Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]  (Read 42464 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]
« Reply #510 on: September 24, 2017, 12:39:41 am »

A pity Moskurg couldn't make some proper IFF enchantments, I was rather looking forward to being immortal. On that note I wonder if the crystal survived the golem's destruction... can someone check that? It's really important.
Someone did check on it, that is how they knew that they were an Arstotzkan and thus subject to summary execution under Kegger law.

Speaking of crystals surviving... I really hope some of mine made it into the warp aether... They have a rather important job to do involving a mathematically perfect religion...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 24, 2017, 01:04:16 am »

If my possible, my ghost would like to formally request a statue for my noble sacrifice. Or at least a really cool gravestone.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 24, 2017, 01:14:35 am »

Well this has to be one of the most appropriate possible endings for an Arms Race game.  Te salute, eS!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 24, 2017, 02:00:18 am »

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2017, 02:06:44 am »

You're (not) shooting the wrong people to accomplish that Andres :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 24, 2017, 02:16:32 am »

Glory to Forenia!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:51 am »

Since the game is over, I might as well reveal that catgirl assassins was an actual contender for a design at one point. I'm not joking and I'm not exaggerating - the design name was literally 'catgirl assassins' and it at one point had the most amount of votes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:37:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 24, 2017, 02:21:38 am »

....YOU FUCKING WHAT.

And here I was thinking that Arstotzka at least prized being rational :P

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 24, 2017, 02:27:23 am »

Long live United Forenia!

...wait, did a few loyal Arstotzkans escape into space at the end of the game... AGAIN? Godsdamnit. You people are like cockroaches. Space-cockroaches.

Anyway, you're all lucky I like melodramatic speeches. A more straightforward person would've just unleashed the unfettered power of God on the world without preamble, and who knows what damage that might've done. Can your AM-resistant circuits resist the Holy Word spoken by the Most Merciful God himself?

Also, for those interested, here's my design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was inspired by our first attempt at Tubikh Rrahim, when eS accidentally suggested it would affect an entire theatre at once. He, uh, dialed that back a bit quite quickly.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 24, 2017, 02:37:30 am »

Well, it's only five of them, and they're now cat-arstotzkans. I don't think we have to worry about them being a viable population.

Also, I'm surprised at how effective my design was given that I only got a 2 for it; just wading through the enemy completely fucking invincible. Hell, if I survive this I'm starting the Moskurg ground marines :P

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 24, 2017, 02:42:55 am »

You didn't particularly do much - you had heavy armor and a screaming sword, which gave you +1 to your "doesn't die in the game" roll.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 24, 2017, 02:47:06 am »

Yeah.
Arstotzka had to deal with a lot of...
"eccentric"
designs.

Like the man cannon. And catgirl assassins. And a shell that would be designed to sever your connection with your god. And a shell that would target your god.
The last two ideas are mine, but I didn't vote for them. So that 100% clears me of involvement.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 24, 2017, 03:30:55 am »

You didn't particularly do much - you had heavy armor and a screaming sword, which gave you +1 to your "doesn't die in the game" roll.

Hey, not dying in this end of game free for all is impressive in it's own right! :P

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 24, 2017, 03:32:20 am »

I managed to create a whole new field of magic without it consuming my soul or whatever happened to those other poor souls.

I am kind of glad we did not summon the mind of madness now.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 24, 2017, 03:33:16 am »

Nuke was merely driven crazy by tapping into the Aether unprepared - an act best left for skilled Arstotzkan mathemagicians. Nothing more happened.
Nothing.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36