Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meph Tileset Error  (Read 4423 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Meph Tileset Error
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:54 am »

With a fresh install of the game, more times than not it ends up looking like this:

https://gyazo.com/1c45a343d11557eea25aa1ed469e70e5

My graphics settings are:
Color: Meph
Print Mode: Text-Will-Be-Text
Font: Masterwork
Tileset_ Meph - 32 x 32
Truetype Font: Off

Is this a common thing? It's happened with multiple fresh installs and I don't know how to fix it or why it's even happening.

Thanks!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meph Tileset Error
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »

This is one of the discussion at hand.  We are looking into why so many are reporting similar issues at this time, just to get a baseline can you post more info,
Gpu:
Cpu:
Ram:
Monitor settings:

And anything else you consider useful.  We want to get a handle on this and see how we can remedy this issue and pass along the best gaming experience for everyone.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:38:14 pm »

Gpu: GTX 960
Cpu: Intel i5-3570K CPU @ 3.4GHz (4 CPUS) ~3.8GHz
Ram: 16GB
Monitor settings: 1920 x 1080, default settings

I've noticed this tends to occur more while generating medium maps or above, so maybe it could be memory/cpu related? It also can happen if you attempt to resize the game window.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:31:18 pm by Carcanken »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »

Getting the same issue as above. My stats are as follows:

Masterwork Settings:
Color: Meph
Print Mode: Text-Will-Be-Text
Font: Masterwork
Tileset_ Meph - 32 x 32
Truetype Font: Off

Computer Stats:
Gpu: Nvida GeForce GTX 660M
Cpu: Intel i7-35610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Ram: 12GB
Monitor settings: 1920x1080 Resolution, True Colour (32 bit), 60 Hertz Refresh

Dookmiester

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ferrets for their weasel war dances.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:13:49 pm »

Praise be I think I solved thanks to reddit! Just click in Masterwork settings Open → Utilities → Large Address Aware → Select Dwarf Fortress.exe and check the box. BAM back in business!

Edit: Of course that means it is a memory problem.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »

Praise be I think I solved thanks to reddit! Just click in Masterwork settings Open → Utilities → Large Address Aware → Select Dwarf Fortress.exe and check the box. BAM back in business!

Worked 100% for me as well DM. Great work! *gives a Jack Rat tallow and Jack Rat Meat biscuit.*

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »

Wow cool I'll try that tonight... yeah I am right between you two, and it happens to me too.

Works for me too!  Let's pass this info around.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:55:08 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 11:08:49 pm »

Worked for me as well! Thanks for finding this!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:42:14 am »

so I've never used that utility before, do I have to leave it running? do I have to reuse it every time I say shutdown/restart my system?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »

so I've never used that utility before, do I have to leave it running? do I have to reuse it every time I say shutdown/restart my system?
No, its sets a flag in the .exe, once patched, that .exe will remain large-adress-aware. You only do it once.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »

You won't have to do this with the next DF hack version that's compatible/stable with the 64bit version of dwarf fortress.

I wonder meph is DF hack a live memory editor?
I don't envy them having to re write the program to split up various actions into multiple threads :S e.g. clean map - one thread dealing with blood another with vomit etc, so the program effectively makes uses of multiple cores, unless my understanding is wrong :/
LP'er