toy.

But... if I do this, I may find myself no better than him; especially if I just kill him out of the blue.

... I shall accept this blessing, but know this; I refuse to become anyone's weapon.

Arienne accepts the blessing.
She feels her anger building inside of her, and sends it in a fiery wave towards Ckaeyod. That being said, she feels a small twinge of regret and of mercy in her soul, and dissipates the fire before it can cause any life-threatening damage; yet she still revels in his pain.

Fire. Almost all species fear it. Uncharacteristically, elves seem to fear it the most. Why? It takes the old forest away, and returns Nature's Blessings to the soil for a new forest to sprout up. It chases out the chill on a cold night in the tavern. It cooks meat, removing disease. There is no need to fear fire.

((Sorry, had to sleep ^.^))
((End Secret Actions))

Arienne tilts her head, as if hearing voices. Her eyes slowly lock on to Ckaeyod.

Suddenly a heavy atmosphere falls between Ckaeyod and Arienne. Undetectable to the others something streams from Ckaeyod towards Arienne [2] but it is blocked by a much more visible surge of flaming energy causing sparks to appear were the two forces meet. Arienne feels a deeper rage than any she has felt before and with a gesture the flames that now surround her turns a deeper purplish red which seems to embody her anger. Another gesture this time with the staff and the flames seem to channel through it. The flame gathers in the quartz heart and its once brilliant clarity darkens and filling till overflowing. While slow to describe all of this has taken but moments and now the release. A surge of flame rages towards Ckaeyod. [4] As the flames shoot at him Ckaeyod tries to dodge to the side but is still clipped by the flames. His arm is now on fire and it seems to be slowly being consumed though for the moment the fire doesn't seem to be spreading till it has reduced its current meal to ashes as if the very existence of what it is burning is an affront to it's existence.

Karlan nudges Takashi and cocks his head at the arguing pair. When neither are looking at him, he makes a tentative clubbing motion.

Karlan's decision to try and get others to help break up the two is a bit late. Not that anyone decided to help anyway.

"One time," says Yanethi, to nobody in particular, "back at the village, i was tutoring two children. Well, tutoring - I mean to say I was telling them some stories about the waves and so on. Many of our stories have meaning enough to count as tutoring, although they often seem not. Anyway - Herryon was 4, and so was his best friend, Elren. A flying fish flapped onto the deck, as sometimes happens when it is willed, and Herryon leapt at it just before Elren could manage. Elren wasn't very happy when Herryon wouldn't give it to her, and she pushed Herryon into the water! I laughed, of course."

"I'm travelling with the caravan."

Follow the caravan. Meet and greet with them if required. They should provide an interesting journey.

"Herryon dropped the fish, of course."
Karlan tries not to interact with the people from the caravan. He looks ahead at the two paths.
Takashi Follows along behind quietly darting about examining things rolling their second head and the like...kinda restless.

As you all decide to head towards the caravan a raging heat appears behind you. The caravan ahead of you [5] notices something and [4] pick up the pace which quickly turns into an all out run away from your group. You all feel a bit exasperated and are somewhat afraid to turn around.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:06:29 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 14 - Hidden Psionics, Open Fire
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:54 pm »

"Such a fucking idiot..."

Arienne continues to point her stave at Ckaeyod.

"I'm going to kill you. That is true. It may not be here. It may not be now. But I shall kill you.

This is your punishment, you fool. Never underestimate anyone.
"

It seems to take great effort, but she lowers her staff, and attempts to suppress the fiery rage burning within her.

Action edited in regards to the latest development.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:30:07 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2016, 08:11:47 pm »

"I'm going to kill you. That is true. It may not be here. It may not be now. But I shall kill you.

"

It seems to take great effort, but she lowers her staff, and attempts to suppress the fiery rage burning within her.

"SUIT YOURSELF, FOOLISH HERETIC! I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB! ELVEN WHORE!" Ckaeyod's white eyes are stained with a reddish hue.
He's very clearly lost it, at least for now. Smirking devilishly, Ckaeyod raises his right hand above his head. "The great void beckons for you, harlot. Do you heed it's call?"

Action PM'd
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »

"You're just proving me right. Very well. I suppose you leave me no choice.

But I'm going to enjoy this.
"

Arienne once again points her stave at Ckaeyod and, focusing her anger, sends a wave of flames upon him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 15 SubTurn 1 - Lets just let them fight it out
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2016, 09:28:25 pm »

Turn 15 SubTurn 1 - Lets just let them fight it out

"

Action edited in regards to the latest development.
"SUIT YOURSELF, FOOLISH HERETIC! I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB! ELVEN WHORE!" Ckaeyod's white eyes are stained with a reddish hue.
He's very clearly lost it, at least for now. Smirking devilishly, Ckaeyod raises his right hand above his head. "The great void beckons for you, harlot. Do you heed it's call?"

Action PM'd
Release the power and hatred from the Being and allow it to flow through me, release it in a violent burst aimed at Arienne with the goal of rending body, mind and soul alike.

[3] You try to call upon the entities powers but only manage to scratch the surface. [6] But your control of what you did get is impeccable. The energy bursts out from you and starts to rend soul from flesh. [3] Once it is activated though the pain from your arm actively being reduced to ash distracts you long enough for Arienne to act.

"You're just proving me right. Very well. I suppose you leave me no choice.

But I'm going to enjoy this.
"

Arienne once again points her stave at Ckaeyod and, focusing her anger, sends a wave of flames upon him.

[5] The rage you tried to keep down no longer lets itself be caged. You once again point your staff at him and now there is no need to aim. A ray of fire connects the staff and the flames on his arm. [6] With your surging fire the flame also surges out of control. [1] Maybe a little too powerful as it spread to the terrain around him. While he might not survive another moment without something saving him, you might have caused a bit of a wildfire. Maybe you could try to control it? Maybe you could try to fuel it!

((Ckaeyod has an action to try to do something or else he is toast))
((Arienne can try to stop or amplify the wildfire, or maybe, just maybe try to protect her soul in-case someone decided to go out with her))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:29:59 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »

"If I smite thee then I am no worse than thee."

Arienne does her best to dissipate the flames. The intense pain of the scald wounds Ckaeyod has received should already be more than enough to distract him from counterattacking.

Arienne attempts to control the flames, with the sentiment discussed in the PM at the forefront of her mind. If it's possible to stop the fire entirely, she does so. If not, she simply cancels out the spread.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:04:26 pm by Coolrune206 »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »

((Um, yeah, your options were to control the fire and stop it from spreading or causing it to spread farther. You fueled this fire with anger and at the time he was literally ripping your soul and flesh in twain. This dumped a ton of emotional fuel on that quite literal fire. There is no turning back on that unless you describe in detail what you are actually doing to get rid of the flames. Also at this point his arm is basically gone and I don't think he will let it stop at that.))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:49:29 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2016, 10:22:40 pm »

"No matter how much you burn me.. you ca nt burn It. You're already dead." Ckaeyod becomes calm enough to regain his erudite way of speaking despite being on fire. "I regret none of this, for I know a Heaven awaits me beyond this. An eternal refuge that I will experience, rejoicing with my coven and worshipping the Silver God. He smiles upon me even in a situation like this..." Ckaeyods eyes hold a grim determination.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 15 SubTurn 2 - So No One Wants to Life?
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2016, 10:55:25 pm »

Turn 15 SubTurn 2 - So No One Wants to Life?

"If I smite thee then I am no worse than thee."

Arienne does her best to dissipate the flames. The intense pain of the scald wounds Ckaeyod has received should already be more than enough to distract him from counterattacking.

Arienne attempts to control the flames, with the sentiment discussed in the PM at the forefront of her mind. If it's possible to stop the fire entirely, she does so. If not, she simply cancels out the spread.

[4] She barely manages to stop the spread, foregoing the chance to stop him from literally ripping her soul out.

"No matter how much you burn me.. you ca nt burn It. You're already dead." Ckaeyod becomes calm enough to regain his erudite way of speaking despite being on fire. "I regret none of this, for I know a Heaven awaits me beyond this. An eternal refuge that I will experience, rejoicing with my coven and worshipping the Silver God. He smiles upon me even in a situation like this..." Ckaeyods eyes hold a grim determination.

Ckaeyod seems to almost draw in the flames [2] but sadly for him while the fire seems tamed almost but the raw emotions contained within it are to strong, maybe the suffering of having ones soul ripped out might boost some emotions? The more he struggles the more he realizes the damage isn't from the fire itself but rather burning rage given form. [1] Sadly he is even less able to handle this compared to the flames. It is almost as if the fact that his own power now being based on rage makes it the perfect fuel for this fire. [5] Luckily he is able to protect his soul or else his claim of a heaven waiting after would prove false. With this he decides to sacrifice the last thread of his life to shove The Entity within him at Arienne to finish her off.

Sadly as he does that a laughter erupts from within him. Now you find out that while we are one, we are not equal~ Does an ox mind if a single hair gets plucked~? It might sting but it is hardly the end~ Though I prepared a better vessel for me so I don't even have to go back to beyond~ You were too stubborn, too stupid, and too focused on some pitiful demigods cult when you could have had more power then that fool with a tenth of the followers~ Then again I guess that is why he had the cult do that ritual~ Let me tell you a secret~ The ritual worked and did everything it was meant to~ All it actually does is pull the most powerful entity nearby into a being while letting the person stay in control~ At the cost of your small and pitiful cult that silver meathead was willing to bet on you being able to spread the faith enough to make up for it~ Sadly this is were your story ends and your "god" can't help you in the afterlife because only a full god can do that~

With that Ckaeyod's last breath of life leaves him and a cloud of golden energy bursts out of his body. This energy quickly streams over to Arienne and swirls around her. Ever closer and ever inward it circles till finally it comes into contact with her body. [4] The energy quickly streams inward though anyone watching would seem what looks like runes encompassing the cloud quickly flash. While tattered they still remain intact and likely what will let her keep her mind. As the energy is streaming into her it also channels through the staff fundamentally changing it. Now the quartz heart is tinted a deep purple and the wood will forever feel warm to the touch. With that the flames around the area lose their purple tint and now seem to be just regular flames which she quickly extinguishes since she was already trying to reduce the rage powered flames.

[Arienne, Loses Untapped and Gains Raging Fire Magic Lv1]
[Arienne, Loses Penny Pincher lv4 and Gains Uncontrolled Novice Reality Bending Lv1]
[Ckaeyod, Dies and his soul goes back into the wheel of reincarnation which he came from in the first place]

((SubTurns are now over and turn 15 will be fully posted once everyone posts including Arienne with any wrap up she might want. In other news since one side of the hidden actions in the previous turn has gone away the turn will now be updated with the full action account.))

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Arìenne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:59:52 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2016, 11:03:31 pm »

((..so much emotional investment in Ckaeyod and he dies with hardly any fight.. Feels rigged. Keep rolling 1s and 2s on everything.. Whatever.))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »

((Yeah, the dice hated you. It is sad to see you go as your brand of zealotry was interesting. Admittedly though PvP was probably the deadliest fight in the area till after the next town.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2016, 11:07:36 pm »

((:C))

Arienne, all things considered, decides that now is a good time to lose consciousness and recover her mental sanity.

((I'm interested in how the group treats this.))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

((Oh and Mallos if you go and read turn 14 again which now includes some hidden actions you will see that the being in your body was playing both sides of this fight. His goal was actually mutual destruction because that would release him from his chains. Now he is just trapped in Arienne instead of being free.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16