Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)  (Read 13598 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Buisness (SG)
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2017, 09:49:56 pm »

I want to play Spellbook magician of prophecy and gagagashield, both face-down... And seriously don't use the shield on the magician, we want to sacrifice the magician to make it look like the shield can't save a monster...
+1 to the above professor interactions though.

Oh, what are the rules for cheating? Can we draw a card of our choice if we can cite dramatic significance?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:54:24 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:47 pm »

I want to play Spellbook magician of prophecy and gagagashield, both face-down... And seriously don't use the shield on the magician, we want to sacrifice the magician to make it look like the shield can't save a monster...
Fair point.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2017, 10:27:15 pm »

Found a translated listing of the classes offered by the Leo Duel School in Arc-V:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some of this should not be as funny as I think it is.

Oh, what are the rules for cheating? Can we draw a card of our choice if we can cite dramatic significance?

That will be an acquired skill.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2017, 11:15:54 pm »

Well I would gravitate towards the reality-altering secrets-of-the-universe forbidden-knowledge route of the composite course.
Is there some reason that the arrow to xyz is almost invisible? that cannot all be down to Jpeg artefacts...

Can we at least voluntarily move our signature card to the top of our deck? Or maybe we can draw a specific card if we can tie it into a really good pun? Or a cheesy overused line? "Ghost of a chance..."
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2017, 01:51:43 pm »

This seems like the best idea for our moves so far.

Also we should aim for the Special Card Metamorphosing Theory, Shining Draw is the most broken of the protagonist powers :p.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2017, 01:56:34 pm »

Before I forget, Which Spellbooks do we have in our deck?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2017, 02:22:42 pm »

I just realized:

Serious Buisness?

....*Business?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Card Games are Serious Business (SG)
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2017, 02:36:16 pm »

Well I would gravitate towards the reality-altering secrets-of-the-universe forbidden-knowledge route of the composite course.
Also we should aim for the Special Card Metamorphosing Theory, Shining Draw is the most broken of the protagonist powers :p.

I should mention that is not going to be a direct translation of the one I will be using for the school.  That being said, that doesn't mean some of this won't be on the list.

Before I forget, Which Spellbooks do we have in our deck?

I'm pretty much mixing the deck lists on this page under the 'Spellbook Recycle' part.

I just realized:

Serious Buisness?

....*Business?

How the hell did I not notice that?  And why has no one brought it up before now?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »

Wait, pointing out typos doesn't cost us our souls?
Read the First Post!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2017, 01:06:14 pm »

We should probably search for Spellbook Of Secrets first.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »

We should probably search for Spellbook Of Secrets first.
Good idea. We'll be able to use Strength's affect if we wanted. Remember that we should put Spellbook Star Hall down before we play it. I'd say we use Secrets for Spellbook of Power on our next turn, unless the professor plays no monsters and puts down several spell/traps on his turn, in which case we go for Spellbook of Wisdom.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »

Does spellbook magician of prophecy count as a spellbook?
Read the First Post!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »

It should do if I'm not mistaken, there's not much point in searching for it though.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2017, 06:51:18 pm »

It technically WOULD be a spellbook spell card, but whenever a card specifically mentions a spellbook card in it's effect, it often, if not always, refers to a "spellbook" spell card. So it pretty much limits it to the actual spellbooks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:35 pm »

Is Monster Reborn legal to play on this game?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13