Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233305 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2017, 02:56:42 pm »

John ignores them and keeps talking with the merchants"So about that knife, is only to butcher animals or can help in a fight?"

"I mean my pick has been very useful but maybe someday I will find myself in a area with little space and swinging it will not be possible"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2017, 02:58:39 pm »

Frank seems surprised.

"We're in a shitty little hell-hole, and you want to fight another member of your party to death?

I think  this display of stupidity of yours already disqualifies you to make any decisions relating to money.

Isn't that right, MURDERER? Teamkilling FIEND!
"
"In my professional opinion, you are.. eheh... STUPID! Not only that, you're a trouble magnet and caused most of the trouble that got Lorenzo into that mess! You have no sense in your spending attempts, and are stupid enough to believe I would intentionally kill someone! The nerve of him, the organs have to be Alive.. No, it's to the ground. If you can't keep fighting, then you don't get the stuff. Simple!"
(To 1/4th max health. That prevents unintentional death and allows for beating the crap out of him sufficiently to kill him later if he continues to be annoying!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:00:21 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2017, 03:01:46 pm »

No, it's to the ground. If you can't keep fighting, then you don't get the stuff. Simple!

(Psst, I don't want to sound stupid, but "to the ground" just means being knocked down, right?  Like "first blood"?)

(And it's obvious you'll lead with your new hammer, Dustan, but Coolrune206: will you lead with the knife or try to sling projectiles at him to start?)

(ziizo, I'll answer your questions in the duel update shortly.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »

Frank backs up and prepares his sling, only using a regular rock. If his foe manages to close the distance before he can fight, he uses his new knife, Ser Stabsalot.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

No, it's to the ground. If you can't keep fighting, then you don't get the stuff. Simple!

(Psst, I don't want to sound stupid, but "to the ground" just means being knocked down, right?  Like "first blood"?)

(And it's obvious you'll lead with your new hammer, Dustan, but Coolrune206: will you lead with the knife or try to sling projectiles at him to start?)

(ziizo, I'll answer your questions in the duel update shortly.)
(no. "first blood" is what it says it is. the first person to harm the other wins. There's no proper term for this, but the closest thing would be relatable to "say uncle", but automatically triggered at low health.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2017, 03:51:40 pm »

Previous -- Next

The senseless duel update!  I thought cannibalism was on the menu, but it seems first we must go through beating each other violently.

Frank and Dustan, unable or unwilling to accept each other's judgement re: glowstone and wheelbarrow, shout their way into a brawl to submission.  Having spent what cash they could agree on, each is armed with new accoutrements.

"Well, that's fine enough so long as they stay some good distance away." says the bearded man.  He clears his throat, turns his back and walks off to continue business with John.  Interested onlookers crane their neck.  Especially the ones who sold the weapons.

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . So Dustan (Dustan Hache) goes first, but Frank (Coolrune206) had wanted to try a ranged attack, so I'll say Frank sees how little time he has and switches to melee for a simultaneous bash-and-stab fest.

. . . I don't believe it.

Dustan's war hammer has all the power of rage behind it, but Frank's knife was forged from mysterious underground "workstone"; each lands the other a blow that would drop any healthy adult off his or her feet.  Both an inch from death, they drop to the stone floor at the exact same moment.

The bearded man clears his throat again.  "Right.  I'm Etrigan, by the way.  We all come by crazy names down here, don't we?  I used to think Charun or Cerberus were smart ideas.  Youth!

"But you were asking after butcher knives.  Generally, no, they're not much good in combat, not when you already have that pick.  The deal is the sharp edge: anyone in mail will cause problems to a sharp weapon.  Likewise, blunt weapons like that war hammer have trouble against strong hide.  But a mining pick?  Piercing weapons go through almost anything.

"The key difference is that picks aren't made for combat, and so a good sword or a war hammer or a workstone knife like that other fellow got will give you much more advantage than a pick could when you don't have to worry about armor.  Just not a plain knife."

Seriously, that's what I rolled.  How about you shake hands just sort of walk away from each other, keep close grip on your loot into the future, and head out?  You can rest overnight and get health back, especially if you're willing to burn 1 kg of your remaining glowstone.

Just . . . just tell me a direction you want to leave.  And any last-minute adjustments to purchases, i.e., redundant knives.  And I'll try to stop laughing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:17:39 am by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2017, 04:10:05 pm »

"I think I win, considering how critically injured you are."

Frank is trying to play it cool, but it appears he is also quite battered.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2017, 04:18:32 pm »

"Oh well, thank you anyway. You can keep the one opal in bug bat and I will exchange this surface kit for bandages"

Make the exchange give my two bandages to the injured

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2017, 05:02:12 pm »

"hah, at least you probably have a bone or two broken. Excuse me while I stitch myself up."
carefully sew up that hole in my body made by the knife with some needle and thread, refusing the bandages. Deny frank the sales from the barrow and refrain from selling from it myself, since we tied. Let him purchase stuff as he pleases though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:06:22 pm by Dustan Hache »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2017, 05:06:05 pm »

"hah, at least you probably have a bone or two broken. Excuse me while I stitch myself up."
carefully sew up that hole made by the knife with some needle and thread, refusing the bandages. Deny frank the sales from the barrow and refrain from selling from it myself, since we tied. Let him purchase stuff as he pleases though.
"Deny me the sales and I'll finish the job. I have this sling. I can kill you before you even know it."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »

carefully sew up that hole made by the knife with some needle and thread, refusing the bandages. Deny frank the sales from the barrow and refrain from selling from it myself, since we tied. Let him purchase stuff as he pleases though.
"Deny me the sales and I'll finish the job. I have this sling. I can kill you before you even know it."
"and I'm still next to you with a hammer in hand. You feel lucky, punk?"
kill him if he tries to sell anything from the barrow anyway. If I die in the process, well tough shit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:12 pm »

"News flash, asshole. I mined a lot of that Purplish glowstone stuff, and found a bit more myself. If anyone sells it, it's me. Don't try to restrict my barrow access. You fucking MURDERER."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2017, 05:32:35 pm »

Hey, hey, yeah, we got it.  You rascals.

But one thing: they have no bandages for sale.  All surface goods are very rare, and I posted those prices for you to sell the things.  If instead you try this bizarre cave invention called "packaged vitality" for 25 opal, you can all heal together.  So, ziizo, you could trade back your redundant iron knife and sell your surface kit, and afford the "vitality" with some small change left.

Likewise, Dustan, you bought an iron knife that is redundant (so long as you trust Frank to do all the butchering . . . ).

And this is also a hint.  If you want more healing items, that's all you get.

But other than that, again, there's healing from camping.  Ready to head out?  Final decisions?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2017, 05:35:50 pm »

"Is weird that the ex-criminal is the calmest one in the group? But in important matters Do you know if one can get good booze in Rock Bottom?"John ask the merchants

Don't exchange the Kit then, just fill the Water Keg and Waterskin and keep my bandage.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2017, 05:45:08 pm »

Hey, hey, yeah, we got it.  You rascals.

But one thing: they have no bandages for sale.  All surface goods are very rare, and I posted those prices for you to sell the things.  If instead you try this bizarre cave invention called "packaged vitality" for 25 opal, you can all heal together.  So, ziizo, you could trade back your redundant iron knife and sell your surface kit, and afford the "vitality" with some small change left.

Likewise, Dustan, you bought an iron knife that is redundant (so long as you trust Frank to do all the butchering . . . ).

And this is also a hint.  If you want more healing items, that's all you get.

But other than that, again, there's healing from camping.  Ready to head out?  Final decisions?
In all honesty, coolrune seems to enjoy being less-than-sane and causing more trouble than he is worth. I think we are going to end up killing each other because he does not understand that our survival is a shared effort, and the goods in the barrow are shared as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 173