Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137772 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #615 on: March 04, 2017, 03:37:03 pm »

You put the shell thing on your arm. It's very small and specific in terms of armor; really not terribly protective. Maybe it has some other use?

Nameless will let the philosophers decide 'what it's really for'. Meanwhile, he'll continue to assist the looting, either by staying below and collecting, or by climbing above and opening.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover will go ahead back and lower the bell for the nutjob. He'll stay on ready alert for hot crawler action though.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 04, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »

Scramble to shelter away from the deepsea horror. Preferably in a non-submerged building if there are any.

Once under cover, try to find something with structural 3+ or containing 2+

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:53 pm »

Excellent.  Now, get back to the most relevant thing a Deathless can do in such a situation--preparing to kill the only guy capable of destroying that being and retrieving our lives from beyond the grave, on the off-chance that he detonates.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 05, 2017, 03:54:13 am »

Touch the anemone thing to see if it reacts.  Pick it up to see if I can figure out anything about it, assuming it doesn't explode or some such.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 05, 2017, 03:33:12 pm »

Unsatisfied with this "You can't hurt it" nonsense, I'm going to go take a shot at the creature above us

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 05, 2017, 04:35:58 pm »

Examine the plank corpses to see what their qualities as crafting materials are like. Then try to squeeze past and head for the upper levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 05, 2017, 11:46:33 pm »

((Looks like I picked a good time!))

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #622 on: March 06, 2017, 03:32:55 pm »

Unfortunately the guy who was gonna do that is currently hiding in the crawer because of accidental demon summoning so...that wait might be a while.
Seeing as how I designed and made the thing, would it be ok if we say it was made with an automatic winch, or some sort of system to let the person inside the diving bell lower himself? So that Rauth isn't forced to sit around doing nothing. I could explain how this system would work if you want me to.

Now, I have to ask, how exactly are you going to try and attack it. Because you can't do it directly with the bead chain or anything. You have to manipulate the world to do damage.
Level 3: Manipulation of local material in a way that resembles mundane. Ie, you can go and psychically move or do things that you could normally do with your body.
The monster is a bunch of floating lightballs connected by lightwires, right?
Attack it by trying to tear loose one of the balls at the end of the chain. If needed, use feet to brace me to pull out one of the balls.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Sure, I suppose. Though he'd be lowering himself down straight into the Sea Monster if he left now so...perhaps he should still give it a second.

67/95 vs 69/70

You float up to the thing, grab one of the balls with your hands and yank it straight off. The ball phases from the mundane world into the deep sea and is left in your hand. The creature makes a strange screeching noise and seems to collapse inwards...or rather it seems to be getting further away? Or smaller? Its quite hard to tell.

"Ach, more of this drivel. Oh well..."

Go find some clean water and/or alcohol to soak the food in, and a heating element to cook it. Maybe set it on top of the generator.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
You grab a bag that looks appetizing and pour it into a bowl with some water. Then you head down into the bowels of the bore and place the bowl atop the first warm piece of equipment you can find: the generator.

You put the shell thing on your arm. It's very small and specific in terms of armor; really not terribly protective. Maybe it has some other use?

Nameless will let the philosophers decide 'what it's really for'. Meanwhile, he'll continue to assist the looting, either by staying below and collecting, or by climbing above and opening.

Legs The Mover will go ahead back and lower the bell for the nutjob. He'll stay on ready alert for hot crawler action though.

We'll see in future posts what they need you for.

Oh, so we are lowering him down straight next to the sea monster? I suppose thats alright since the thing is fairly well contained fighting Radio.

You lower the bell until it reaches the surface of the water. Not sure how far you want to go from there.

Scramble to shelter away from the deepsea horror. Preferably in a non-submerged building if there are any.

Once under cover, try to find something with structural 3+ or containing 2+

You run into the same room as Nameless and the rest of the team on the island of worms. Hey, these chunks of stone that someone crunched off these chair things are at least structural 3!

Excellent.  Now, get back to the most relevant thing a Deathless can do in such a situation--preparing to kill the only guy capable of destroying that being and retrieving our lives from beyond the grave, on the off-chance that he detonates.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
You point your sword at joshua and point to your eyes and then point back at him and make a stern face.

Touch the anemone thing to see if it reacts.  Pick it up to see if I can figure out anything about it, assuming it doesn't explode or some such.

You pick it up and the ball starts to spread across your hand and arm, but then stops and retracts back to its starting form. Huh. Maybe it would work on a fleshy thing?

Unsatisfied with this "You can't hurt it" nonsense, I'm going to go take a shot at the creature above us

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I don't think I ever said you can't hurt it.

[02/70 vs 85/70]

You fire a round straight up at the thing. Its quite a shot, considering the distance and size of the thing, but you hit dead on and the creature bursts in a flash of light. Its constituent balls rain down into the water and onto the worms.

Examine the plank corpses to see what their qualities as crafting materials are like. Then try to squeeze past and head for the upper levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm. They're structural 2, organic 4, weird 2
23/70
You squeeze between the bodies and up to the hole in the roof. There are more bodies laying on the hole, but you think you might be able to push through them. However, if you fail and they collapse, it could trap you down here.

((Looks like I picked a good time!))

Welcome aboard! You start in the crew quarters. We're currently sitting 90 degrees on our side so you technically start on the wall of the crew quarters.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #623 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:50 pm »

Vokun continues lowering the diving bell.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 06, 2017, 03:51:15 pm »

Is it dead? Doublechecking to be absolutely sure.
If not, yank of another ball.
If yes, collect some of the real world remains of the thing, and observe them. Then also observe the one ball that got phased into the deep sea. What are the differences between the remains? Do they get different tags?

Then go check out one of the woody corpses.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:53:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »

You run into the same room as Nameless and the rest of the team on the island of worms. Hey, these chunks of stone that someone crunched off these chair things are at least structural 3!

Huzzah! Harumble! Loot the artifact furniture stone chunks, assess for tags.

Assess the rain of crystal balls avariciously, if I see it. Look/enter for something nobody else has found/explored yet; such as another room.

Also, if something requires 3xstructural 4-containing 2, does that mean the structural material must be the containing one? And if so, could the structural material be hollowed out to get a containing 2 tag?

One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 06, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »

Wait for it to heat up.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »

Doug awoke from his nap.  Funny; he remembered being on the floor last time instead of the wall.  Probably the idiot pilot.  Whatever; time to poke around this place.

Explore this level.  What can I get into?  Can I find a firearm around here?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2017, 05:46:49 pm »

If Bargthor passes the anemone to him, Nameless will attempt to wear it or activate it or whatever.
Edit: since Bargthor is keeping the anemone, Nameless will climb up into the room above Bargthor and look for more loot.

Legs The Mover: Uselessness intensifies. Hang out in the ... whichever Bore room he is in.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:17:19 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2017, 11:55:14 pm »

Oh no, this one doesn't affect me, I'm picking it up.  Should be fun to hit some meatbag recreationally with it.

Shuffle over to a wall in the rough direction of the bore.  Give it a hammer blow with the point of the claw, trying to start a hole that could be used to enlarge into a door or window or something.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 70