Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3489 3490 [3491] 3492 3493 ... 3520

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3703685 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #52350 on: January 21, 2024, 03:22:22 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52351 on: January 21, 2024, 04:23:43 pm »

Ugh I really was hoping not to have the stress of Trump being on the November ballot.  There are almost no scenarios in which I can imagine Haley getting nominated over Trump.

The cynic in me wonders what DeSantis was offered...

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52352 on: January 21, 2024, 05:07:39 pm »

DeSantis was offered the same choke collar he used to wear.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52353 on: January 21, 2024, 06:56:44 pm »

They should make him carry his campaign to term.
This is not a signature.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52354 on: January 21, 2024, 07:04:05 pm »

Ugh I really was hoping not to have the stress of Trump being on the November ballot.

I've not been paying thaaat close to politics but  was this ever a possibility? As far as I can tell trumps remained super popular with republicans basically this whole time, and everyone else has been fighting over scraps. It would have taken something major to upturn his support, and by major I mean sedition vs the government and sexual assault wasn't enough in the first place for his supporters soooo... I feel like the others only joined to gamble on that chance he dies before November. 

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52355 on: January 21, 2024, 07:22:00 pm »

Hell, I wouldn't even have bet dying would have kept him from getting the nomination. We've had dead people end up on a ballot before and the GOP's so post truth at this point it's entirely possible enough of them wouldn't believe it (or care) his corpse could have won the primaries.

There was precious little chance he wasn't going to be the GOP candidate for president this cycle. Entire bloody party's turned into a cult of personality at this point, there's little left of it but Trump.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 07:37:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52356 on: January 21, 2024, 07:25:27 pm »

I guess I was harboring naive optimism.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52357 on: January 21, 2024, 09:13:46 pm »

Ugh I really was hoping not to have the stress of Trump being on the November ballot.

I've not been paying thaaat close to politics but  was this ever a possibility? As far as I can tell trumps remained super popular with republicans basically this whole time, and everyone else has been fighting over scraps. It would have taken something major to upturn his support, and by major I mean sedition vs the government and sexual assault wasn't enough in the first place for his supporters soooo... I feel like the others only joined to gamble on that chance he dies before November.

This is what I guessed too.  They started campaigns in the hopes he'd either be dead or in prison now, or would be disqualified from the presidency, but that hasn't panned out and doesn't look likely at this point.

Either that, or they're hoping to get more recognition for future campaigning, either for local campaigns or another round of presidential elections in case Trump can't run in 2028 due to the above or because he's served two terms.

I don't think any of them could have realistically expected to beat Trump in a popularity contest.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52358 on: January 21, 2024, 10:18:55 pm »

They should make him carry his campaign to term.
Ooooooh!
Not much to say except I'm relieved DeSantis won't get to spread his particularly-extreme platform against women and trans people on a national level.  Not like I like Trump, who's dutifully parroting the anti-trans rhetoric as a good establishment puppet, but... yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #52359 on: January 22, 2024, 04:20:46 pm »

Damn. I was really looking forward to the "Meatball Ron" campaign ads.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #52360 on: January 24, 2024, 03:15:32 pm »

Fingers crossed for a Dean Phillips / Nikki Haley 3rd party ticket

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52361 on: January 24, 2024, 04:40:40 pm »

Fingers crossed for a Dean Phillips / Nikki Haley 3rd party ticket

I dunno; to be honest, and I hate myself for it, I'm hoping that age/health issues solves the problem for us.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52362 on: January 24, 2024, 09:44:25 pm »

Has the Texas National Guard been federalized yet? Abbot said they're no longer under federal authority because he declared immigrants a foreign invasion and mobilized them or something.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52363 on: January 25, 2024, 12:41:12 am »

I suspect they were just told to back off and let the feds through the road blocks.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52364 on: January 25, 2024, 06:27:02 am »

Can Texas even declare invasions like that? I thought foreign policy was handled by the US government
Pages: 1 ... 3489 3490 [3491] 3492 3493 ... 3520